Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I follow a few people on IG who switched to that program and it looks like it worked really well for them. I dont have enough shit in my home gym for a lot of what the program calls for :( Really need to get some dumbbells

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it is because he has longish blond hair. And that's where the similarity/relation ends.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I follow a few people on IG who switched to that program and it looks like it worked really well for them. I dont have enough shit in my home gym for a lot of what the program calls for :( Really need to get some dumbbells
Kizen? I don't see any need for dumbbells as there's very little isolation work or even arm work. That aspect of it is left up to the user if they want to add in that extra work. Really all you need is a barbell.

I've stopped doing total AMRAPs and decided to cut the set at 8 (since that's the benchmark for progression to the next %) and I THINK it's helping. I pulled 82.5% yesterday 4x5, followed by the "AMRAP." Felt fucking light, the weight was flying off the ground ridiculously well.

I've also added a lot of arm work to the program because I've neglected them so long they need to catch up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Started going back to the gym mid November after a few years on and off (mostly off). After a month of taking it slow and working on some mobility issues and conditioning I started a 5/3/1 Full Body Template this week.

My legs are definitely a weak point for me right now so I want the extra leg work to get them into shape faster. Using an 85% training max I was doing my last squat set at 200x5 on Tuesday when I looked at the rack next to me and some 5'5" broad was doing 185x5 box squats. I think I saw her laughing at me. Feelsbadman.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Started going back to the gym mid November after a few years on and off (mostly off). After a month of taking it slow and working on some mobility issues and conditioning I started a 5/3/1 Full Body Template this week.

My legs are definitely a weak point for me right now so I want the extra leg work to get them into shape faster. Using an 85% training max I was doing my last squat set at 200x5 on Tuesday when I looked at the rack next to me and some 5'5" broad was doing 185x5 box squats. I think I saw her laughing at me. Feelsbadman.
Ignore the cunt.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

I can guarantee you she wasn't laughing at you. You're insecure and projecting it onto other people.

The only time I EVER pay attention to anyone else at the gym is when I see them doing something horrific. For instance, this one dude does every fucking exercise wrong. Squats? Drives through his calves peeling his heels off the ground. Deadlift? Looks like a fucking cat. Bench? Ass is literally a solid four inches off the bench. I hate him with a burning passion and I'm just waiting for the day he snaps the shit out of something. So unless you look like a giant moron, it's in your head. Just get some tunnel vision going and blast your legs. And if she stares at you again ask her if she wants to fuck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I can guarantee you she wasn't laughing at you. You're insecure and projecting it onto other people.

The only time I EVER pay attention to anyone else at the gym is when I see them doing something horrific. For instance, this one dude does every fucking exercise wrong. Squats? Drives through his calves peeling his heels off the ground. Deadlift? Looks like a fucking cat. Bench? Ass is literally a solid four inches off the bench. I hate him with a burning passion and I'm just waiting for the day he snaps the shit out of something. So unless you look like a giant moron, it's in your head. Just get some tunnel vision going and blast your legs. And if she stares at you again ask her if she wants to fuck.
This. I know I look like a goober after resetting and getting onto a program. 215ish tall, fit guy not even doing 2 plates on squat or 135 bench right now (even though I was doing 225x5 bench before). Rather focus on form and slowly build myself back up then blow out my butthole or back.

Most of the time people giving me looks are sone dumb mexicans quarter squating or doing some retarded shit lije ossoi posted while grunting and making a bunch of noise.

Give zero fucks.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Guys.... it was a joke. She wasn't even looking at me.

Thanks for being bros though.

giphy.gif

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes she was. She was looking at your gains. She wants to bang.

I say this to myself any time I see a girl glance my way. Guy too, actually.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users