Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The point is if you're that fucking fat, you're benching what... 1.5x your body weight if that?

This dude is pulling 4.5x his bodyweight. That's impressive. Has nothing to do with body fat %. Some of the strongest men in the world are 20%+, but when they're pulling 1000 pounds then it becomes impressive.

You are comparing my lifts to someone considered to be pound-for-pound the strongest man alive in the world. Not a fair comparison.

Powerlifters train for raw power, and want to be as efficient as possible. I trained in a powerlifting gym, and those guys never hit more than four reps. There is a huge difference in being strong for a single, versus being able to do ten reps for a heavy weight. So again, it's not a fair comparison.

Case in point, Fred Hatfield can squat 855, but has smaller legs than Tom Platz, who did high reps with 500. Hell, Tom's legs look double the size of Fred's. And they were both taking PED's.

Fred-Hatfield-Tom-Platz.jpg

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of you guys haven't ever posted a video of yourself training, because you know you can't hang.

You might consider getting off your fat asses and getting some work in. You aren't hitting your goals sitting at your PC eating bon-bons, you hip-having motherfuckers.

Like CT Fletcher says, you are wearing house slippers while you are talking shit behind your keyboards.

I don't care what you think. You can sit in this thread talking shit all you want, I'll be putting my work in six days a week, like I have for years.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Go back and read this thread. I was very clear, my trainer believes I will be at 10% in the 220's. When I was 247, he told me I'd need to drop 40 pounds for a competition.

My tests are fine. When I was 273, my BP was 140/90ish, but at 244, last time i checked it was 126/73. My blood tests are perfectly fine.

It's easy to talk shit from behind a keyboard. But I'm pretty sure you were in here a few months bragging about how you were doing dumbbell rows with 50 pounds.

Nope, I am tall and skinny, if you stood face to face with me you'd be looking at my collarbones.

I have no desire or motivation to be strong. I'm lean and enough muscle, but I'm not big by any means. I am 6'2 190lbs.

You are a big and strong guy. Props for that. You are not lean or cut or anything else of the sort. I hope you get there, you've got a ton of muscle and you'd look beefy as shit.

As for your insults, I don't care. I am very happy with how I look, and I call over guys like you to move my furniture when I need to. I'm strong enough.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I remember correctly, Lyrical (who is this Shonuff guy?!?!?!?!!?) was getting pro lifting advice a few years back, when he was actively taking painkillers on the regular because his lifting was angering his joints. He also talked regularly about the "right" way to cycle roids and how all the people who didn't use them properly gave the "good" roiders a bad name, because the "good" roiders knew the risks and took all the proper precautions.

Basically, if anyone is ever referencing Lyrical, they should never, ever take any of his advice regarding the health aspects of lifting. The dude clearly didn't care about his physical health (had a trainer telling him he was losing x% a week but was still sporting love desks)

Big dudes can put up a shit-ton of weight. If literally the only goal is getting up lots of weight, then hey, follow the Lyrical plan of a mid-50s death due to shit health and even worse training advice. I mean hey, people gotta have goals, right?

Shonuff looks a bit thick, but not quite Lyrical 35%+ levels with "My trainer says I'm approaching 10%" type nonsense. 365 for a couple and then 400 max is pretty baller good for a 250+ guy. I'm only 170 and putting up 285; far cry from those numbers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've done enough cuts to the low teens, and seen enough other people do them, that I know people vastly underestimate their body fat. You always think "I'm just 10 or 15 pounds from being shredded." You drop 20 and still aren't where you thought you'd be.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I always thought my 73kg = 10% but after the dxa it was closer to 13%, and my wifi bio impedance scales were actually fairly close.

Let's not forget lyrical was advocating use of DNP, the drug that's some kind of industrial chemical that literally melts fat by cooking you from the inside out

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Some of you guys haven't ever posted a video of yourself training, because you know you can't hang.

You might consider getting off your fat asses and getting some work in. You aren't hitting your goals sitting at your PC eating bon-bons, you hip-having motherfuckers.

Like CT Fletcher says, you are wearing house slippers while you are talking shit behind your keyboards.

I don't care what you think. You can sit in this thread talking shit all you want, I'll be putting my work in six days a week, like I have for years.
I'm mocking you because you claimed to have shrunk 3 inches...so every other word you type is so suspect. Don't rage out because of the roids please.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I can't remember the last time my legs were jiggly post- or intra-workout. Soreness usually sets in after a day of playing basketball or tackle football, rarely ever from deadlifting/squatting at this point.

And I think you're underestimating how easy it is to be really fat and really strong Tuco. There's this Asian dude at my gym who doesn't squat or deadlift, only benches of the big three. He's probably 5'8 300 pounds and can bench 405 easily. But he's literally just a giant ball of fat. I've seen it time and time again. It's literally unimpressive to me. Even if Lyrical provided a video of him squatting 600... still unimpressed if he's 300 pounds doing it. That's a 2x body weight squat, which isn't difficult to hit.

But I'm just an elitist I guess.

405/600 @300 is unimpressive? Come on man. No matter how you put it, it's a ton of weight.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So back to me being a newbie: I did leg day yesterday, is it normal for my legs to feel like jelly after only my third set of squats? Or is that an indication of me being a pussy / doing them wrong / having a shit diet / whatever? Is it going to get easier even as I progress into higher weights?

Right now I'm doing three sets each of Dumbell squats, Dumbbell front squats and DB bulgarian split squats. I'm able to get through all three OK but with long rest periods, and am not sure if 9 sets total is enough volume?

No. This is absolutely normal bro. It will get easier with no wobble, but just a good pain. I'm not sure what your goal is, but just dump the dumbells this early. Use machines and use that smith machine until you feel comfortable enough to start regular squats.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
No. This is absolutely normal bro. It will get easier with no wobble, but just a good pain. I'm not sure what your goal is, but just dump the dumbells this early. Use machines and use that smith machine until you feel comfortable enough to start regular squats.
Don't use a smith machine, just go lighter and get acclimated. Try to find a cheap rack, bar and weights too if you can obviously.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks.

Right now my plan is to join a nearby powerhouse when I max out my squats/deadlifts on the dumbells I have, which go to 130lbs. It might be better to just switch early, but I want to see my plan through.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
405/600 @300 is unimpressive? Come on man. No matter how you put it, it's a ton of weight.

He's ~200 pulling 705. That's impressive.

I've already told you, I'm not impressed by fat shits putting up numbers even average powerlifters can put up. What the fuck is the point in being 300 pounds and being average in strength but a walking marshmallow? There's nothing impressive about it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Thanks.

Right now my plan is to join a nearby powerhouse when I max out my squats/deadlifts on the dumbells I have, which go to 130lbs. It might be better to just switch early, but I want to see my plan through.

I thought you were using DB's because of an injury. If you're not injured then there's no reason not to join a gym asap and start using a wider range of equipment and doing the big compound lifts - more bang for your buck for sure.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I've already told you, I'm not impressed by fat shits putting up numbers even average powerlifters can put up. What the fuck is the point in being 300 pounds and being average in strength but a walking marshmallow? There's nothing impressive about it.
I think there's a terminology disagreement on what impressive means here.

To me, if some weak chubby guy starts goes to the gym and progresses from 100lbs bench to 400lbs bench over a few years, but keeps all his fat, I'm impressed. The guy worked hard, fat or no, and can now move a tremendous amount of weight. I can respect the effort he put in and that he ostensibly achieved his goals.

Now, does he have an impressive physique? Not by my standards, or yours, and if I saw him on the street I wouldn't have much reason to think that he's anything but a big guy.

and I think your bar for being impressed is a lot higher than mine. To me an amateur lifter working hard and making gains is impressive in a sense of, "great work bro, you're really progressing and have reached an impressive level.", where as when you're linking world-class athletes like Richard Hawthorne, you being impressed is more, "Holy shit can I get your autograph on my lifting belt?"

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Will you stop with these one offs. That is not the norm. PLUS these guys are training 4-5+ hours a day with crazy diets, and MONEY spent that most of us here, nor even in power lifting circles guys don't care to spend to get to these levels. I almost guarantee that I am way stronger than everyone in this thread and most people in this thread know, and I find these numbers impressive that your rotund Asian guy is putting up regardless of weight. It's not a 1 to 1 correlation. Same with Lyrical. You're acting like pshhh...That's nothing. THIS is impressive, then show one of the strongest guys in the world based upon weight.

Using your logic...None of you at your 10% body fat are impressive. THIS is impressive!

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Will you stop with these one offs. That is not the norm. PLUS these guys are training 4-5+ hours a day with crazy diets, and MONEY spent that most of us here, nor even in power lifting circles guys don't care to spend to get to these levels. I almost guarantee that I am way stronger than everyone in this thread and most people in this thread know, and I find these numbers impressive that your rotund Asian guy is putting up regardless of weight. It's not a 1 to 1 correlation. Same with Lyrical. You're acting like pshhh...That's nothing. THIS is impressive, then show one of the strongest guys in the world based upon weight.

Using your logic...None of you at your 10% body fat are impressive. THIS is impressive!

I believe lyrical when he proves he actual shrunk 3 fucking inches. Until then, he is 100% lying out of his ass...

• 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Progressive scoliosis could be aggravated enough by his dick sucking to explain the lost three inches, but you'd be able to see a curve that substantial in his shirtless back-selfies.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf