Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lyrical being a fat manlet makes so much sense.

By all means, please post pics of yourself so they can be critiqued. For some of you that are uninformed, there's this thing called "bulking."

When you are able to bench press 400, do militaries for 225 for six reps, or squat 600 unenhanced, let me know and I'll be impressed.

Other than that, continue to talk shit from behind your keyboard. You haven't had a hard workout in your life.

You couldn't do my warm ups, pussy boy.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you are able to bench press 400, do militaries for 225 for six reps, or squat 600 unenhanced, let me know and I'll be impressed.

Your smith and hammer strength machine numbers don't count.

• 2Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
By all means, please post pics of yourself so they can be critiqued. For some of you that are uninformed, there's this thing called "bulking."

Other than that, continue to talk shit from behind your keyboard. You haven't had a hard workout in your life.

No one cares about your fake lifts. They don't matter. Rather be a whole 9 inches taller and not a bald and fat American Inventor.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your smith and hammer strength machine numbers don't count.

That's free weight, bitch. I only do hammer strength for back rows now.

I'm pretty sure I've got some video on one of my wife's phones of me putting up 400 on bench, with no bench shirt, wraps, and with perfect technique.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Your doing this at under 250? That is impressive.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your doing this at under 250? That is impressive.

I'm 246 now, down from 274ish 16 weeks ago at the start my recomp.

I did find a video of me repping 365 for reps on bench. I can't find the 405 anywhere, it's on a hard drive around here somewhere.

I'm actually a little stronger at 246. My trainer is great. The process has been slow, because I'm not dieting, I'm recomping. If I lose more than 1.5 pounds a week, he increases calories. The last few weeks have been .8 at a time. He cut my carbs, but increased my fats and proteins, and the BCAA's help me maintain the muscle when dieting.

If I were to take clen + t3 and an anabolic, I'm sure I could drop 20 pounds in three weeks. But I'm too old to do that shit. I like my BP at 126/73. That's my pressure today. I can't touch any sort of thermogenic, and when prohormones were legal at GNC I took them for three weeks, but BP numbers got way too damn high. I'm talking 180/110. I'll finish my recomp, and it may take me til January to get there, but I'll have done it myself, with no enhancement.

As I get older, I just want to be healthy for my kids. I'm sure I'll be healthier dropping from 273 to into my 220's. My tests have improved already.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I add in some cardio, we'll see what that does. It's better to go slow than to rush, and add-in small incremental changes.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6' even, 195 this morning. I should probably have qualified my numbers with hypermobility type Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. My numbers are pretty impressive for a gumby.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
6' even, 195 this morning. I should probably have qualified my numbers with hypermobility type Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. My numbers are pretty impressive for a gumby.
Damn dude that shit is rough. You aren't concerned with ligament and tendon damage?

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Absolutely. Muscle is the only thing that really provides joint stability, which helps protects the tendons and ligaments. Too much and I get overuse type injuries. It's important to do what I can while I can. It's hard. I dislocated my AC joint picking up a 30 pound dumbbell a few weeks ago, and again last Friday putting on a t-shirt.

• 1Salty

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My trainer makes me send him weekly progress pics.

The first pic is of me at 273, this second on the right is at 251. I'm 246 now. Like I said, we'll get down to 227 and I'll go get a hydro measure. We'll see. He's adding in cardio very soon, right now it's just weights and MMA.

Also, I haven't really lost that much size, my trainer has dropped my calories by 20%. I fill out the next day after a cheat meal.

View attachment 154914

Looking at the 251 pictures you'd probably need to be around 180-190 to get close to single digits, assuming muscle mass stayed the same in a vacuum which wouldn't be possible. You'd need a serious cycle over the next couple months to get the muscle growth and fat burning you'd need to push single digits at 220.

Either way if your numbers are legit and free weights who cares, that's some serious business. I've self plateaued at 275 / 365 / 405 (bench/squat/dead) for the past year or so cause wife and I have a pretty busy and active life and I'm way fucking paranoid about injury as I get close to 40 years old. Not to mention to start pushing numbers would mean getting the diet on point and quieting drinking. Fuck all that shit.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't find the 400 video anywhere. This is 365 for three. I hit 400 the next week for a single.

SInce then, I've changed up my chest workout to start with incline. The top set is 315 for five (touching my chest and not bouncing). For real, moving heavy weights on flat bench doesn't add to v-taper. Inclines do. By the time I do flat bench, I'm down to 315 for 6-8, because my chest is already shot from the inclines.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking at the 251 pictures you'd probably need to be around 180-190 to get close to single digits, assuming muscle mass stayed the same in a vacuum which wouldn't be possible.

I think your numbers are low, and so does my trainer, who has a pro card and trains many athletes year round for bikini, fitness, physique and bodybuilding competitions. We'll see the results at the end of the recomp. I can tailor it as I go, this is a work in progress anyway. I never have a problem adding size and strength, but as my trainer says it, my diet is like my training. I train and eat like I'm smashing shit. My diet consisted of too many carbs when dieting, and my macro's were way off. My carbs were too high, and I would fix that by doing way too much cardio. I ate very little essential fats.

Also, I'd not consider a cycle. I'm well aware that guys at local competitions are running more gear than Dorian Yates did. I don't care if I look like shit next to them. This is for longevity.

I'm not going to be an asshole who passes a drug test, but took a banned substance. A few years back, I tried prohormones when they were legal and OTC. The drug free federations are pushing lifetime nattie status. I know plenty of people at the gym doing drug tested comps that talk about the cycles they are on. And you can't test Synthol, PMMA, Nolatil or whatever they are using as site enhancement.

My goal is to be moving these weights at a single digit BF%.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I can't find the 400 video anywhere. This is 365 for three. I hit 400 the next week for a single.

SInce then, I've changed up my chest workout to start with incline. The top set is 315 for five (touching my chest and not bouncing). For real, moving heavy weights on flat bench doesn't add to v-taper. Inclines do. By the time I do flat bench, I'm down to 315 for 6-8, because my chest is already shot from the inclines.

Not bad...

Not Bad.gif

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think you numbers are low, and so does my trainer, who has a pro card. We'll see the results at the end of the recomp. I can tailor it as I go, this is a work in progress anyway.

Maybe. Pushing single digits would be a fun goal for a short amount of time but everything I've read about sustaining single digits is that it's somewhat unhealthy and definitely miserable (lethargy ect). Bodybuilders do it for short periods and elite Olympic athletes for longer periods. Maybe i'm thinking in to 6-7 and lower area though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Was looking for comparisons and this video is really interesting (even though this is a nobody). All these guys using dexa scans (supposedly most accurate way to measure) and it's just all over the board compared to the looks. I gotta imagine margin for error is gigantic with even the best tests.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe. Pushing single digits would be a fun goal for a short amount of time but everything I've read about sustaining single digits is that it's somewhat unhealthy and definitely miserable (lethargy ect). Bodybuilders do it for short periods and elite Olympic athletes for longer periods. Maybe i'm thinking in to 6-7 and lower area though.

I've trained for mass and power my whole life. When I was 17, I promised myself that when I hit 40, I'd focus on cuts, since I'd be over the hill and not able to move any weight.

I'm stronger and bigger now than in my 20's.

When I say single digits, I mean a hair under 10%. I have looks like he could do a physique competition at all times. I know he's running clen and t3 all year. He has all sorts of problems running at sub 5%. You actually do need some fat for your brain and neurons. He also gets a fuckton of pussy, as he shows it off, but that's another story.

Last edited: