Ashes of Creation

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This game doesn’t look half bad. I like the class list. Has some potential.

Really the first thing I noticed. I really like the class list. Probably one of the better I have seen in a recent MMO. Still not sure what I think about this game though.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Really the first thing I noticed. I really like the class list. Probably one of the better I have seen in a recent MMO. Still not sure what I think about this game though.
It's got potential, especially if they can make the node system really meaningful and not just static path where this node becomes this when X happens and people just find the nodes with the best static progression paths.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Few things...

First, I swear we had a Leif posting here at one point. But it may just be a common avatar name. Never can tell here.

Second, this games development is moving fast as fk. If I was a developer seeing this, I would be asking "How can I make my team this good, this fast?"

Third, I really enjoy the videos. They show off great art assets, wonderfully thought out environments, cool looking common_npc's, and great spell effects. But again, I have yet to see any depth to this game. I really dont feel like combat has very much depth either. Does anyone else feel like its just really pretty, but basic? (so far)

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They started development a year before the KS if i remember correctly, but even with that these guys seem to be knocking it out.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Yeah this is moving near the top of my list, even with the PvP (I feel dirty for even saying that).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This shit looks fabulous.

I agree so many of the MMO that are lurking to market are sort of okay but not spectacular graphic wise. That looks hella pretty. With the interesting class list if they can actually get this to market I will probably give it a twirl.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
He doesn't need a P2W shop, just needs to set up another MLM business to pay for his pet project.

Dreaderus

Trakanon Raider
Was the mage shooting bows with steel armor just placeholder?

Looks fun just not sure how deep it would end up being.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Curious to hear @Elidroth 's take on these guys and the project given the former SoE/Daybreak connections.

The concepts look good, but I'm definitely jaded from the seemingly endless number of other over-promised, under-delivered MMO's promising to "change the industry".

Edit: Saw Elidroth's posts about some of the new hires etc back in July. Taking bets on what comes out first...this or Pantheon...

Last edited:

norp

Bronze Squire
I'm sure this game will do just as well as all of the other games that were going to be the next big thing. Just face it, no one is going to beat the Walmart of MMOs anytime soon. It's going to take way more innovation than something like this imo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure this game will do just as well as all of the other games that were going to be the next big thing. Just face it, no one is going to beat the Walmart of MMOs anytime soon. It's going to take way more innovation than something like this imo.

Hell, they'd probably be happy to do as well as most of those games. Running profitably years later? This came out of nowhere and you are comparing it to big budget giants. That's impressive. People are once again craving something new and this is the best of that bunch so far. No one needs to beat WoW for great success but this looks like what Curt Schilling wanted his game to be.

Raign

Golden Squire
Seriously have to give them credit on their environments though, they look even better than BDO. Watching some of other streams the combat looks choppy, floaty and shitty, but it is early days. Who knows, if they can actually figure that part of the equation out, it might actually be worth playing.