Arrow

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's what the show turned him into and its lifting Batman plots left and right. The comic book Green Arrow was much more of a swashbuckler type, whereas this version is just a batman who lies a lot to his friends.

Column_sl

shitlord
In the Comics there was a title called Green Lantern/ Green Arrow.

I really think at this point no one gives a shit about the street level shit anymore, and they should just make Diggle a green lantern. Change the show to both of them, and you got another hit.

There is 52 earths afterall.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Hal Jordan and Ollie run was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. Hal was powerful, but basically a humorless dick and he needed Oliver to balance out his personality. It was arguably one of the better DC comics of the late 70s early 80s.

Anyhow, this season really tanked the show for me. They turned Felicity, the most likable character in the entire franchise, into a dumb love struck whore (like her mom I guess) and had way to much CW style angst bullshit in it. The only parts of the season I enjoyed were watching Ras buttfuck Oliver repeatedly. The irony here is that all Ras had to do to really blow up his life is tell people the truth, something Oliver is completely incapable of doing. Acting is getting super bad and the team arrow thing too campy. If you want to be light hearted and campy, see the Flash for how to pull that off. Street level stuff can be interesting, but it needs to be small and focused with an effort to be realistic. Also, the acting has to be MUCH better, which is why I personally prefer Daredevil is superior to this show in a lot of ways. Honestly, when the main motivations for me to watch are for Flash teasers and seeing the (much more likable) villain push Arrows shit in, the show is fucked. No one wanted Smallville 2.0.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just finished Season 3 of the arrow and am about to start on Daredevil, is this true?
Matter of opinion, but watching all of DD before this season made this season of Arrow almost unwatchable for the wife and I. Ras Al Ghul is really the only redeeming part of it, but Fisk was handled just as well in DD S1. It comes down to how much camp and angst you want out of your comic book adaptations.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Daredevil was vastly better than this season of Arrow, and arguably as good as the first two seasons in different ways.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah Hal Jordan and Ollie run was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. Hal was powerful, but basically a humorless dick and he needed Oliver to balance out his personality. It was arguably one of the better DC comics of the late 70s early 80s.

Anyhow, this season really tanked the show for me. They turned Felicity, the most likable character in the entire franchise, into a dumb love struck whore (like her mom I guess) and had way to much CW style angst bullshit in it. The only parts of the season I enjoyed were watching Ras buttfuck Oliver repeatedly. The irony here is that all Ras had to do to really blow up his life is tell people the truth, something Oliver is completely incapable of doing. Acting is getting super bad and the team arrow thing too campy. If you want to be light hearted and campy, see the Flash for how to pull that off. Street level stuff can be interesting, but it needs to be small and focused with an effort to be realistic. Also, the acting has to be MUCH better, which is why I personally prefer Daredevil is superior to this show in a lot of ways. Honestly, when the main motivations for me to watch are for Flash teasers and seeing the (much more likable) villain push Arrows shit in, the show is fucked. No one wanted Smallville 2.0.
exaggerate much? outside of felicity weeping every minute this was an awesome season. i even loved the flashbacks. next season ollie heads to coast city and we get more and more crossover episodes. cant wait.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Agree that Darebevil was better than this last season of Arrow but not as good as flash. Was a stuggle to watch Arrow a lot of the season and mainly did for Flash reverences and crossovers. Felicity sucks, Atom wasnt even Atom, lots of mess ups like Oliver surviving Ras without Pit, flashbacks should have stopped ect

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'd like to see Arrow go back to Oliver protecting his city (whether that be Starling or, in the next city, Coast City) rather than these globe-trotting shenanigans involving the League of Assassins and Nanda Parbat. I really liked the Brick story arc this past season, as that's the kind of crime that he and his team should be fighting.

Column_sl

shitlord
Arrow confirmed as Green Arrow now with new suit

rrr_img_103296.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See, this is why the Starling City police can't arrest me. All their warrants are for 'The Arrow' not for 'Green Arrow'

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really like that Stephen Amell genuinely seems to enjoy playing the character and being a superhero. From what I've seen of his social media activity, he seems like a pretty cool dude.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious how they write themselves out of the hole they jumped into when they had Ollie get publicly outed as the Arrow. Even with Roy taking the blame and faking his death, the moment someone puts the hood on and fights crime again, Ollie will be suspect #1. Unless they're planning to have him spend the next season coaching Speedy, Canary, and Diggle and only putting the hood back on himself in dire circumstances (meaning the mid-season finale and the season finale)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
haven't you heard, hes not gonna be the Arrow, hes gonna be theGreen Arrow, thats totally different man
Yes, I believe I already made that joke about 4 posts up.

I was seriously asking how they're going to dig themselves out of the 'everyone knows Ollie is the bow and arrow armed vigilante' hole.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Perhaps in the light of terrible things happening plus stuff like an interdimensional wormhole over Central City and the emergence of metahumans all over they no longer care?