Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just spent 20 minutes getting my first animus fragment. Felt pretty noob, but was awesome to get it!
smile.png

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's worth doing everything other than going out of your way to get every single treasure chest or animus fragments. Those don't really do a whole lot for you, and some are really tedious out in the middle of nowhere. I always snagged the ones that were in towns, but I never bothered stopping on deserted islands for them.
All the islands kind of have the same look to them in that they reuse the same assets. Once you seen one you have seen them all. Outside of the main storyline and the assassin contracts there isn't much story or uniqueness if you go exploring.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Working on sequence 5 (or 6), and would love some help with my fleet. Please add me on PSN: sugarmonkey. Also, it seems like some of the fragments or shards w/e are impossible to get - do I need to wait until I have the rope hook to get them? Or am I doing it wrong? Some of these are way far off from a jump or too high in the air.

spronk

FPS noob
you don't need rope hook for fragments, and it won't help you with them. there is a combo you press to jump straight up in the air, I think on ps4 its hold R2 and then press X. You basically don't use that move anywhere except for the 3-4 fragments that are unreachable without it.

for the 100%'ers keep in mind the sharing stuff is very bugged, basically it only spawns on a few servers (out of dozens) and every time you start the game the server you hook up to is random. until they patch/fix it, its almost impossible to get the share convoy/whale/chest stuff. you can go here to see coords of items people share, but again since its only one server out of ?? your chances of getting onto THAT server is very rare
[PS4 ONLY!] Share your discovery [NOT A BOOST THREAD/FRIEND REQUEST THREAD!] - PlaystationTrophies.org

finished this week and really, really, really enjoyed it. Best storyline in a game I have played in a long, long time and makes me wanna go back and play AC2. Still haven't done the Adewale DLC or much multiplayer. I torrented the AC books, I wouldn't bother with the AC4 book its pretty much a retelling of the game with a few small extras (a few chapters of kenways life before, and a few post game pages).

W

Wrathcaster

Heard great things about this game, was thinking of picking it up on PC (don't have a console). Will the experience be any less enjoyable without a controller, and are there any major issues on the PC version I should know about?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Go pick up a used XBOX 360 controller at Gamestop for like $15. You'll use it for TONS of PC games. Every PC gamer should have one.

Just in the past year or so I've used it on Dark Souls, Tombraider, Batman Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed 4, Saints Row 4, etc. While racing games are best with a wheel, they are also better with a gamepad than a keyboard/mouse if nothing else. I've played all the Dirt and Need for Speed games with a gamepad.

If you don't have a good gamepad, you're really doing yourself a disservice.

spronk

FPS noob
the tv show Black Sail premieres on Starz Jan 24th, there is a screener out already for the first episode. Its a pirate show set in 1715, should be cool to watch and see the places you see in AC4

some people are also saying more servers are regularly spawning the share social stuff

edit: confirmed, servers spawning a lot more social stuff now. have gotten these

whale

convoy
646, 293

chest
621, 270

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I just started playing this for PC....I may have to break down and finally buy a controller for the PC...man the controls are borderline horrific on this as is.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing this for the past week or two and think I have like 40 hours total. 39 of which are sailing around blowing shit up and 1 hour of story. This game is awesome.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been playing this for the past week or two and think I have like 40 hours total. 39 of which are sailing around blowing shit up and 1 hour of story. This game is awesome.
yep one of the best games I have ever played. Sean pointed out in another thread that it's a shame this game didn't get even a mention for GOTY because of all the chances and innovations it took/brought.

It works and this iphone/droid naval combat game is amazing.

Anyone need some naval combat help just add me PSN regimebolton. I just started branching into Mediterranean, England and South Africa.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man I'm all excited from the multi player that up until now I didn't know existed. Does single player tie to it at all??

Also I saw the ipad game the other day, glad to hear that is pretty good, I may end up checking that out too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I just started playing this for PC....I may have to break down and finally buy a controller for the PC...man the controls are borderline horrific on this as is.
Yeah, this game is developed for a gamepad.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Are we just using the PS4 ID thread for the multiplayer / social parts of this? Really avoided reading the thread since I'm so late to playing this but am far enough in now that I think I want to check out some of the friend list stuff.

also need to find out if i can change my PSN ID from the stupid shit I made like 8 years ago.

edit: Nevermind,Can I change my Online ID?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Running KB+M and haven't had any issues what-so-ever. Anyone that plays any sort of FPS or TPS should be fine. Not sure what the bitching is about. :/
I dunno what issues he's having. I have never played a AC game with my keyboard, but these games are developed primarily on the consoles. I play with my PS4 pad on my PC.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're playing it wrong if you stick to kb&m. Just give in and join the console peasants, get an xbox controller.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Seriously, you're missing out on a lot of great games and being able to control them well without a console controller for your PC. The Assassins Creed games, Dark Souls(2nd coming soon), Batman Arkham games, etc. Also racing games are WAY better with a controller than a kb&m if you don't have a steering wheel.

Sulrn

Deuces
I have a wireless adapter for the 360, but AC:BF doesn't have any issues playing KB+M so why bother?