Ashes of Creation

Cybsled

Lol. Does anyone have the video of the business card scene from American Psycho, except they had all the people replaced by guys like Sorcerer from the Kyrios server? I remember that and it was hilarious because it contained all the whale PVPers.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
it s an EU server. it s reputation is.. somewhat sketchy. The EU players are VERY happy that its gone.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Is this game going to deliver on anything from this video:

or are they underestimating the faggotry of the MMO player and the game will be terrible?

Hosix

All labs matter!
Is this game going to deliver on anything from this video:

or are they underestimating the faggotry of the MMO player and the game will be terrible?

I highly doubt it. As much as I get my hopes up for this to be any good? I am well prepared for this to flop.

Balmung

Peasant
They've been working on it for years now. Either they're being disingenuous with their goals (and they know it) or they're the most competent MMORPG team in existence.

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Steven Sharif - who finances Ashes - said a couple of times that they didnt put it on kickstarter for money.

I dont much like Asmongold (a WoW streamer), but he did a good 90min interview with Sharif:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
PvE seems like it's more Lineage II from what it sounded like & the dungeon video. The one dungeon they showed off looked massive but every room looked like it was designed as an xp camp spot. Which to me means that the combat & class system are going to make or break this game.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The class description sounded kinda like Archeage, which means illusion of choice because outside a few OP combos, you’re food in PVP.

• 1Like

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every time I listen to Steven Sharif talk, since right back when this was revealed, it just stinks of so many dead-and-buried MMOs over the last 20 years. It's easy to excitedly talk about exciting ideas, and it's easy to get hyped by those exciting ideas, but until this stuff is actually realised as in-game systems that actually work and aren't shitty stripped-down compromises, the hype is lost on me.

The way he talks reminds me of just spitballing about cool ideas and enjoying the brainstorm. It feels detached from reality, and I can imagine his lead dev having to constantly bring the guy back down to earth.

Balmung

Peasant
I just don't personally see how the node system is interesting in any way. It has seemed like a gimmick to me from the beginning. I don't care about my server having random dungeons because we picked this node or that node to level up. I don't really like the idea of nodes turning into cities and those cities being race based visually. It just tells me this game won't have cities and areas designed from the ground up to work together and fit together. The dungeon they showed recently did not impress me at all. It looked more like a giant room with many repeating models and textures than any kind of dungeon I'd have fun delving into. I like a lot of their ideas, but I'm just not seeing it. They do seem to have the motivation and drive to push a finished and polished game to market though, so maybe I'll be surprised in the end.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just don't personally see how the node system is interesting in any way. It has seemed like a gimmick to me from the beginning. I don't care about my server having random dungeons because we picked this node or that node to level up. I don't really like the idea of nodes turning into cities and those cities being race based visually. It just tells me this game won't have cities and areas designed from the ground up to work together and fit together. The dungeon they showed recently did not impress me at all. It looked more like a giant room with many repeating models and textures than any kind of dungeon I'd have fun delving into. I like a lot of their ideas, but I'm just not seeing it. They do seem to have the motivation and drive to push a finished and polished game to market though, so maybe I'll be surprised in the end.

View attachment 297634

Pretty sure that's the definition of Jaded.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game has me excited enough that I'm genuinely going to be salty if it falls on its face. I really love the art direction and flavor. I've always hoped for a cutting edge MMO that has a very 'D&D' look and feel. It's not too far from how my minds-eye envisions the Forgotten Realms.

I'm completely uninspired by massive-scale PvP. History has shown us that it NEVER goes as developers plan. However, if the PvP system facilitate an evolving base of PvE content, I can get on board regardless of how terrible the PvP is.

I'm also hopeful that they get crafting/tradeskilling 'right.' The design sounds promising, but I am skeptical of the execution.

I'm truly hoping this game is solid.

Fingers crossed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users