Asheron's Call 2, Brand New Server Dawnsong Turbine bringing back!

bayr_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, I was positive 2014 was the end for AC when the trial disappeared, it just felt like they were done with the game.

AC was my first MMO too, my dad wouldn't buy me Everquest when it came out (he bought me Baldur's Gate 1 instead, which was maybe even more awesome), but then I got into the AC beta one summer and I just had to have it.

To this day the allegiance dynamic is something I've never experienced in other games. You really made friends and worked together because you benefited from everyone else succeeding, basically.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Oh the spell discovery system, which, the internet being what it is became nothing more than a gimmick, was a cool idea. I was a fist weapon-using mage and the world could be traveled from one end to the next. I hated the zone system in EQ because I played AC first and was used to that freedom. Bumping into a zone wall was just weird.

Crazily

N00b
I rre-sub to this game about once every 2 years for a month or two....it's fun to run around and visit that world again. I still have gear that that has inscriptions/signatures from 2001.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
So what the hell is Turbine cooking up that they aren't talking about? I know they have LOTRO and DDO, but they have to have many more people working on something else right?

bayr_sl

shitlord
The last time I really played was when the Verdantine server launched, which still seems relatively recent to me, even though it will be 10 years ago this summer. I can vividly recall hitting up the Glenden Wood prison with some people. I have trouble wrapping my head around that because it was before WoW launched, since I went on to play WoW with people I joined Verdantine with, and I considered AC old even at that point. God Asheron's Call is ancient. I feel so old right now.

My first account is long gone unless my name Zone ID name comes to me in a dream or something, which is unlikely. I can't wait until people can host AC servers

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh man AC2.

Basically if you wanna see what WoW was based on then feel free to play this game, because every new and interesting idea that wow at release had was ripped directly from AC2. Its too bad that they didn't just cut/paste the AC2 classes into WoW cus they were awesomer. tactician is the coolest class ever made btw.

Or alternatively, if you want to see what WoW would have looked like if they had released it in a pre-alpha stage with no NPCs or level 35+ content and the only thing you could do was kill mobs, run instanced dungeons, and use zone chat then play this game too.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So what the hell is Turbine cooking up that they aren't talking about? I know they have LOTRO and DDO, but they have to have many more people working on something else right?
They just fired a bunch of people so probably flying into a building.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
My best and only memory of this game was /gokart.

And paying for a 1 month sub to some website to get beta access.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember how powerful the quest armor was before they nerfed it. Sold my suit for $500.00 right after the nerf, which still amazes me to this day.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
To this day the allegiance dynamic is something I've never experienced in other games. You really made friends and worked together because you benefited from everyone else succeeding, basically.
It really amazes me that nobody has copied this yet. This must have added a lot to the game's longevity, because an experienced player actually had an incentive to help out a newbie and get them started in the game.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
As Hachima said.. Bring back Auto Assault.
frown.png

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
oh man AC2.

Basically if you wanna see what WoW was based on then feel free to play this game, because every new and interesting idea that wow at release had was ripped directly from AC2. Its too bad that they didn't just cut/paste the AC2 classes into WoW cus they were awesomer. tactician is the coolest class ever made btw.

Or alternatively, if you want to see what WoW would have looked like if they had released it in a pre-alpha stage with no NPCs or level 35+ content and the only thing you could do was kill mobs, run instanced dungeons, and use zone chat then play this game too.
Ac2 had all kinds of issues but it is still easily in my top 5 mmogs of all time.

I was in a guild with a couple wow developers who I used to exploit kill dragons with and they would talk about the game they were working on.

My biggest issue with turbine is the way they handled exploiting, which means they didn't. I was one of the first people on my server to fifty and used to run guildies through one of the weeklies. I would go collect these books from a pvp zone and then could place the books in the instance to stop the boss mob from getting in melee range and then the raid would just range them down.

I would also just kill dragons for loot because you could get them stuck on rocks and kill them. Just to be clear I don't normally exploit in games and am very much in favor of stern penalties. However turbine had long established that they would literally do nothing about exploiting. Be it punishing players or fixing the bugs. At some point I just snapped and said screw it, and joined in.

Ac2 had some great quests, classes and mobs. I had a lot of fun for the time I played it, even outside the exploiting.