Arrow

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think I read/heard somewhere that Ras was ressed once in the comics after being burnt to ash and ejected into space by batman, so doing Sarah shouldn't be a problem.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The pits are every bit as weak or powerful as the writers need them to be for the plot. In Son of Batman, the pits can heal basically any injury but can't return the dead to life. They needed Ra's to die and stay dead, so in that continuity, the pits have that limitation. In Arrow, they needed them to be able to bring back the dead but with a drawback, so that's what they do. Now it seems like that drawback was fairly mild and Thea is more or less recovered, but she wasn't dead very long. Sara might go completely fucking nuts when she comes back.

Also, it seems likely that they will revisit whatever effect the pits had on Thea, the only question is will it be a throwaway single episode story, or a major subplot for part of a season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After 3 villains who had what they believed was a noble goal in mind, I'm ok with an evil for the sake of being evil villain.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sure, what could be more noble than vengeance for the woman he loved, and the woman that Ollie killed and then lied about? It's no less crazy than Ra's thinking the work of the League is noble.

Perhaps noble goal is too loaded of a term, but Merlyn, Slade, and Ra's all had a purpose, an end they felt justified any means. Sounds like Damien Dork will just want to fuck shit up for no other reason than because he's having a good time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sure, what could be more noble than vengeance for the woman he loved, and the woman that Ollie killed and then lied about? It's no less crazy than Ra's thinking the work of the League is noble.

Perhaps noble goal is too loaded of a term, but Merlyn, Slade, and Ra's all had a purpose, an end they felt justified any means. Sounds like Damien Dork will just want to fuck shit up for no other reason than because he's having a good time.
slade wasnt just out for revenge, i mean he fucking murdererd Oliver's mother right in front of him. if that didnt make them even stephens then there was never going to be a point where he was done. he had a team of superhuman criminals wreaking havoc across the citty murdering raping and pillaging. people who didnt know oliver or ever met him were being wrecked, slade was probably as close to pure evil as this show is likely ever to come to. this "pure evil" guy will have some big ass shoes to fill.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I see his point though. At least slade had a reason. Not only the death of shadow, but also because mirakuru drove him crazy, which wasn't his fault at all. I think the Dr on the island is a pretty good example of pure evil too, but even with him, he was looking for this miracle drug. Though I can't recall his reasons for wanting it.

He's obviously expecting this new villian to not have a reason. To be a bored rich kid or something. Psychopathic, but not driven to it by any hardships. I think we've had villians like that, but they were minor. If that's what he's thinking, I think he will be disappointed. It'll be way too hard to maintain that character as a main arch. At some point, Ollie is going to have to figure out what makes him tick so he can outsmart him and stop him. I think what they mean is that the new one won't have anything for us to be sympathetic about and won't have any sort of redemption arc. Like Merlin without the moments of humanity.

And of course, there's always the possibility that fans will like him and they'll merlin him anyway. Especially if it's a hot chick.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They already said who the villain will be. Damien Dork played by Neal McDonough, the guy who played Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America/Agent Carter and Lt Buck Compton in Band of Brothers.

He made a good villain in the Walking Tall remake, which wasn't exactly a masterpiece but still a fun movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They already said who the villain will be. Damien Dork played by Neal McDonough, the guy who played Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America/Agent Carter and Lt Buck Compton in Band of Brothers.

He made a good villain in the Walking Tall remake, which wasn't exactly a masterpiece but still a fun movie.
Justified, Season 3. McDonough as Robert Quarles was pretty great. Though he had the misfortune of being the big bad the season following Mags Bennett, no one was quite gonna live up to that.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
goodnewseveryone-professor_zpsd9f36e14.jpg

Matt Ryan will reprise his role as John Constantine in the upcoming season of Arrow, The CW announced today at the Television Critics Association. "It's a great one-shot episode," mentioned Mark Pedowitz during the CW's presentation.

Constantine, which ran for 13 episodes on NBC last season, became a cult favorite with a huge social media presence and a significant "Save our show" effort when it was announced that NBC wasn't ordering a back nine, or later a second season.

The CW was considered a "last hope" for Constantine to get a second-season pickup before the cast and crew's contracts lapsed earlier this summer. In the time since, fans have continued to press Arrow producers on the possibility of a crossover, and producers continue to say, essentially, that they hope they can make it happen but have no promises for anyone.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim had previously said that Constantine was considered as a potential "expert" they could have called upon during Season Three to give Oliver Queen the lowdown on the Lazarus Pit and other seemingly-mystical elements of Ra's al Ghul's mythology. While that never happened, magic and mysticism are themes that will be explored to a greater extent in Season Four.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im hoping the Constantine they write for Arrow is strong enough of a character to warrant the occasional visit. The CW wing of Warner Brothers seems to have their shit together.