Ashes of Creation

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i think wow classic proved no dungeon finder eventually blows ass. the better question is does ashes even have the dungeons to feature them with a finder?

Vanguard I felt like it was difficult to get tired of the world. So no dungeon finder was necessary.

Movement hacks were big in Vanguard though, so everyone is a little bias when it comes to Vanguard travel. But I never felt like I was missing a dungeon finder in Vanguard.

Well there's also no point in a dungeon finder if there aren't any other players

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Alright when can I conceivably get my hands on this game without giving them more than $400? Gimme the tldr

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
imdumb.png

I'm not a proud man.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Was hoping to be playing new world alpha, AoC may just just tempt me with their alpha 2...

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Devs taking questions on stream right now from Shroud and Summit

• 1Like

Cybsled

The siege system is giving me Shadowbane flashbacks, so how are they going to address the massive downsides to that? Shadowbane was a ghost town after people quit when their cities were sacked and all their shit was stolen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
Earlier today Steven was interviewed by Asmongold on his twitch channel. Here is the link;

• 2Like

Cybsled

After watching that video, I -really- hope the game's designers have plans in place to account for the flaws in a lot of those systems

1) Corruption system kind of sounds like Lineage II, with corrupted players eventually dropping items. The Chinese RMT guilds in L2 quickly learned ways to exploit that and trick people into PVP and get them to item drop status. Unless they figure out ways to counter that, it will be a shitshow of exploits/shady tactics

2) Node system is too Shadowbane as described. It sounds like there is nothing preventing a mega guild from shitstomping noob tier villages into dust and reseting them to level 0. Shadowbane, and Archeage to a lesser extent, have demonstrated that if people lose most of their shit due to siege stomps, then they quit the game. Too many of their town systems sound PVE focused, but then PVPers can teabag their houses/towns and erase their work. PVEers will quit in droves, then the PVPers will start to get bored and the PVPers will quit once they lose a major siege. It basically becomes a MMO Battle Royale, except the end state is a dead server vs. a victory. And these games most definitely attract griefer/pirate type mentalities that will "play to crush".

3) I hope they are ready to alter the node system in general post-launch. People will quickly figure out the best nodes to level and meta the shit out of that.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After watching that video, I -really- hope the game's designers have plans in place to account for the flaws in a lot of those systems

2) Node system is too Shadowbane as described. It sounds like there is nothing preventing a mega guild from shitstomping noob tier villages into dust and reseting them to level 0. Shadowbane, and Archeage to a lesser extent, have demonstrated that if people lose most of their shit due to siege stomps, then they quit the game. Too many of their town systems sound PVE focused, but then PVPers can teabag their houses/towns and erase their work. PVEers will quit in droves, then the PVPers will start to get bored and the PVPers will quit once they lose a major siege. It basically becomes a MMO Battle Royale, except the end state is a dead server vs. a victory. And these games most definitely attract griefer/pirate type mentalities that will "play to crush".

This is kind of my concern, essentially it looks like PVE players will be the one to advance the Nodes only for PVP players to destroy them. I'm not sure the PVE crowd will not be in for that for the long term.

It still looks pretty interesting though, and will give it a try when it comes out if it reviews are good.

• 2Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
there is nothing preventing a mega guild from shitstomping noob tier villages into dust and reseting them to level 0
Wasn't it obvious from the start that this is somewhat the plan? The creative director of AoC is Sorcerer, the guild leader of The White Order. I'd be surprised if there aren't mechanics so a big and organized guild can steamroll their smaller opponents in both PvE and PvP.

At least Amazon took the early negative feedback from PvE players for New World and delayed the release.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If that's the plan it's going to go poorly for them.

• 2Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If that's the plan it's going to go poorly for them.
Think about it: Isn't the ultimate form of P2W to bankroll your own game? Of course without P2W on the front, because P2W is bad! No one likes P2W!
But you can set up the rules in your favor, and your opposition can neither P2W, nor can they use RMT or they'll get banned. You even have all the transaction logs in the backend available to find something they are guilty of!

I think that would be the ultimate troll MMO.

Cybsled

The creative director of AoC is Sorcerer, the guild leader of The White Order

lol...guess he didn’t take the right lessons to heart when Kyrios PVP and population
Died out

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The siege system is giving me Shadowbane flashbacks, so how are they going to address the massive downsides to that? Shadowbane was a ghost town after people quit when their cities were sacked and all their shit was stolen.

Shadowbane had problems other than just sieges and cities being sacked, namely the instability and the slideshow, rubber banding that the game was plagued with for quite some time after launch. The sieges and city building were nothing more than balance problems that could be solved. In fact years later I revisited Shadowbane, probably about a year before it canceled and it was rather fun without the crashes, the rubber banding, the lag, etc...

Cybsled

You’re right those balance issues can be fixed, but it’s usually an after the fact when the damage has been done and typically doesn’t draw all the people back that you lost.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users