Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
well, my girlfriend saw the $40 sale and decided to order this. we'll have it on Friday.

initially i said i was going to boycott this game due to the microtransaction shit, but ended up coming around after hearing about how great the game was despite the MTs. i'm pretty excited to be getting it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
It's kinda scary, like aliens took over Ubisoft. Im not used to them doing stuff like this. I've been in a serious gaming funk since I finished Odyssey, I cant seem to find anything that I want to sink time into. Guess I can go back to Odyssey, level to 70, and fix my gear so i dont look like a pirate-ninja hobo.

• 2Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
40 hours in, hooked, love it.
Minimal complaints, VAST improvements over Origins and this new patch is a great step in making an already good game even more worthy of time.
Wishing I could open world assassin co op with a buddy to do contracts and forts with, that’d be fun as shit to me. Gear is much better than Origins and skill trees feel solid. Ship exploration is fantastic and the world is massive. Hate the predator arrow nerf but had to be done, rofl.

Thank you again Bandwagon, I’ve been dealing with intensely difficult medical issues the past few years and being able to play on a Pro and get back into gaming has been a godsend. Much love brother.

• 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game was 42% off today in a webstore in Sweden. Ordered it right away. Just need to finish RDR2 first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I got this game last weekend. I loved Origins but it felt kind of short of greatness in a bunch of areas so I really was on the fence with this. After not being able to get into RDR, I got this instead, and most of the things that kind of nagged at me with Origins are improved for sure in this game. The character (Alexios, have not played Kassandra yet) is much better than wooden Bayek. Itemization is much better, although I really hate the weapon stats. DPS means shit if they are so balanced that they all do the same damage in a given time frame. It should post the damage they do per swing and a speed. The skill trees are DEFINITELY improved (most of the skills in Origins were almost totally pointless).

The only things that still bug me:

1. Level cap absolutely does not match the world size. They really need to make the cap 100 at least and figure out a way to spread the ability points across that. I know I'm typing this as a patch that raises the cap is downloading, but I still think it's too low.
2. I think this is a design decision, so I'll probably just have to bear it, but while I like the overall flow of the stories, the dialogue drives me batty. I'm in pre Christ Greece, and yet they talk like they are inner city people in 2018. It's not a deal breaker, but still annoys me.
3. Much smaller thing, but I really think they missed an opportunity in the merc system. They should make it dynamic that it's constantly spawning higher and higher level Mercs for you to fight in post game. Hell it'd been fun if they did something like Nioh's grave system where the Merc system spawns other players (controlled by AI)

I personally think the talk of the MTX were mainly hyperbole and way over blown. Yes, they are in there, but the vast majority of it is cosmetic. The only one that is "pay to win" is the xp boosts, but no shit, you suck at life if you need those. There is so much stuff crammed into this game that can give you experience, that if you aren't over leveled by 20% within the first three regions, you are not playing it correctly. If all you want to do is main story shit, then you are kind of missing the entire point of these games in the first place.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have this on Project Stream, but don't want to play it, and then have all my progress lost Jan 15th when I lose access. :(

Has Google said anything about being able to import progress at the end of the Project Stream demo?

spronk

FPS noob
they've pretty much said you will lose all progress, so yeah its good to see whether you'll like the game but i wouldn't play too much if you think you'll want to continue later

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just got this yesterday on a black Friday say. Only about 2 hours in, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Have this on Project Stream, but don't want to play it, and then have all my progress lost Jan 15th when I lose access. :(

Has Google said anything about being able to import progress at the end of the Project Stream demo?

DLC, progress, etc is basically being treated as an entire other platform, unfortunately. With all the Ubisoft integration it doesn't feel like too much to ask, in some form.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've spent about 60 hours on this on Project Stream. I've pretty much stopped doing quests at this point because I know that I'm going to lose all my access. Very sad and disappointed that they are not willing to let us import our saved games. I've got all the legendary beasts down, Medusa is next for Atlantis, and almost all cultists are dead.

Found it very weird that one of the cultists was level 51 while his Sage is only level 40.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
JFC Mercenaries spawning right on top of you when your bounty goes up a level is fucking stupid. Several times now I've been fighting my ass off to stay alive in a camp or w/e and then Assholio The Flatulant teleports in to ruin my fucking day. The even more fun situation is where I kill him, my bounty ticks down, and then I kill one of my previous attackers only to have Douchenozzle the Pustulant pop up because my bounty ticked back up!

I'm fucking salty, boys.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
JFC Mercenaries spawning right on top of you when your bounty goes up a level is fucking stupid. Several times now I've been fighting my ass off to stay alive in a camp or w/e and then Assholio The Flatulant teleports in to ruin my fucking day. The even more fun situation is where I kill him, my bounty ticks down, and then I kill one of my previous attackers only to have Douchenozzle the Pustulant pop up because my bounty ticked back up!

I'm fucking salty, boys.

I had a situation where I was storming a castle fort. Usually I try to be sneaky and start by going in and trapping the alarm fire, and then go back and start on the outside and assassinate guys until I'm caught and then I just face tank the rest of the way ( I hate stealth). Well in this particular instance my dumb ass gets caught on the first fight, and so I have the whole castle on high alert, and I forgot to set the trap, so alarm is lit. Within minutes bounty hunters started showing up. 10 bounty hunters later, I finally was able to go in and finish God's work inside the castle. Then I had to go hunt the bounty giver down and kill him to clear my now 4 helmet bounty level.

I'm really enjoying the bounty system. The snitches usually are in one of two or three camps in the region and they are fairly painless to sneak in and kill real quick to clear it. Only thing I've noticed is it's kind of inconsistent. Sometimes I kill a dude and boom bounty, but other times, I've cleared a whole area and no one bats an eye (areas with soldiers etc, I know bandits don't get you a bounty at all). The only other downfall to this is, is it does force me to play on normal versus hard because like most games the harder difficulties just mean more hit points and trying to take down a bunch of guys at once is not hard, just very tedious and drawn out.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So I'm only a few hours in (level 9) right now. I'm definitely not a completionist and don't have any issue putting away a half-finished game, so I don't really care about story progression, easter eggs, or the most efficient progression path, etc.

What's the "most fun" part of the game for other people here? Are there any weapons or armor with rare, unique effects like Diablo, or is it all just stat boosts?
I usually just have ~60 minutes to play after the baby goes to bed, so I just like hopping on and fucking around by wiping out a fort or hunting a couple mercs.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
There are legendary effects that once you acquire them that can be applied to other equipment.

Min/maxing my build was one of the top things I liked doing

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There are legendary effects that once you acquire them that can be applied to other equipment.

Min/maxing my build was one of the top things I liked doing
Do you get those through story progression or can I go tackle at any time?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I'm only a few hours in (level 9) right now. I'm definitely not a completionist and don't have any issue putting away a half-finished game, so I don't really care about story progression, easter eggs, or the most efficient progression path, etc.

What's the "most fun" part of the game for other people here? Are there any weapons or armor with rare, unique effects like Diablo, or is it all just stat boosts?
I usually just have ~60 minutes to play after the baby goes to bed, so I just like hopping on and fucking around by wiping out a fort or hunting a couple mercs.

Getting my fire set and burning heathens with the power of agamemnon...

And porking everything I could

Oh you get tons of shit with story.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Where can I find these cultists, and can I pork them before/after looting their legendaries? Blazin Blazin Regime Regime help me out here, I need to maximize efficiency here.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where can I find these cultists, and can I pork them before/after looting their legendaries? Blazin Blazin Regime Regime help me out here, I need to maximize efficiency here.

They come into play in the third region. Just follow the main quests with the Oracle in Pikalos (or something like that). Once you finish that main quest line, it will open it up and then it's a matter of tracking them down.

While legendaries are nice, this game is very much like most loot based games. You change it out so frequently early on, it's not worth stressing the color of your gear. Yeah you can upgrade it, sure, but honestly the expense of it is just dumb.

For me the fun is basically picking a direction and doing any quest markers that show up from the message boards (various signs in villiages and what not) and ?s that are in my path. Clearing out points of interest is really fun for me. The story is ok. The overall plot is very well thought out, but the dialogue is way too modern and the revisionist history regarding women and people of color is a bit cringe worthy in my mind, so I don't really pay too much head to it. I'd love to play as the chick if she wasn't built like Michelle Obama and have bigger man arms than the male character. Stuff also scales with you, at least as far as I can see, so you never have to worry about outpacing the content.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users