Ashes of Creation

Cybsled

Game will be in the oven a couple more years at least, so I’m holding off on watching this in any great detail

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
game looks pretty fucking good graphically I think. Battles might have too many effects but I'm sure will be able to tone that down with options.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
This is currently the one that to play all these people had to put in at least $500 tier right?

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Game will be in the oven a couple more years at least, so I’m holding off on watching this in any great detail
Game is barely in alpha after at least 5 years of development. MMOs no less complex built by smaller teams on smaller budgets and without the benefit of off-the-shelf engines and middleware were already released in less time than this.

Eternal crowdfunding sure as hell doesn't light fires under any asses.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'd slit my wrists if I had to read that shit 6 hours everyday.
I'd probably make sarcastic remarks about such viewers and borderline insult them all day.

I think I realized why I don't like the combat animations: they feel like they don't have "weight" and "impact" to them. Fast swings. That glowing whip/lasso thing is especially bad, it feels floaty and doesn't seem to obey the laws of physicas. Ok, it's magic and all that, but at the same time doesn't go directly for a target and just ... I don't know how to put it, it looks more likely to hit your allies than your target.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Game is barely in alpha after at least 5 years of development. MMOs no less complex built by smaller teams on smaller budgets and without the benefit of off-the-shelf engines and middleware were already released in less time than this.

Eternal crowdfunding sure as hell doesn't light fires under any asses.

Supposedly they didn't start real development until June 2017. No clue if true but your second sentence sounds like utter bullshit. Which very complex but smaller MMOs have been developed and released in 4 years and where are they? I haven't seen any of them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly they didn't start real development until June 2017. No clue if true but your second sentence sounds like utter bullshit. Which very complex but smaller MMOs have been developed and released in 4 years and where are they? I haven't seen any of them.

More than half the team wasnt even there till late 2017, much less the later additions. Its such an asinine claim to make and shows little to no understanding of development. The other bit, which I completely agree with you on I agree too. Especially on the scale of what was shown today. I dont have any idea how much I'll like it till Im playing it, but like zzeris zzeris said, what other MMO's are even remotely close to this with as small a team?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
That dude just trolls the MMO forums. I'd just block him now. Pretty sure he's some banned doofuses alt account.

Xerge

<Donor>
Lol it's early alpha. Who cares. I was just curious. So it was you that did it?
nah wasn't me, the gold exploit involved someone getting ahold of a GM client pretty much lol.
we're in!

Edit: Dwarves run slower than other races. FML. The volcano across the body of water is actually where the dungeon was in asmongold's stream.
unknown.png

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Kinda sold after seeing all those mounts. That underwater lochness mount was badass
Yeah if they put as much creative energy and time into the rest of the game as they did those mounts, whew boy this will be a good MMORPG. Every single one of those mounts was super slick and nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user