Arrested Development

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just got done watching the first ep. Just as good as the first couple seasons so far.

That "Maybe" chick really grew up to be an unattractive dike tho. And the "Show stealer: Trial Version" gets old quick. But so far, so good.

Feels a little more dry to me than the first two seasons. I'm sure it will develop as the stories start to weave together, but I don't feel like it's worth running all night to watch (which I probably would have done if the first two episodes had grabbed me more).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who dislikes seeing an entire cast from a different show? So far I've seen 4+ of the workaholics cast in one ep, and 3+ of the Outsourced cast in another ep. Some chick made me watch a few eps of The Mindy Project and she tends to have the entire fucking auxilliary cast of The Office on her show. WTF is up with that?

Oh yeah, and what exactly IS that Trial Version watermark? Is that a joke, or did they somehow fuck up, and/or only have access to footage with that shit on it? I'm confused.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first episode, it seems like its trying way too hard. Didnt even chuckle

It's starting to come around a little in the 2nd Michael episode.

I think the real issue is the fact that AD was successful due to great writing *and* the ensemble cast; and with the scheduling issues, there were very few filming days where they could get enough of the cast together on the same set (at the same time) to continue the original magic. So what we're left with is great writing that was hindered by unavailable actors which ends up cutting a lot of what made the show so brilliant - each scene in the show that may have focused on two or three characters typically included two or three background jokes happening. I feel like the new episodes are missing a lot of that.

There's even one scene where you can see Henry Winkler was very poorly edited into a shot with George & Lucille (although perhaps the shitty edit was done intentionally).

Still, I loved the original, and it's nice to see some continuation of the characters/stories; I'll watch them all. Though I don't know if I'll be re-watching S4.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
It gets a lot better by the time it gets to the Lindsay and Tobias stories. The Tobias episode had me laughing a lot. Every comedian in Hollywood wants to be on this show apparently based on the amount of guess stars.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What's with the "Showstealer Pro Trial Version" on the old clips? Netflix couldn't afford the full version of video capture software?

p.s anustart lol

nuday

Golden Squire
The show is slowly picking up (I'm on episode 8). McCheese: the editing thing is a joke. It's a dig at Fox for not wanting to give rights to old clips.

McCheese

The show is slowly picking up (I'm on episode 8). McCheese: the editing thing is a joke. It's a dig at Fox for not wanting to give rights to old clips.
Ah, I see. I haven't followed any of the developments or issues in making this so I didn't get it.

Anyway, I didn't like the character-centric episodes at first, but I'm on episode 9 and they're starting to grow on me. I like how they're all intertwined. I can see myself watching the entire season again in order to catch all the background stuff going on that you don't notice the first time.

I'm 6 episodes in, and happy to read that you folks like the later stuff more. Lindsay's episode was hard to watch, because she didn't look like herself at all. She looked like a god damn Olsen Twin wearing a wig or something. Most of my the stuff I've chuckled at so far haven't even been real jokes, but simply callbacks to jokes from the first 3 seasons. Fingers crossed that I'll like it more after a few more episodes.

McCheese

I just finished the whole season. Overall I really enjoyed it, despite starting out slowly. Or is it slow? I feel like a horse's ass when I alternate between the two of them.

The intertwining story lines was really well done and it was fun to see everything gradually come together. There were lots of literal "lol" moments for me, the majority of which involved Tobias.

Regarding the ending:

wtf

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
very slow start with the laughs, but starting to find it's groove finally. reminds me of the transition from s1 to s2 of P&R

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the way they are all not together kind of sucks, but the way everything is tying together it pretty awesome. 8 episodes in and just the crazy amount of detail tying every moment to every other moment is a trip.

In the Tobias episode, when he was at his (real estate)agent's funeral, there was a line of mail trucks driving in the background of the cemetery. I just assumed that would pop up later but nothing yet.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
In the Tobias episode, when he was at his (real estate)agent's funeral, there was a line of mail trucks driving in the background of the cemetery. I just assumed that would pop up later but nothing yet.
That was a reference to the Micheal episode when the mailman died. That was like 4 episodes prior, I love the attention to detail with the intertwining of the stories lol