Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

spronk

FPS noob
if you liked AC4 you really must watch Black Sails, the series has wrapped at 4 seasons

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this is the only one I really liked.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Necroing this because I bought it last week for $6 on Steam and I think it might be one of the best games I've ever played.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It’s a decently good game, but you need to play better games if it’s the best you’ve ever played

• 1Worf

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I simply love the setting, the sounds, and the variety of game play.

I know it is like other AC games (which are only okay) in which you essentially have an 'I Win' button, but I can't help but like it anyway.

It hits just the right nerves for me.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
its in my top 10 games ever for sure, but yeah i'd say most people wouldn't put it there, the stealth mechanics part I really enjoyed but I know some people hated it and all the assassin-y stuff. I just loved the Caribbean setting, ended up taking 4 trips down there because of the game lol.

I assume you have played AC2 right? Its very similar and they recently remastered the entire 2 trilogy and I really enjoyed replaying that last winter

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
AC2 (was that the one in Italy?) was the only one I'd played prior to this. I played the one where you meet DaVinci. It was a fun game but for some reason it didn't leave quite the impression on me that this one is.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
IV was a magical step up in terms of gameplay and graphics, it all coalesced just right. Hell of a game, easily my favorite Assassin"s Creed game.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Necroing this because I bought it last week for $6 on Steam and I think it might be one of the best games I've ever played.
It was, by far, my favorite AC game. It was also extra awesome as it was one of my first PS4 games.

• 2Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>

I love the sea shanties but I have to admit this wasn't my first exposure to them. I played an indie game on Steam called Nantucket (a turn-based whale hunting game, yeah you heard that right) which had all of the same ones from AC4, although AC4 has quite a bit more of them than Nantucket did, and I'm sure Nantucket got the idea from AC4.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I love the sea shanties but I have to admit this wasn't my first exposure to them. I played an indie game on Steam called Nantucket (a whale hunting card game, yeah you heard that right) which had all of the same ones from AC4, although AC4 has quite a bit more of them than Nantucket did, and I'm sure Nantucket got the idea from AC4.

I've seen but haven't played Nantucket. Seemed pretty fun.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire also had sea shanties, although they're not as good as AC4's.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
There are still the two last 'Hard' zones for me to unlock in AC4 but so far I have not yet heard this Shanty, in which the full version was in Nantucket.

Full version

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There are still the two last 'Hard' zones for me to unlock in AC4 but so far I have not yet heard this Shanty, in which the full version which was in Nantucket.

One of the best movies ever made IMO. It sucks so much that it didn't do well as they wanted to do more of them.

Sea Shanty style folk music is huge here in Nova Scotia and it's impossible to not get exposed to it several times throughout the year. You might want to give some of it a listen if you're into it:

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit I always meant to get this one on ps4 as soon as it got cheap enough but lost track!

• 1Like