Ashes of Creation

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm sure this game will do just as well as all of the other games that were going to be the next big thing. Just face it, no one is going to beat the Walmart of MMOs anytime soon. It's going to take way more innovation than something like this imo.

A game doesn't have to beat WoW in order to be successful.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
That dungeon looks huge and multi layered. The art design is also very cool. I’m getting more excited for this game with each passing update.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

"Boss, we got a problem. All the mobs keep clipping through all the different layers of geometry. What do we do?" "MAKE EVERYTHING A GHOST!"

No seriously, the dungeon is very cool looking. I get this really weird feeling that fighting stuff in the place is going to be annoying as fk though.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
"Boss, we got a problem. All the mobs keep clipping through all the different layers of geometry. What do we do?" "MAKE EVERYTHING A GHOST!"

No seriously, the dungeon is very cool looking. I get this really weird feeling that fighting stuff in the place is going to be annoying as fk though.

I can't wait to aggro the bottom from the top, like in Vanilla Gnomer.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They are having a presentation at PAX East on Friday which I hope to attend (lines willing). I am hopeful that between this and McQuaid's game that there is something that will carry us forward...

I still fear after WildStar's meteoric collapse that we are doomed to a prolonged dark age.

• 1Like

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
PAX East Gameplay. Ranger tracking utility skill shown at 8:15

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Went to the panel discussion. The team seems very driven and would appear to have the necessary skills to get the job done. The actual Alpha 1 won't be until late fall so they have quite a lot of time despite having a pretty stable build on the show floor.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Dude mounting and riding the horse starting at 2:11 is kind of a hilarious bug.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Will that game have different server types, including RP servers for adults?

From what they have said I don't think they want to impose any particular 'rule set' to a given server but instead want the community to live and breathe on its own. It is interesting how much of the EverQuest Next ideas about self-determined areas and dynamic changes to the world have been folded into the Node system.

IMG_20180406_144114.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The node system definitely sounds like a huge step forward from the complete standstill we're seeing since WoW launched. But the online community has taken quite many steps backwards and I don't feel like filling a 1000 people ignore list.

• 2Solidarity

Raign

Golden Squire
I like what they are saying, but even more than that, I love their passion as a team. They honestly seem to give a shit about the community. That said, I think 64 classes in a pvp heavy game is going to be an utter shit show from a balance perspective. I really hope they have a slow progression, because otherwise it is going to turn into yet another game where every balance pass everyone rerolls the FOTM class for pvp and only pulls out the others for some dungeon / gear grinding.

It should be a great game for some salty tears though - all the pve people spending months to buy their tavern only to have a PRX or Goon Squad roll into town and melt the city. The question isn't if this game will cater to all types of gamers, but rather how long will they try before they split servers etc.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be seriously bummed out if this is yet another heavy PVP game so their customers are also their content, so they have to put in less effort.

• 2Solidarity

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If EQ released today they’d use the same pay to win pricing models as everyone else. In fact, in retrospect, they probably lament just how bad their flat price model was.

I’m not sure why having some cool props and being able to speak aggressively about your game makes it interesting. All I’ve heard for 10 years is great ideas never implemented. But maybe this will be the one...cause reasons.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The game ideas still look interesting, but the whole pvp/siege stuff means it's a pass for me.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I really hope they have a slow progression, because otherwise it is going to turn into yet another game where every balance pass everyone rerolls the FOTM class for pvp

Will this game be like every other PVP MMO and have the obligatory OP invisible class? You know, the one with 14 different stuns, two 30 second saps that don't break invis but is great for harassment. Complete with vanish on a quick cooldown in case they actually start to lose the fight they pick?

I admit my PVP Jimmies have been ruffled after years of abuse in DAOC, Warhammer Online, WoW and even Rift among others. /Rant off

That said, this looks decent, and we definitely need a new MMO to stop this TLE & Fresh Start server trend :p