Ashes of Creation

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Planetside is probably the leader when it comes to large-scale battles in real time. They've done some amazing things, technologically.

Still, I never understood how massive battles are actually fun. The larger the group, the more coordinated your efforts must be.

Following orders just isn't fun.
Yeah the thing about games like planetside is the leaders have all the fun playing chess with the plebs. Youre just another pawn. Redeployside.

Still the game was tons of fun taking territory and shit. And you got tons of exp and other shit for doing it.

Xerge

<Donor>
They have the PS2 netcode guy on their team, if any game is going to pull it off it's AoC. The game is very far from release though still. At least 2 years at a minimum.

AoC currently cannot get basic shit working like when a mob is killed, the 'AI' for it still exists in the server processing which eventually creates lots of lag. They just finished work on combat 2.0, so there are literally zero action based abilities in game yet.

Not shittin on the game, just don't hype yourself up for it any time soon, and there's plenty of time for New World, Lost Ark, or current shit.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Large scale pvp is good if there’s no magic. Look at chivalry 2. If everyone’s just meleeing each other, getting arrowed, or maybe the occasional cannonball or boiling oil, shits hectic but fun.

its when you’re mass cc’d, or die to a fireball, or an Aoe stun from an attack move that only exists in fantasy , that shit is bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
They have the PS2 netcode guy on their team, if any game is going to pull it off it's AoC. The game is very far from release though still. At least 2 years at a minimum.

AoC currently cannot get basic shit working like when a mob is killed, the 'AI' for it still exists in the server processing which eventually creates lots of lag. They just finished work on combat 2.0, so there are literally zero action based abilities in game yet.

Not shittin on the game, just don't hype yourself up for it any time soon, and there's plenty of time for New World, Lost Ark, or current shit.

Netcode guy for the original Planetside was the real man

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Soooo my F&F invite went out late and I wouldn't be streaming/posting media until the month long test that starts next week. I should hopefully still have exclusive media posted to my discord though.

F in chat.

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Watching my developer friend play on discord. This game feels huge and larger than life which is nice to see. It's really a long ass fucking ways a way though.

Edit: Funny watching asmongold. He doesn't realize to be mayor of a node you need to a be citizen, to be a citizen you need own housing, to do that you need gold. Currency in this game is supposedly being developed in a sense that it's value is pretty high.
Edit: Someone traded asmongold over 9million gold. Good lord lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Kinda looks like shit so far to be honest. Although I haven't lost any hope. It's very early. I remember how these early Alphas were. In WoW, literally nothing worked. In Star Wars Galaxies, in Dark Age of Camelot, etc etc. I remember there was an early alpha build of WoW that was leaked and my friends and I pirated it and had a lan party. It was way worse than this.

Edit: Looking better.

Watching my developer friend play on discord. This game feels huge and larger than life which is nice to see. It's really a long ass fucking ways a way though.

Edit: Funny watching asmongold. He doesn't realize to be mayor of a node you need to a be citizen, to be a citizen you need own housing, to do that you need gold. Currency in this game is supposedly being developed in a sense that it's value is pretty high.
I bet by the time he gets back to any of those houses they are bought up. Unless that was a dev that had all that gold and it's not that easy to do whatever was done to get that much gold.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You think it looks like shit? I think the world they've built so far looks really nice, and comparing it to WoW alpha and other real alphas (not marketing "alphas") I've seen/played it's impressive what they've done so far with their smaller team. Considering release is probably at least 2 years away I'd guess, I'm excited to see where it goes.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You think it looks like shit? I think the world they've built so far looks really nice, and comparing it to WoW alpha and other real alphas (not marketing "alphas") I've seen/played it's impressive what they've done so far with their smaller team. Considering release is probably at least 2 years away I'd guess, I'm excited to see where it goes.
I was watching whoever the other top streamer was before Asmon started playing (some guy playing a short dwarf-like character), and yeah, the starting area with the training dummies looked pretty bad imo. But once Asmon got to this town it looks much better. And these mounts are super creative and really good looking.

Everyone has different expectations of what an alpha is and every alpha is different. I think this alpha looks better than other big MMO alphas I've played in the past, so I still have a lot of hope.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
World looks nice, Art style is good for what they are doing, but I'm not a fan of some of the animations, especially the basic combat animations. Graphics are a bit toned down, probably to support a lot of players on screen at the same time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
World looks nice, Art style is good for what they are doing, but I'm not a fan of some of the animations, especially the basic combat animations. Graphics are a bit toned down, probably to support a lot of players on screen at the same time.
Yeah, probably. That's mainly what I think looks shitty. The melee animations are lol. But I'm sure they have a long way to go, and know they have a long way to go. The world looks pretty dope, mounts look super dope.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider

looks like hes having a good time.

Xerge

<Donor>
The graphical tech is newer, as in the last couple of years. AoC and NW are both gorgeous for their genre. It's amazing to see the tech in action within an MMO.