Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just wish they were louder when your ship was sailing in 3rd person. I more often than not will just zoom back in to my character just so I can hear it better lol

Speaking of which I need to get back to 100%ing this game, I already have like 80 hours or something and I'm still not even really close

joz123

Potato del Grande
I got the base game as a gift for xmas, is the season pass worth getting for 30 bucks since its on sale at PS Store?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The first DLC is terrible so far, and since Ubisoft offended the worst bunch of lunatics on the internet ('shippers') and is going to bend over backwards to capitulate to their demands in the third part it will probably get even worse. The second pack is still far off but it's going to be more mythical creature stuff which already felt out of place to me in AC's world just in the base game.

I only paid $10 to get Gold instead of base so all they need to do is make the AC3 + Liberation remasters due out next month good and I'll be happy since I never got around to playing those. Definitely would not pay $30 for it though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got the base game as a gift for xmas, is the season pass worth getting for 30 bucks since its on sale at PS Store?
I haven't played it (or beaten the base game) but I know personally by the time I beat an assassin's creed game I'm pretty much exhausted by the AC gameplay for a year or two and the idea of doing a DLC right after is laughable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can't tell if the mercenary system is a terrible copy of the nemesis system from Shadow of War. Either way it's a missed opportunity. Even just a basic effort at randomly generating mercs that hunt you down, kill you and then talk shit would be amazing in AC.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's definitely an inferior system. Their complete lack of personality or character traits just makes them randomly generated NPC's. I was only 2 hours into Shadow of War and I already encountered a nemesis that I came to loathe because not only did he never fucking stay dead, but he kept coming back at the absolute worst times and often get me in the process. I remember the little shit and his stupid toothy grin to this day.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm levelign 16 now. Even though the fort battles and mercenary system feel like an inferior copy of shadow of war, I still really enjoy them and feel like they flesh out the game's narrative quite a bit.

I've pretty much been rushing the odyssey main quests and the levels of the quests seem to be staying at my character's level. I'm not sure if the game is designed that wya, but I kind of expected to get out leveled by the main quests quite quickly, requiring me to do side quests and adventure on my own.

Vorph

You can never outlevel anything in AC:O. I'd strongly recommend setting the level scaling to heavy too, no matter what difficulty setting you use.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I prefer to play on easy and walk around Greece like a God, murdering everyone that draws steel on me. Or says something rude. Or breathes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

You don't have to play on easy to do that. I one-shot nearly everything I come across even on hard or whatever it's called, and the cyclops and Artemis quest animals were trivial with Hero Strike. Only way the game is hard is if you choose your abilities wrong, since the whole warrior tree is trash besides the heal and the passives.

Even if you stick with easy difficulty, setting scaling to heavy just makes your loot better.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You don't have to play on easy to do that. I one-shot nearly everything I come across even on hard or whatever it's called, and the cyclops and Artemis quest animals were trivial with Hero Strike. Only way the game is hard is if you choose your abilities wrong, since the whole warrior tree is trash besides the heal and the passives.

Even if you stick with easy difficulty, setting scaling to heavy just makes your loot better.
You one shot mobs with what? At level 19 with every piece of gear I have having assassination damage, even my critical assassination doesn't one shot other level 19 boss mobs.

I switched to nightmare for a while. I might go there again if it gets harder, but on nighmare a lot of tougher mobs would one or two shot me and it got a little too tedious when the error margin was so low. I couldn't tell if they did more than increase mob hp / dmg, but I think they might've made them a little smarter. ITs' hard to tell.

Vorph

Yeah I'm L70 and almost done with the game, it wasn't quite so easy at lower levels because you need skill points and the upgraded spear so you're allowed to max things out. Having the full Pilgrim set and some good weapon enchants helps a lot too. I'd say around L40 or so it all came together since that's about when I got the second to last spear upgrade. My gear is all +assassination and crit on full life stuff, which lets Rush Assassination take care of nearly everything (+4 of their friends) in one hit. What you can't assassinate directly, Hero Strike makes short work of instead.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Im goin the war/ass route cause i tend to be lazy and not want to stealth everywhere. Im like 17 or 18 right now and doing every side quest in the area before main mission.

• 1Repost

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm L70 and almost done with the game, it wasn't quite so easy at lower levels because you need skill points and the upgraded spear so you're allowed to max things out. Having the full Pilgrim set and some good weapon enchants helps a lot too. I'd say around L40 or so it all came together since that's about when I got the second to last spear upgrade. My gear is all +assassination and crit on full life stuff, which lets Rush Assassination take care of nearly everything (+4 of their friends) in one hit. What you can't assassinate directly, Hero Strike makes short work of instead.
I've just been playing the game like normal and yeah, the crit on full life stuff seems like an obvious trait to stack given how easy it is to regen health in combat and how the entire genre is organized around you opening up from stealth.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One thing I really like about AC:Od is the addition of the "Exploration Mode" where they don't just put a marker on your map and you run blindly at it. Only thing I wish was they went even further with it and removed even more map markers. It's all too frequent I'll be given clues to go somewhere, and then when I track the quest there's a marker on my map even though I have all the clues.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
One thing I really like about AC:Od is the addition of the "Exploration Mode" where they don't just put a marker on your map and you run blindly at it. Only thing I wish was they went even further with it and removed even more map markers. It's all too frequent I'll be given clues to go somewhere, and then when I track the quest there's a marker on my map even though I have all the clues.
REMOVED more map markers? I can't even see half the fuckers that are there already.

UBISOFT is full of anti-colorblind Nazi prejudice fascist shitlords.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My free UPLAY copy of this game via Project Stream is ready to download. If you participated it might be in your account too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
ultimate edition is $40 on xbox live for a week, probably hit that price on PSN tomorrow. Absolutely nuts how fast the price drops, game is less than 3 months old. Ultimate edition gets you also AC 3 and AC Liberation remastered when they release in a few days (?)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/assassins-creed-odyssey-ultimate-edition/brqgnr1pzhp4

if anyone is playing on PS4 I have a dlc code for the blind king pre order DLC, i think you get it with any digital purchase but if you want it (free) just PM me