Asheron's Call 2, Brand New Server Dawnsong Turbine bringing back!

Mick

<Gold Donor>
http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

Greetings!

Asheron?s Call 2 has returned! We have opened up a new server for anyone who has an active Asheron?s Call subscription to play Asheron?s Call 2 for free! Although we would have loved to revisit some of our old characters with you, we were not able to bring over any of your old characters. We do, however, present this new Asheron?s Call 2 server, Dawnsong, to all active Asheron?s Call players with a paid subscription or who purchase an ACTD retail key and subscribe.

What does this mean to you?

Below is a link to the Asheron?s Call 2 client installer so you may get the game up and running. This will provide access to the new Dawnsong server. Although the server has passed our initial tests, we have a lot of monitoring and tweaking to do to the game environment and we want to ensure that our players understand that. This game service will be provided as a beta for all players with an active Asheron?s Call account. That said, the game server is currently up and running. So join us for a nostalgic trip back to a Dereth where the golden age was not interrupted.

If you are an active paid AC1 subscriber there will be no need to create a new account for Asheron?s Call 2; you will simply log into the Asheron?s Call 2 game using your current Asheron?s Call credentials.

Please note that this is a beta, the environment might have some known issues that we will be working on. The friend?s list functionality, for example, will not be available when this new server goes into beta. As can happen during a beta release, the server might be taken down for maintenance or troubleshooting at some inconvenient times if deemed necessary. See you in game!

http://ac.turbine.com/clientdl/ac2/AC2Install.zip

Sev~

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...herons-call-2/

Well this is one story we never thought we'd be writing: Asheron's Call 2 is coming back from the dead. No, really! Turbine announced the return of the long-dormant title, which will be on a brand-new server called Dawnsong. The studio also provided a link to download the old client.

There are a few caveats that come with this MMO resurrection. You have to be an active subscriber to Asheron's Call to take advantage of the AC2 server, and the game is currently in beta status, so there might be a few hiccups as Turbine figures things out.

Asheron's Call 2 came out in 2002 and was closed in 2005. Our Game Archaeologist column has a great retrospective to bring you up to speed if you're unfamiliar with this short-lived MMO

Don't know even what to say, Yes like every Western MMO, before that just about every Mud, did alphas and almost all betas and played.

Played this back in the Day, had some Fun but was to Busy in UO,eq1 and daoc etc.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's absolutely something I'd never expect to see - maybe the apocalypse really is nigh after all.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Can Mod move and Merge this with the other Thread please.

I was so fucking shocked to see this posted but their 2 threads, so please Merge.

ty to Drae or the Mod that Merged them.

Also that used my title for the Thread, as it lets old players know their be brand new server Dawnsong for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember playing this when it came out. It was actually pretty good and IIRC the graphics were fairly decent for its time. Would play, but not subscribing to AC1

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I remember playing this when it came out. It was actually pretty good and IIRC the graphics were fairly decent for its time. Would play, but not subscribing to AC1
I think your memory is playing tricks on you. The graphics were good for the time but the game needed at least a year's more work. Large parts of the world were full of invisible obstacles and the dungeons were almost entirely rubbish, when not bugged. Levelling speed and class balance were *way* off although it did have one of the most fun and OP classes I've played the Feral Intendent, which had not one, not two, but three attacks which converted damage done to health and mana. If you could hit something that didn't one-shot you you were practically unkillable.

Krag

Peasant
I think your memory is playing tricks on you. The graphics were good for the time but the game needed at least a year's more work. Large parts of the world were full of invisible obstacles and the dungeons were almost entirely rubbish, when not bugged. Levelling speed and class balance were *way* off although it did have one of the most fun and OP classes I've played the Feral Intendent, which had not one, not two, but three attacks which converted damage done to health and mana. If you could hit something that didn't one-shot you you were practically unkillable.
Yeah... but like, Lugians!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
All I remember is when I played it was there were no npcs to interact with like towns or even rag tag settlements and you converted items to gold in inventory. It looked like they populated a world with monsters and didn't bother to do anything else. Obviously I didn't play long there were far better games out at the time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I remember the game's water looked amazing at the time, and if you jumped into water from a high point your char would do a dive animation. Shit was unreal at the time.

Don't think I played the game more than 5mins though, and I played AC1 for months, maybe over a year I don't remember.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
. You have to be an active subscriber to Asheron's Call to take advantage of the AC2 server, and the game is currently in beta status, so there might be a few hiccups as Turbine figures things out.
How retarded is Turbine? IIRC, A big reasons AC2 failed is that they marketed mainly to AC1 players who it turns out didn't want to play the game since it wasn't world PvP (like AC1). So now they're re-opening the game to.... AC1 players only?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
IF they are bringing back old MMOs, someone needs to resurrect Earth and Beyond. That was the shit.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yup, AC2 has returned or at least one server for now.

Turbine Forums, AC2 returns

Rolled a Lugian and hit level 7 before posting this.

You basically just need to pay $9.99 for AC1 to be able to play AC2, first month is free.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Damage Inc AC2 stream

I streamed about an hour of me playing AC2 tonight with a guildmate. Go to about the 7 minute mark, as I was going between a human and Lugian and that's when I just played the Lugian. Sorry forgot I had my mic muted on X-Split so you only here the guy I'm playing with.

We ran around close to Arwic at first just killing mobs then down to a level 8 open world dungeon at the end of the stream.