Ashes of Creation

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I find it to be a pretty stupid idea and not really worthy of any development time this early on.
This is exactly the sort of system they're going to spend early dev time on because its only purpose is to milk players of more money.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am cancelling my $40 backing now. Not because I don't like the direction they want to go but all of these development avenues are basically pet projects for MMOs that are already up ad running.

they absolutely need to spend every ounce of their effort on fine tuning the core systems of the game. Not showing this monster coin bullshit.

They SHOULD be going over the core elements of their tradeskill systems that supposedly defines the node system and all that shit. That's what we need to be seeing. Get your shit together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
They just hired Akil Hooper and Kevin McPherson.. Akil was Creative Director for a little while on EQ/EQ2 and is an INCREDIBLY talented guy.. McP is just a coding wizard.. So much of the good in the PS2 and H1Z1 engine came from McP..

These are both very very good hires IMO.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Glad to see 3 million. Means they don't need my money and I can wait to see if it actually launches six years from now to give them anything.

Although I do feel like I'm really missing out on an MMO experience since I didn't back Star Citizen, and this seems like the next best way to get that immersive bilked-out-of-your-money experience.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
They just hired Akil Hooper and Kevin McPherson.. Akil was Creative Director for a little while on EQ/EQ2 and is an INCREDIBLY talented guy.. McP is just a coding wizard.. So much of the good in the PS2 and H1Z1 engine came from McP..

These are both very very good hires IMO.
I'm not exactly itching to get back into game development but the Ashes team definitely has a lot of people I'd love to work with again. I hope the game turns out cool, too!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats a pretty pointless article. People know that its a game in development and that their money could be at risk. The referral thing seems to be a big deal to people, but I think its a brilliant way of marketing and paying out very little of whats earned.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm not exactly itching to get back into game development but the Ashes team definitely has a lot of people I'd love to work with again. I hope the game turns out cool, too!

I'm in the same boat. I'm giving this UAV gig a few years to build up a nest egg, and then I'm going looking for options.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I enjoy that they're wording this like an opportunity, not "We haven't fleeced you all out of the maximum amount of available cash yet."

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The greasier the shit, the easier it goes up in flames.

Those are the only ashes I expect to be created by this venture.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Eh, whatever. They're hardly the first ones to do the whole "slacker backer" thing--Obsidian with Pillars 2 being the last one that comes to mind.

Granted, I don't drop money on kickstarters anyway, so I don't really have a horse in that particular race.

I'm calling bullshit on the "he hates P2W" thing. We're talking about Sorcerer from ArcheAge, right? This dude bought Thunderstruck Trees from my guild for $40 a pop... in ALPHA. You know, the stuff that was going to be wiped. The dude has zero problem with RMT. If it can't be done through the game's shop, he'll do it through PlayerAuctions.

I caught wind of this from when one of the Rekz guildies mentioned this in passing and decided to pass through to see what was being said.

This is the same fucking guy. Guy got thrashed so hard in ArcheAge that he had to go make his own MMO.

EDIT: Just remember. When it comes time to oppose whatever bullshit he's going to be hiding behind, you may in fact be a terrorist.

Raign

Golden Squire

Be interesting to see what kind of feedback this gets coming out of Pax. Alpha starting in December seems staggeringly fast for anything but the most wispy of vapourware given they only started dev last year and are running with a pretty lean studio.

• 1Like

Fordrynn

N00b
Those graphics are amazing. What can I say, this guy sold me. Game looks awesome. I wont play if the server caps are 40-70 people.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The timing bar thing for abilities seems really wanky and a horrible design choice.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reminded me of "I Am Setsuna" or w/e, where when the bar was full, you could get a bonus out of it. But this is a little more ADD in the bad way. Not only is it the Moonkin Druid from WoD, but its on every single class. I seriously hope it doesnt go live with it like that, or at all.