Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My shoulder joints simply cannot stand behind the neck press or behind the neck pulldowns. Ouch.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you're using a barbell and you don't puff your chest out you'll be slamming the bar down on your head
As I said earlier, I learned to do it behind my head. I never did anywhere near 405 though. I think 225 is probably the most I ever even tried. Lean your head forward to keep from hitting it. If I remember correctly, the coaches were adamant about it being behind the head so we wouldn't get all bowed up and lose flexibility.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty easy way to destroy your shoulders and cause impingement. Your coaches were stupid.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
His shoulders look fine, but that pussy is about to get destroyed.

5bd6ae47b0557366e4550d3ebc7d0907.gif

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's also Klokov, who's one of the strongest motherfuckers around right now. He's doing, at most, a 285 pound push press (probably less, they look like 100-110 pounds). Shit, the dude has a press named after him; the Klokov press.

I also wanted to point out that I mentioned before that some people have the flexibility to do behind the neck. Klokov is freakishly flexible. He's the example of "big guys can still be flexible."

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I mentioned flexibility too. Also, that may be uncommon flexibility, but it's not freakish. Maintaining flexibility is the easiest part of a training regiment. The problem is people don't care about it because their ego makes them only care about throwing up as much weight as possible.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you even GET that flexible? I've never been flexible, even when I was playing three sports year round in high school.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
His shoulders look fine, but that pussy is about to get destroyed.

5bd6ae47b0557366e4550d3ebc7d0907.gif
You know there's a difference between push press and military press right? Oh ok.

And yes, let's use a genetic freak as an example. Completely comparable dude.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I know there's a difference, but how does that matter for what we're talking about? You said doing them behind the neck would destroy your shoulders. Period, end of story. Not that you could hurt yourself if you did them wrong (which is true of any lift AFAIK) but that the likelihood was high enough that doing them was stupid. This guy obviously practices it. I looked for a gif of someone doing behind the neck and chose that one because of the girls.

Easiest way to get super flexible is to start stretching when young and never stop. Kids are all pretty pliable and if you keep up even a minimal amount of stretching you won't lose it. When you start strength training you have to be disciplined and do exercises in such a way that they strain your flexibility. For instance the behind the neck press (since we're talking about it). It's too easy to decide that a certain way is better because you can lift more like that and ignore the exercises that will work those weaker muscle groups. I mean sure, if you're in a mine collapse and you have to lift a sagging timber so 40 men can scramble from a would be grave, you wanna do that shit with the big muscles in front. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't work it the other way with lighter weights too.

By the way, if I'm in a mine collapse, I want Big Bad Brahm there with me. I promise we'll make it back down with the jacks and timbers bro.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Today was the first day back since surgery. I thought about going hardcore this weekend, but then I read about guys that had complications for months. One more week of low-moderate intensity for me.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I brahma'd out yesterday and did military presses with 100lbs, baby. 3 sets of 10. Fuck yea. My dick was so hard.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looking to improve my diet and want to track my caloric intake and stats. What is the best tracker out there now? Mobile app integration desired but not required. I'm mostly just looking for an easy way to punch in what I ate and it tell me how far I am off my goals.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
MyFitnessPal was good, but I think they changed it where it doesn't show macros anymore unless you pay. I haven't used it in a year though, so no idea if that's true.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Myfitnesspal still shows macros in the free version. I don't like the new(ish) version of it though. It just feels so clunky now compared to what it was. It works well, but when you look up items, make sure you double check the nutrition information, as its mostly user submitted items. Sometimes its far from accurate

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
i used myfitnesspal too. Stopped sometime around october because I'm lazy. But I really liked how you could scan shit in if you had a barcode and if you have something you make all the time you can enter it once and use it again and again. I guess that's what they're calling macros, but I don't remember what MFP called it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The scanning shit is awesome though. If you eat something you don't normally eat (it won't be in your recently eaten items), you just scan it and bam, done.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know there's a difference, but how does that matter for what we're talking about? You said doing them behind the neck would destroy your shoulders. Period, end of story. Not that you could hurt yourself if you did them wrong (which is true of any lift AFAIK) but that the likelihood was high enough that doing them was stupid. This guy obviously practices it. I looked for a gif of someone doing behind the neck and chose that one because of the girls.
Because most people simply cannot handle a load behind their neck from an anatomical perspective. That's the point.