Ashes of Creation

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep. If you've got the goods, why wouldn't you show them off? Game looks fantastic, mainly in that it looks very playable which is a far cry from it's competition right now. It does look a lot like previous WoW type games and I'm sure it will have it's share of problems but with COVID and the dearth of quality MMO games on the horizon, this has the chance to explode. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I feel like your expectations on the release date are vastly off. Or you have an extremely dark outlook on how long COVID19 is going to last. Hopefully, for my own sake, you just thought the game was releasing in 2020.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
Bonus 1 hour live Game play stream announced for Saturday,May 30, @1:00 pm PDT on twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
  1. You could press Z to enable crosshair for action combat. Or disable it to use tab target. Single body hitboxes regardless of action/tab target. No headshots.
  2. All UI was overhauled and was incredibly pleasing, even for a pre-alpha. The former Blizzard UI designer did a great job.
  3. Dying resulted in EXP debt (Not to be confused with EXP loss). EXP debt meant you needed to get rid of your debt before your EXP bar would progress further.

personal highlights from the document. Some genuine playable shit going on here.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That last one is weird. Maybe I am having a brain fart but an exp debt is no different from an exp loss?

if I die and lose 50 exp, how is that different from dying and I have to gain 50 exp before being out of the "hole" and earning again?

Xerge

<Donor>
I get some kind of negative rested experience vibe from it. Almost like a soft barrier from earning exp. after death? Given alpha I feel it's something they'll tweak over time.

Hosix

All labs matter!
EXP debt was in EQOA. I liked how it worked for some reason. I guess it’s better cause you don’t see your exp go poof.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That last one is weird. Maybe I am having a brain fart but an exp debt is no different from an exp loss?

if I die and lose 50 exp, how is that different from dying and I have to gain 50 exp before being out of the "hole" and earning again?

In a lot of situations its the same and mostly a perception thing, but with this you can't lose levels while still having consequences for dying immediately after leveling

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In a lot of situations its the same and mostly a perception thing, but with this you can't lose levels while still having consequences for dying immediately after leveling

Duh I completely forgot about that, yeah thats one good thing for it . Losing levels was never fun really.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
live stream cancelled due to technical issues. This was posted to take its place.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks decent. My only concern is having the fast paced combat wear you out in a long play session. Watching that made my brain go into fps mode and not mmo mode.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually this looks very nice. Housing and mounts already in the game. Game play looks pretty good. Will have to see how annoying all the spell graphics get.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I really like what I'm seeing so far, both in visual and gameplay.

It looks very flashy though, I hope they have options to lower particle effects because it could get annoying.

The little I saw, it looks like the time to kill is fairly long, and game looks challenging although that's hard to judge, they might be underlevel for what they are showing.

Octave

Trakanon Raider
Looks like EQII upgraded.

The visual style, particle effects, player animations all seem to have basis there. The combat also feels super similar - especially in terms of pacing and spamming abilities.

Not terrible - EQII was fun. I wonder if it'll last beyond the first month of release, though.

Having flying dragon mounts in alpha isn't a good sign for the sort of visual inflation we see in most MMOs today. Everyone having angel wings and flaming auras that they bought in the cosmetics shop looks super cheesy.