Ashes of Creation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Am i stupid or ? When i click on either links ultimately leads to 20 minutes of music leading to event and no actual content...

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love the combat in Tera, its one of the best but its very intense and I don't want to do 2 or 3 hours of raid with non stop intense action combat like Tera.

I also have nothing against tab target and I think its more suited to MMO where long period of non stop play is required.

maybe I am old these days!

I remember Tera combat being pretty entertaining, but doing it for 3 or 4 hours straight on a raid would be draining.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I remember Tera combat being pretty entertaining, but doing it for 3 or 4 hours straight on a raid would be draining.

I'm confused. What makes tera combat that draining compared to something like WoW,raid wise? Yes you have to aim your abilities but it really wasnt that taxing, and for melee you were bascially doing what you do in any game, facing the boss/mobs and learn mechanics to not waste abilities. Both games require endless button mashing until a mechanic. You never stand still in either types of games really. If anything tera had far less things to press so the ones you did have became a lot more repetitive.

I think the only tiring part of tera would be if you were a healer, because you had to lock on or get your heals to encompass players(who were constantly moving). There was no mouse over or easy targetting for heals. Any other archtype had it really no different then a normal mmo(Edit: ok maybe warrior tanks too, since they had to dodge constantly and not just hit block when needed iirc).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm confused. What makes tera combat that draining compared to something like WoW,raid wise? Yes you have to aim your abilities but it really wasnt that taxing, and for melee you were bascially doing what you do in any game, facing the boss/mobs and learn mechanics to not waste abilities. Both games require endless button mashing until a mechanic. You never stand still in either types of games really. If anything tera had far less things to press so the ones you did have became a lot more repetitive.

I think the only tiring part of tera would be if you were a healer, because you had to lock on or get your heals to encompass players(who were constantly moving). There was no mouse over or easy targetting for heals. Any other archtype had it really no different then a normal mmo(Edit: ok maybe warrior tanks too, since they had to dodge constantly and not just hit block when needed iirc).

The main problem with stuff like wildstar and tera combat is everything winds up being like a raid boss where you are running and jumping around like crazy. For big boss fights that kind of thing is fine but eventually I prefer something a bit slower paced when I am just derping around questing and what not. Wildstar even on normal quest stuff got like DDR a lot of times and sure you can avoid it all but it just got tiresome.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
The main problem with stuff like wildstar and tera combat is everything winds up being like a raid boss where you are running and jumping around like crazy. For big boss fights that kind of thing is fine but eventually I prefer something a bit slower paced when I am just derping around questing and what not. Wildstar even on normal quest stuff got like DDR a lot of times and sure you can avoid it all but it just got tiresome.

I can see questing/farming. Where a tab target game is balanced around you basically being able to take hits from enemies over and over but action combat game will kill you or come close if you miss any attack from a enemy because they assume you will dodge/block. The latter doesn't really allow a laid back play with one hand barely paying attention playstyle.

Makes me wonder how this game plans to have a mixed system. Because you either balance around players actively avoiding getting hit at all or you balance around being able to take hits and healing up during or after.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup basically wow when you aer not raiding you can play fine with like 30% of your attention. Something like wildstar or terra even questing you have to pretty much give it your full attention. That gets tiresome when you are just griding stuff and doing leveling stuff. Wow has a pretty solid balance of shit where you don't have to pay attention and shit where you really need to fully laser focus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mrmoneda

Trakanon Raider
Yup basically wow when you aer not raiding you can play fine with like 30% of your attention. Something like wildstar or terra even questing you have to pretty much give it your full attention.
Heh, this is exactly why I prefer combat like TERA's. When it gets to the point I'm only using 30% of my attention on a game it's time for me to find a new game.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>

tldw(too long, didn't watch) -- underwater biomes on launch, underwater mount animations for a lot of mounts, varying mount speeds, group mounts, mount abilities, and breeding.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
God I hate that font these games use for player names. Looks like EQ2 20 years ago.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
For whatever reason I thought they were much further along. I'm hoping this turns out to be the game that we need it to be. The MMO market just seems incredibly dry and as much as want to give games like WoW and FFXIV the credit they're due, I feel like they're on autopilot. FFXIV seems to be doing well and WoW still has an expansion to prove me wrong but we need new blood badly if nothing else to push the EQ, WoW, FF's of the world to look towards the future.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to this game with high anticipation.

This game looks to be the only one that hits a lot of buttons for me. Camelot Unchained ended up a bust and this game has the siege warfare I so enjoyed in DAoC.

We talk of the Blizzard of old who created wonderful material in comparison to the Blizzard of now. They just are not the same. I am hoping this company and game are similar to what Blizzard used to be. A group of players with a passion and joy of wanting to create a fun game.

• 2Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Game doesn't seem like it is going for a real classic MMO feel, and instead something like GW2. Not a bad thing I guess, but certainly isn't going to scratch that real MMO itch.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm excited about the game too, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The MMO industry over the last 5 years has made me terribly jaded.
I agree with you. This is the only thing I can get excited about so I will be excited. There is nothing coming beyond this game for years that comes close to what this one is offering.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man, I took was hopeful Alpha 1 would be sooner than almost mid next year, then we have Alpha 2 and Beta 1 to get through still. I haven't been as excited about an MMO like this in...I honestly don't remember how long.

I guess New World will be it for me until then, which I really enjoyed in the previews as well, but crafting wise and player housing wise, AoC is going to be nothing short of a playground of love for me (if it delivers).

• 1Seriously?

Cybsled

Game doesn't seem like it is going for a real classic MMO feel, and instead something like GW2. Not a bad thing I guess, but certainly isn't going to scratch that real MMO itch.

He's basically trying to make Western Archeage + Lineage II

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
For the most part, ArcheAge was amazing. You can take a lot of the concepts of that game and make it into something better.

• 1Like