Ashes of Creation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh...somebody here IS in Alpha 1? Glad to hear the positivity of the test. I will be in Alpha 2...maybe fall?

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
No date has been announced. However there have been hints that access to A1 might reopen, nothing set in stone as of yet.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Link to tank archetype preview
I'm being pedantic here.

I'm not a fan of how the shields are held, why is it held at the thigh in a combat stance? Otherwise looks pretty standard tank stuff.

I definitely like that these animations are a lot less flashy than the mage ones. The scaling mitigation skill is a cool concept. I like how the tank seems to have abilities that both control the enemy position in addition to mobility to reposition themselves.

Hope its fun.

EDIT: Adding a random pic from DAOC. They did shield animation + stance right IMO.
1612892413311.png

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Still kinda annoys me that they're using "Tank" as the actual in-setting term for them. Couldn't have gone with something that feels a little less metagame-y? Guardian? Knight? Soldier? Legionnaire? Hoplite? Damn near anything?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Why bother? Everyone will call me the role tank anyways

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm being pedantic here.

I'm not a fan of how the shields are held, why is it held at the thigh in a combat stance? Otherwise looks pretty standard tank stuff.

I definitely like that these animations are a lot less flashy than the mage ones. The scaling mitigation skill is a cool concept. I like how the tank seems to have abilities that both control the enemy position in addition to mobility to reposition themselves.

Hope its fun.

EDIT: Adding a random pic from DAOC. They did shield animation + stance right IMO.
View attachment 333949
I understand what you're saying, I want my shield to look at the ready. But I think they are basing more off of the reality / historic accuracy of the weight of the shield. A historically accurate shield, even a lightweight one was heavy af.

• 1Solidarity

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I understand what you're saying, I want my shield to look at the ready. But I think they are basing more off of the reality / historic accuracy of the weight of the shield. A historically accurate shield, even a lightweight one was heavy af.
I don't want no bitch ass pixels

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I hate pvp and this game still gives me wood. I’m gonna play the shit outta this. Nothing else even looks close to good coming out.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate pvp and this game still gives me wood. I’m gonna play the shit outta this. Nothing else even looks close to good coming out.
I am also not the biggest fan of PvP but the game where I enjoyed PvP the most was DAoC. This game seems to have that kind of element. It is easily the game with the most potential coming out anytime in the next 2-3 years. I am hoping Alpha 2 will start at least by Late summer.

• 3Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I am also not the biggest fan of PvP but the game where I enjoyed PvP the most was DAoC. This game seems to have that kind of element. It is easily the game with the most potential coming out anytime in the next 2-3 years. I am hoping Alpha 2 will start at least by Late summer.

Whats funny is gamers today would cry so hard about daoc pvp. That game had AE CC and you could chain it. And even chain single target CC. In todays gaming world players cry when they can't do anything for 5 seconds.

Pvp wise there's been a few fun games for me. DAOC of course, AO notum wars were so fun. Games like Tera/BnS/Early BDO made pvp very fun solely because of their combat.

Will see how this game turns out. I still have some worry because of who is making it, but the worst that happens is I try it and not enjoy it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I hated the early unbalanced DAOC PvP (Hi 2 u 2 minute mezzes!). But man, later on, especially in the Darkness Falls shared dungeon? Perfection. We need another one of those.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I normally hate pvp but I also enjoyed the post CC nerf DAoC. But the best pvp for my money was Warhammer. If this is like either of those it will be good.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hated the early unbalanced DAOC PvP (Hi 2 u 2 minute mezzes!). But man, later on, especially in the Darkness Falls shared dungeon? Perfection. We need another one of those.
As much as a fan favorite as Darkness Falls was, I find it odd that no one has copied that place exactly.

• 1Like