Arrow

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stupid shit with the Felicity romance side. Pointless side stories are pointless, the dude's already got 3 chicks fawning over him, does he really need another (that can't even come close to competing)?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why, she's a shitty character, played by a shitty actress that is mediocre compared to every other actress on the show. Including his mom.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Stupid shit with the Felicity romance side. Pointless side stories are pointless, the dude's already got 3 chicks fawning over him, does he really need another (that can't even come close to competing)?
3?double that i must say....shado,laurel,sarah,huntress,felicity, and that cop chick,McKenna.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This was mentioned in the Almost Human thread about the second episode, and I just don't get it. There are still very few shows that are going to be story episode after story episode forever and ever. And some of those aren't even very good. Technically The Walking Dead is the type of show everyone seems to want in terms of continuous story episodes, and we all know how horrible most of those episodes are. And boring when the setting never changes. It might not work for a show like that to have random episodes as much, but for a show based on a comic book hero? That's what comic books are!

I just don't understand when people watch a perfectly entertaining episode and then say it sucks because it didn't advance the overall plot any. Not every show is made to be that way, and they don't need to be. Hell, most of the first season of Arrow were just random episodes loosely tied together by the fact that all of the names were in his dad's book. That's enough for me, and it was apparently enough for everyone else. I was happy to see Diggle get a little more time because he's awesome, who cares if it didn't really advance the overall plot?

Speaking of, someone explain to me what exactly the overall plot is. Is it facing Ras Al Ghul (sp)? Is it turning Laurel's and the city's opinion of him around? Is it saving his company from bankruptcy and hostile takeover? Is it saving the city from Brother Blood's eventual shenanigans? Is it saving his mother from the electric chair? I want to know so that I can decide which episodes to hate in the future.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I know you're kind of joking about figuring out the overall plot, but that is one thing I dislike about the second season compared with the first. I really enjoyed the fact that Oliver had a goal in the first season and he was working towards crossing off the names in his dad's book. Now that's gone and he's just kind of drifting aimlessly and fighting crime. I don't mean it's bad, because it's not, but I am kind of curious what the over arching plot is. Like you said, they've hinted at tons of stuff for the long term but so far none of it has really solidified into a solid season 2 plot line.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Season 2 is vague but i think its helping undo merlyn's damage. that means bringing back the glade and freeing his mom. What else could it be? I mean, besides banging every hot chick within a 30 mile radius.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Just spotted on twitter that Katrina Law is joining the cast. I guess we can call this show Arrow: Spartacus of Starling City. First Manu Bennett, then Cynthia Addai Robinson, and now Katrina.

Tonight's episode was the kitties titties by the way. Called that shit from a mile away. but how did Ollie injure his arm? I must have missed it or it was an injury from a previous episode.

Also, is anyone else having a hard time posting? every time i go to post i get the same "token has expired, please refresh window" and refreshing doesnt work. I have to go back to the forum and click the thread link. .

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its wednesday night, Arrow happened, it fucking rocked the socks off all other broadcast TV. nothing new to say. some questions, who was that convict the count freed? the injured buddy of oliver on the island has mud packed on half his face so it looks like the mask that one dude had. is that an indication of something?

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
how did Ollie injure his arm? I must have missed it or it was an injury from a previous episode.
Nah, he got shot. Can't remember if it was when he was going after the D.A. or Felicity, but it was one of the two.

who was that convict the count freed?
The Dollmaker.

the injured buddy of oliver on the island has mud packed on half his face so it looks like the mask that one dude had. is that an indication of something?
Slade. He's Deathstroke, who in the comics was a bad dude. In season 1 Slade was sent to the island to get Yao Fei and his former partner, Bill Wintergreen (the guy in the black and white mask, though they both used those masks while on operations to hide their identities). Bill switched sides, Slade killed him.

I get the feeling that since Slade got mortared in the face that this is his slide to becoming Deathstroke. In last night's episode they asked if the supersoldier serum on the Jap sub would heal him, and Sarah seemed to think so. I get the feeling that they're going to give him the serum to save his life and it's going to turn him into Deathstoke, a bad guy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, he got shot. Can't remember if it was when he was going after the D.A. or Felicity, but it was one of the two.

The Dollmaker.

Slade. He's Deathstroke, who in the comics was a bad dude. In season 1 Slade was sent to the island to get Yao Fei and his former partner, Bill Wintergreen (the guy in the black and white mask, though they both used those masks while on operations to hide their identities). Bill switched sides, Slade killed him.

I get the feeling that since Slade got mortared in the face that this is his slide to becoming Deathstroke. In last night's episode they asked if the supersoldier serum on the Jap sub would heal him, and Sarah seemed to think so. I get the feeling that they're going to give him the serum to save his life and it's going to turn him into Deathstoke, a bad guy.
ahh, badass. pretty sure ollie got injured when the count shot at him.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm betting that they use the japanese super soldier serum on Slade and voila becomes Deathstroke.

Despite the very graphic depiction in the episode I have a feeling this is not the end of Count Vertigo. Especially in a series with both Ras al Ghul and Brother Blood romping around.

Isn't next episode the one where Barry Allen first shows up?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea, I thought it was during that, must have missed his reaction to it.

Spoiler that shit. Someone might get butthurt and I dont need this thread getting the Nazi treatment GOT thread got.
its perfectly fine once the show aired, people who still havent seen the show should know better.