Ashes of Creation

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It was like that even back in Planes of Power. I had to turn off spell effects any time I'd raid because I literally couldn't fucking see anything. Even in groups I left my particles at like 10% opacity.

I remember having to have them off because having them on would lag me out, had to watch the ground. Then I upgraded to a Voodoo 3D card and I could finally watch all the sparkly lights! Then later I turned them off again for the reason you mentioned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Pretty excited about this, upped to the $250 membership so I can get in the April (?) phase.

just hope they don't make the combat too full on action.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have not announced the time line for Alpha 2 and since I believe the last Alpha 1 phase is in May, I would guess Alpha 2 to start around July. I am also in Alpha 2. I am pretty sure nobody gave enough money to the game on these boards to be in this Alpha 1 stage. If I am wrong, please do enlighten us as to how the game runs.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Pretty excited about this, upped to the $250 membership so I can get in the April (?) phase.

just hope they don't make the combat too full on action.

Lol people just don't fucking learn, do they?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can’t wait for this game to come out but not a hope in hell am I forking over money in anything other than a normal pre order.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I can’t wait for this game to come out but not a hope in hell am I forking over money in anything other than a normal pre order.
Pre-order?

Never pre-order anything. I know they are all trying to scam you into pre-ordering based on exclusive cosmetic rewards and whatnot, but resist.

The only time you should pre-order something is the day before launch, after the final reviews are coming out. Unless it's Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles, in which case the embargo on any review is telling you something.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nirgs....nirgers?
EuphoricFloweryItalianbrownbear-size_restricted.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pre-order?

Never pre-order anything. I know they are all trying to scam you into pre-ordering based on exclusive cosmetic rewards and whatnot, but resist.

The only time you should pre-order something is the day before launch, after the final reviews are coming out. Unless it's Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles, in which case the embargo on any review is telling you something.
I don’t preorder much but if I know I’m getting something no matter what I’ll do it so I can preload it.

if it gets tore apart I can cancel the preorder. No big deal, or if in steam, I can refund it after playing. Again, no big deal.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I rarely preorder anything.

I preordered Hex, Shards of Fate and enjoyed the game for almost a year until it became clear that the company could not keep up. Then I profited on that Preorder. I Preordered Camelot Unchained. They had a solid refund policy. I backed out when it appeared that the game was not going to be made. I did get my money back. I preordered Cyberpunk 2077 and continue to enjoy that game.

I did not pay or preorder anything to do with Star Citizen.

I feel that I have a pretty good head for games and value when Preordering. It is risky but the risk can be minimized with proper research.

I Preordered Ashes of Creation.

I have done the research and waited until the game looked like something I would easily enjoy playing. The company is solid and the Developers appear to understand what constitutes fun in a game. They have a pretty clear time line that has not deviated all that much. Early on, the game did appear to be going in a questionable direction. I had not preordered at that time. As I stated, I was waiting until something solid began to emerge. Now the game looks amazing and tommorrow I hope to read about how the first Test went. I do kind of regret not having chipped in when you could have gotten the life-time membership. That was offered back when the risk was much higher for the individual to put down that kind of money. All I can say is congratz to those people, as it appears as though that investment might pay off and more. It is rare when they do.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don’t preorder much but if I know I’m getting something no matter what I’ll do it so I can preload it.
Ah. Forget some parts of the world don't have fiber and 10Mbyte per second downloads.

(seriously, that's the deciding factor when I hit retirement. I'd love to go countryside, but fuck if my speed goes below at least 50Mbps)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
One of my friends has basically given up on getting any refund on that one.

Despite the strong protections that EU gives you, it's been close to impossible to get any form of refund for a few years, once it became apparent on how much of a scam it was.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ah. Forget some parts of the world don't have fiber and 10Mbyte per second downloads.

(seriously, that's the deciding factor when I hit retirement. I'd love to go countryside, but fuck if my speed goes below at least 50Mbps)
I have a 1GB connection. But when games launch I wanna play them, not wait 5 minutes.

• 1Worf

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I rarely preorder anything.

I preordered Hex, Shards of Fate and enjoyed the game for almost a year until it became clear that the company could not keep up. Then I profited on that Preorder. I Preordered Camelot Unchained. They had a solid refund policy. I backed out when it appeared that the game was not going to be made. I did get my money back. I preordered Cyberpunk 2077 and continue to enjoy that game.

I feel that I have a pretty good head for games and value when Preordering. It is risky but the risk can be minimized with proper research.

I Preordered Ashes of Creation.

I have done the research and waited until the game looked like something I would easily enjoy playing. The company is solid and the Developers appear to understand what constitutes fun in a game. They have a pretty clear time line that has not deviated all that much. Early on, the game did appear to be going in a questionable direction. I had not preordered at that time. As I stated, I was waiting until something solid began to emerge. Now the game looks amazing and tommorrow I hope to read about how the first Test went. I do kind of regret not having chipped in when you could have gotten the life-time membership. That was offered back when the risk was much higher for the individual to put down that kind of money. All I can say is congratz to those people, as it appears as though that investment might pay off and more. It is rare when they do.
I agree with you completely. I am selective when I pre-order or fund something. I never do it right off the bat but if its something I like and its a good deal, I will pull the trigger. I know what I like and even with some of the crappy titles, I have gotten my money's worth. If I do the research and wait a bit, its pretty easy to tell if something will ship and if I will like enough about it.

I had no issue giving this game some money. I know I am going to like it and will get my moneys worth.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I agree with you completely. I am selective when I pre-order or fund something. I never do it right off the bat but if its something I like and its a good deal, I will pull the trigger. I know what I like and even with some of the crappy titles, I have gotten my money's worth. If I do the research and wait a bit, its pretty easy to tell if something will ship and if I will like enough about it.

I had no issue giving this game some money. I know i am going to like it and will get my moneys worth.

No offense but you literally don't know shit. Every single other game that people have pledged money towards that never came to be all claimed to be the next big thing. This game basically only exists on paper and a very very basic alpha test demo. What you're saying is literally exactly what everyone has said about all of the other failed projects. Stop fucking giving companies money without them actually producing anything. I mean sure we've all done it but we really just need to learn an actual god damn lesson and stop this stupid shit. When literally the cheapest fucking entry to help out this non existent game is 75$, a price literally higher than any fully functioning fully released AAA game you seriously have to be some kind of absolute dumb autistic fuck at this point to buy into it.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
No offense but you literally don't know shit. Every single other game that people have pledged money towards that never came to be all claimed to be the next big thing. This game basically only exists on paper and a very very basic alpha test demo. What you're saying is literally exactly what everyone has said about all of the other failed projects. Stop fucking giving companies money without them actually producing anything. I mean sure we've all done it but we really just need to learn an actual god damn lesson and stop this stupid shit. When literally the cheapest fucking entry to help out this non existent game is 75$, a price literally higher than any fully functioning fully released AAA game you seriously have to be some kind of absolute dumb autistic fuck at this point to buy into it.
I understand where you are coming from but I felt at a recent point it was well worth to me to cash in here. That 75 includes 2 months of playing time and 25 of the marketplace credits. I also get access to beta 2 so no, I don't think it will be a waste. I figured it willbe a 59.99 or 49.99 box price most likely so add all I got and it seems worth it to me. I like what has happened since the beginning announcement and the direction this game has gone in. I have a fairly good track record for buying in early so far and its based on several criteria. It hasn't worked every time but I really don't see me getting my money out of this. I want MMORPG's to succeed on the whole and want more to play. I have the money to spend that 75 won't bother me atm and so I spent it.

I get many folks are burnt by this process but I wouldn't be spending if that money would be missed. I could turn out wrong and the game could suck but I am sure I will get two months out of it. I also enjoy the beta process and will be glad to be a part of it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Normally I would pre-order this after what I’ve seem. They seem to be making good progress and most of what they are doing seems good.

I have one fundamental issue that is keeping me away for now and it’s about one of the core gameplay loop that I think ”could” end up failing pretty hard, not saying it will but could. That’s the loop where I think the game will have PVE players levelling the nodes only to have them be attacked by PVP players and lose everything. I’m not sure that will be sustainable for either side, basically you need to pve to create the pvp content It think both player type might suffer from this.

Will pve players stay if they lose their hard work...and then will pvp player want to pve enough to level the nodes to get something to fight over?

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The founder/creative director's pedigree is limited to playing shit Asian grinders and the naive details of AoC's "Corruption" system have been lifted from these games, so expect it to be a fiasco.