Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
LOL...okay then. 5'7" at 210 and 10% is an FFMI of 29.66...which would make you one of the most genetically gifted humans to ever walk the earth.

Anrold is 6'2" and won the Olympia at about 235.

You either have no idea what you're talking about, or you're running a ton of drugs.

Everyone wildly under-estimates their fat %

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm 5'7" and not juicing. I used to be 5'10", but I think all those years of powerlifting have compressed my spine. I am considering doing a competition next year, but I don't think I can make the weight cutoff for classic. Yet I'm too small for bodybuilding.

I'd like to say it was all me, but my trainer has really shown me how to fine tune and improve my diet. My nutrition is way better than it was a few years ago. I eat more fruits and veggies, and take one of those superfood shakes that has like nine servings of fruits and veggies. I take super-micronized creatine that cuts on the bloating. And I take a supplement called ZMA that has greatly improved my recovery. It puts you in REM sleep longer (which is where you heal). I recommend this for anyone that is training hard.

It is so much easier to abuse my body when my nutrition and rest are so much better than they were.

I don't consider 227 at single digits to be massive, because to be super shredded would mean I need to be somewhere around 210. That's not big, bodybuilding wise.
All of this was very lolzy, don't even know where to begin.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just started an extreme cut to get as lean as possible before starting a true 3-6 month bulk with max effort diet adherence (which is not something I've ever been able to do)

Since my Dexa scan last week my diet relaxed too much and I had a few days fully off the wagon. I'm at 74kg and I have never gone lower than 73kg, aiming for 70kg and sub 10%. This will then give me a foundation to focus on getting bigger.

Anyway the plan is:

1.5g protein per lb = 240p
0.25g carbs per lb = 40g
0.25g fat per lb = 40g

Total: 1480 calories.

Day 11, Day 16 and day 19 I will have a carb refeed of 120g carbs per day then in the final few days I will carb load on 200g carbs per day

Normally I would aim for 10-12 cals per lb which at 163lbs is 1630-1956, so if I end up on 1500-1700 then I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Training will be back-shoulders, chest-arms, legs and abs split with HIIT on rest days and aiming for 10k steps per day

If anyone wants the exact program then just let me know
What do your meals look like at 240 / 40 / 40? I'm adjusting to a non-keto diet and having to cut back on fat. It's not hard persay, just a change that I'm adapting to. I'm really looking for better protein sources that have low fat without having to eat chicken breast / cod / egg whites all day.

Also how much of a difference do you really think it makes doing 240/40/40 vs say, 200/60/60?

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's gotta be all that extra protein he's getting from sucking himself off.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone into rowing? I do a lot of hiking/walking/climbing but this year wanted to reach for more as far as my overall fitness. I've been rowing for 4 months now (https://www.amazon.com/Concept2-Model-Indoor-Rowing-Machine/dp/B00OUGNUO8) and I gained an 1" on my chest while losing 6lbs which I really wasn't intending but I did nothing to really eat more when I added in new routine. I'm just curious if anyone has been rowing for a few years to see where this type of exercise might plateau. I'm currently 155lbs @ 5'9".

I know %BF measurements as recently discussed are not terribly accurate. I track mine mostly to track change I don't really care what the actual number is, since June I've dropped 3% currently sitting at mid 16s. Outside of just wanting to be healthy my primary passion is mountain climbing and I was finding just putting more miles on the pavement wasn't helping me anymore on harder climbs and strength training is going to be a better help on the peaks I want to tackle.

So any rowers out there? strength routines to share?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone into rowing? I do a lot of hiking/walking/climbing but this year wanted to reach for more as far as my overall fitness. I've been rowing for 4 months now (https://www.amazon.com/Concept2-Model-Indoor-Rowing-Machine/dp/B00OUGNUO8) and I gained an 1" on my chest while losing 6lbs which I really wasn't intending but I did nothing to really eat more when I added in new routine. I'm just curious if anyone has been rowing for a few years to see where this type of exercise might plateau. I'm currently 155lbs @ 5'9".

I know %BF measurements as recently discussed are not terribly accurate. I track mine mostly to track change I don't really care what the actual number is, since June I've dropped 3% currently sitting at mid 16s. Outside of just wanting to be healthy my primary passion is mountain climbing and I was finding just putting more miles on the pavement wasn't helping me anymore on harder climbs and strength training is going to be a better help on the peaks I want to tackle.

So any rowers out there? strength routines to share?
I row at the start of every work out. Best cardio exercise because its the least boring imo.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What do your meals look like at 240 / 40 / 40? I'm adjusting to a non-keto diet and having to cut back on fat. It's not hard persay, just a change that I'm adapting to. I'm really looking for better protein sources that have low fat without having to eat chicken breast / cod / egg whites all day.

Also how much of a difference do you really think it makes doing 240/40/40 vs say, 200/60/60?

At such low calories I need higher protein to preserve muscle

Today was 800g chicken breast lol (sous vide makes eating this much easy)

3 eggs scrambled at breakfast.

160g sweet corn at lunch

300g sweet potato at dinner

A protein bar

I'm at 2000 calories so way over lol, it was easier at the weekend when I was getting up later

For fat I either eat lean meat with avocado, nuts or eggs, or fattier cuts of meat e.g. Salmon (sous vide salmon is probably the best meal I'll ever cook and stupidly easy)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At such low calories I need higher protein to preserve muscle

Today was 800g chicken breast lol (sous vide makes eating this much easy)

3 eggs scrambled at breakfast.

160g sweet corn at lunch

300g sweet potato at dinner

A protein bar

I'm at 2000 calories so way over lol, it was easier at the weekend when I was getting up later

For fat I either eat lean meat with avocado, nuts or eggs, or fattier cuts of meat e.g. Salmon (sous vide salmon is probably the best meal I'll ever cook and stupidly easy)
What sous vide machine do you use / recommend? How long does it take to prepare a chicken breast, and how do you reheat it (if you do reheat it)?

I've thought about getting a sous vide but not that seriously since they seem so expensive and I'm not sure if the difference between using it and an oven was worth it.

The problem I have with chicken breast is what the sous vide is supposed to mitigate: if you eat a chicken breast without a bunch of carbs/fat on it, you have to cook it right for it to be easy to eat in large quantities.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think you could completely remove several vertebrae and not lose 3" height

He forgot to say his previous job was an astronaut. He did top sekret missions for NASA until they ran out of money and he had to schlep back with the normies. Of course he lost 3 inches to gravity. Just ask Lumie.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are the chances that he's been trying to suck his own dick for so long that he gave himself scoliosis?

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What sous vide machine do you use / recommend? How long does it take to prepare a chicken breast, and how do you reheat it (if you do reheat it)?

I've thought about getting a sous vide but not that seriously since they seem so expensive and I'm not sure if the difference between using it and an oven was worth it.

The problem I have with chicken breast is what the sous vide is supposed to mitigate: if you eat a chicken breast without a bunch of carbs/fat on it, you have to cook it right for it to be easy to eat in large quantities.

I have one which was only sold in UK to my knowledge but there a number of US circulator brands, where you provide the container and they heat/circulate the water. Anova and Joule are the main ones I think

Chicken takes 60 minutes - I literally sprinkle some rub on them and that's it. Reheating is either putting them back in the water for 15 minutes or eating cold.

Lately I've been buying frozen chicken because you can cook it sous vide from frozen, you just add on another 15 minutes or so. I can get 750g chicken for £3, or 800g unfrozen for £6. You can't tell them apart, and yes the difference is massive between SV and oven.

I've had it 2 years and I cook ALL my meat in there, except when I grill (bought a kamado joe in January and that hardly gets used lol :( )

I can make several days worth of chicken/meat in advance, the most effort is bagging individual breasts up and then dunking the bags in iced water to cool down for the refridgerator.

I also cook other meats in there - you can cook all red meats eg beef, lamb etc at the same temp, the only difference is the duration. So I might put a small brisket joint in there at 130c for 48 hours, some boneless lamb legs that are 8% fat only take 12-18, throw in some burgers or steaks in there too as they only take an hour.

Sous vide produces results that transform the meat - when you put some lamb on a fork your brain thinks it knows what to expect but when it lands on your tongue it takes you by surprise because you've never had lamb cooked that precisely before or that tenderly.

Same with salmon, blows my mind every time, it's like fishy butter is the only way I can describe it

I am methodical in my meal prep but also lazy. I'm sure someone prepared to invest a little more time could come up with even better results. eg last week I tried batch cooking the chicken in the SV, then cooking some stir fry veg in a pan with curry paste and coconut milk then adding the chicken to it to make chicken curry. It was incredible because the chicken was so tender but I'm lazy so back to just SV chicken and rub

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have one which was only sold in UK to my knowledge but there a number of US circulator brands, where you provide the container and they heat/circulate the water. Anova and Joule are the main ones I think

Chicken takes 60 minutes - I literally sprinkle some rub on them and that's it. Reheating is either putting them back in the water for 15 minutes or eating cold.

Lately I've been buying frozen chicken because you can cook it sous vide from frozen, you just add on another 15 minutes or so. I can get 750g chicken for £3, or 800g unfrozen for £6. You can't tell them apart, and yes the difference is massive between SV and oven.

I've had it 2 years and I cook ALL my meat in there, except when I grill (bought a kamado joe in January and that hardly gets used lol :( )

I can make several days worth of chicken/meat in advance, the most effort is bagging individual breasts up and then dunking the bags in iced water to cool down for the refridgerator.

I also cook other meats in there - you can cook all red meats eg beef, lamb etc at the same temp, the only difference is the duration. So I might put a small brisket joint in there at 130c for 48 hours, some boneless lamb legs that are 8% fat only take 12-18, throw in some burgers or steaks in there too as they only take an hour.

Sous vide produces results that transform the meat - when you put some lamb on a fork your brain thinks it knows what to expect but when it lands on your tongue it takes you by surprise because you've never had lamb cooked that precisely before or that tenderly.

Same with salmon, blows my mind every time, it's like fishy butter is the only way I can describe it

I am methodical in my meal prep but also lazy. I'm sure someone prepared to invest a little more time could come up with even better results. eg last week I tried batch cooking the chicken in the SV, then cooking some stir fry veg in a pan with curry paste and coconut milk then adding the chicken to it to make chicken curry. It was incredible because the chicken was so tender but I'm lazy so back to just SV chicken and rub
Sold, thanks.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL...okay then. 5'7" at 210 and 10% is an FFMI of 29.66...which would make you one of the most genetically gifted humans to ever walk the earth.

Anrold is 6'2" and won the Olympia at about 235.

You either have no idea what you're talking about, or you're running a ton of drugs.

My trainer makes me send him weekly progress pics.

The first pic is of me at 273, this second on the right is at 251. I'm 246 now. Like I said, we'll get down to 227 and I'll go get a hydro measure. We'll see. He's adding in cardio very soon, right now it's just weights and MMA.

Also, I haven't really lost that much size, my trainer has dropped my calories by 20%. I fill out the next day after a cheat meal.

IMG_06091.jpg

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The amount of stupid in this thread is at an all-time high.

I'll be back in a week.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users