Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I spent a lot more time doing random locations, and stuff than I thought. Seems like I am not as far along with the main story as I thought. Looks like the 50% XP increase messed with my perception of where I was.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess I spent a lot more time doing random locations, and stuff than I thought. Seems like I am not as far along with the main story as I thought. Looks like the 50% XP increase messed with my perception of where I was.
I got pretty far in the main story, but have had a lot more fun just hunting cultists and letting that drive my progress. Most of the cultists are discovered from doing thr bigger side quests, so its not like i can just blitz through them.

I also finally paid attention to recruiting lieutenants and wish i did it sooner. The lieutenants empower both ship and boarding battles, which i felt a little underpowered in.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I ran into an issue where my manual savegame got corrupted and the cloud saves had been silently failing all morning. Lost about an hour of progress. Not upset about it or whatever but I'll be cycling through my save slots from now on. Still really enjoying the game.
Even this didn't save me. Something started to silently fail in my saving / syncing and now the latest sync'd game is from several days ago, and the latest local savegame is half an hour old. This is despite me making several manual saves in different slots.

I think there might be something goofy about my system though as I was experiencing some delayed actions / unable to restart my PC earlier when I noticed something was off. Going to reinstall windows.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This game is fun, in a mindless sort of way, I rushed to 50 thinking that's where I can fine tune my gear. Dropping extra grind afterwards on my head where you have to keep upgrading your stuff is pretty scummy. The mercenaries are a) ripped off and b) really boring. I like how the game is relatively grounded, but that makes all the supernatural elements stand out and not in a good way. It took me a while to realise that most of the timed quests are terrible padding, but some of the side quests have been enjoyable so far. Overall I'm wondering if I'll finish it 50 hours in, because the grind is kinda wearing me down. The main quest is like the biggest hits of greek mythology and history just dumped together, but some of the side quests have half competent writing. Cultists are cool, just them being gated by the main story limits you a lot. Although once you get lvl 5 Spear, the game bends over and hands you the lube, a single overpower combo becomes an "I Win" button

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I personally think if they continue doing this large open world RPGs for Assassin's Creed that they take a page from Nioh's handling of a historic setting. Mix in the mythology much more profoundly. The problem with having worlds this large is simply the fact that there are only so many ways you can render a human. Yeah you have soldiers and bandits and all but in the end they are all very similar. Instead of relegating the mythological to just a handful of bosses, why not mix in some other creatures from the mythos and mix things up a bit. Also, the grind was never too bad for me as while it was mindless, I'd just pick random forts and go ham just to see how crazy I could get it. It was quite fun and I'd always walk out with some major exp/rewards.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Even this didn't save me. Something started to silently fail in my saving / syncing and now the latest sync'd game is from several days ago, and the latest local savegame is half an hour old. This is despite me making several manual saves in different slots.

I think there might be something goofy about my system though as I was experiencing some delayed actions / unable to restart my PC earlier when I noticed something was off. Going to reinstall windows.

Sounds like your hard drive is failing fatty

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I personally think if they continue doing this large open world RPGs for Assassin's Creed that they take a page from Nioh's handling of a historic setting. Mix in the mythology much more profoundly. The problem with having worlds this large is simply the fact that there are only so many ways you can render a human. Yeah you have soldiers and bandits and all but in the end they are all very similar. Instead of relegating the mythological to just a handful of bosses, why not mix in some other creatures from the mythos and mix things up a bit. Also, the grind was never too bad for me as while it was mindless, I'd just pick random forts and go ham just to see how crazy I could get it. It was quite fun and I'd always walk out with some major exp/rewards.
I agree to some extent. I want to see some shit. And it's not like they can't just say the ancestor is crazy and thought he was fighting aliens/demons/monsters/whatever, or that the Old Gods had monsters anyway.

I'd love to have a hyper-fantasy treatment of ancient Indian religion, fighting Kali, Ganesh and everything else. That'd be more Gods of War than AC, but whatever.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree to some extent. I want to see some shit. And it's not like they can't just say the ancestor is crazy and thought he was fighting aliens/demons/monsters/whatever, or that the Old Gods had monsters anyway.

I'd love to have a hyper-fantasy treatment of ancient Indian religion, fighting Kali, Ganesh and everything else. That'd be more Gods of War than AC, but whatever.

Right they already have most of any explanation they want already baked in with the whole super human race thing as that was kind of their angle from the beginning. This is really a problem with all games trying to be historically accurate and be expansive. Hell Nioh even suffered a bit from lack of variety. Although I think it's way overblown to be honest. Each region had a theme and most of the yokai followed said theme (and made up the bulk of the main enemies in any given level). But AC:O is legit near the biggest area game I have played and honestly even I got worn out on it (it usually never bothers me) near the end. I'd also like them to make the "leader" enemies at every fort be something more than just a guy who hits harder and has more hit points. Make them bigger, make them stand out, give them moves and make them like a boss. In the end I definitely think this one was a great step in evolution over Origins, but they still need to flesh out the RPG side of things for the next one.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I blew through the main story and up to 2nd Episode of the DLC and I think I'm finally done with the game. Once you hit decent Warrior damage, -1 adrenaline for Overpower moves, the game just bends over with any heavy weapon+fire damage basically deleting 4 enemies per combo. I made it up to lvl 67, but the endless grind to upgrade your legendary gear stopped being interesting around lvl 50. Ship never starts being interesting besides requiring obscene amount of materials to upgrade. The main story ends up being laughably stupid and convoluted. They definitely took some pages from Witcher 3 as far as world design goes, but they still fail to fill it with interesting quests or decent characters. Either they need to embrace the myths to shake things up more, or they need to make you substantially weaker compared to the world, because you end up playing a superhero in a normal world.

I liked how some enemies point out that you are the greek Hitler by killing everything and everybody and it seems like the game might have a point, it's just that literally the next step in the quest is "kill these helpless civilians, lol" with no way around it.

Also unmasking the ghost of cosmos was real fucking underwhelming, especially with the explanation that she was actually working from the INSIDE and ist the good guy/gal. Oh fuck off.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The game is 75% off on the PS store. Picked up the Gold edition for $25 and will be playing through this since I'm tired of grinding Destiny 2. I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Got the ultimate edition on sale on PS4 over Christmas. I wrapped up the 3 main story lines in the vanilla, and just finished the first DLC Legacy of the First Blade.

Game is legit awesome as far as I am concerned. I have about 60 hours in so far. The first DLC I just finished up was some of the best DLC I have played (Still haven't finished Witcher 3 or that DLC ). The voice acting and Alexios is one of my favorite characters of all time. The humor is great, his reactions are hilarious, and some of the lost greece quests had me rolling on the floor. Especially the one where someone was his imposter on an island and you had to figure out what was going on.

Graphics are ridiculously good, HDR, 4k, etc - all shine. Controls are fun and the abilities are fun. Going to start fate of Atlantis tonight and see if I can wrap up some stuff. I may even try for my first platinum. Not bad for $29.99 for the ultimate edition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Got the ultimate edition on sale on PS4 over Christmas. I wrapped up the 3 main story lines in the vanilla, and just finished the first DLC Legacy of the First Blade.

Game is legit awesome as far as I am concerned. I have about 60 hours in so far. The first DLC I just finished up was some of the best DLC I have played (Still haven't finished Witcher 3 or that DLC ). The voice acting and Alexios is one of my favorite characters of all time. The humor is great, his reactions are hilarious, and some of the lost greece quests had me rolling on the floor. Especially the one where someone was his imposter on an island and you had to figure out what was going on.

Graphics are ridiculously good, HDR, 4k, etc - all shine. Controls are fun and the abilities are fun. Going to start fate of Atlantis tonight and see if I can wrap up some stuff. I may even try for my first platinum. Not bad for $29.99 for the ultimate edition.

I actually just started playing this again too, I'm at 157 hours on steam and I just run around searching for shit. Found a few cool things that aren't marked on the map, like a mountain on one of the islands having a sword implanted at the top and a little note speaking about training. Not that it really has anything to do with the game, but it's part of why I have so many hours lmao. I'm 100%ing everything, every single spot on the map I can get to. I'm almost fully done with it too.. now I just.. need to go actually finish the main quests.

But yeah, my original issues with the store are still there but since they added missions for the currency you use I have less problem with it. Plus most of that gear sucks from what I've seen.

Game has SO much content, a lot of it good, some of it mediocre - and the fact that ubisoft actually made it so you can create your own stories and play other people's stories is mindblowing to me for a game of this size.

All the rumors about the next ass creed being Viking themed has me so insanely stoked

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I actually just started playing this again too, I'm at 157 hours on steam and I just run around searching for shit. Found a few cool things that aren't marked on the map, like a mountain on one of the islands having a sword implanted at the top and a little note speaking about training. Not that it really has anything to do with the game, but it's part of why I have so many hours lmao. I'm 100%ing everything, every single spot on the map I can get to. I'm almost fully done with it too.. now I just.. need to go actually finish the main quests.

But yeah, my original issues with the store are still there but since they added missions for the currency you use I have less problem with it. Plus most of that gear sucks from what I've seen.

Game has SO much content, a lot of it good, some of it mediocre - and the fact that ubisoft actually made it so you can create your own stories and play other people's stories is mindblowing to me for a game of this size.

All the rumors about the next ass creed being Viking themed has me so insanely stoked

Yeah I am really fired up to see what they announce if it is as good as Odyssey. And more than likely a launch title for next gen systems. I hate to say it but I wish this combat system was in Witcher 3. Legacy of the First blade is SO well done that I actually felt emotions for Alexios.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I am really fired up to see what they announce if it is as good as Odyssey. And more than likely a launch title for next gen systems. I hate to say it but I wish this combat system was in Witcher 3. Legacy of the First blade is SO well done that I actually felt emotions for Alexios.

Man, I love the world of the Witcher but yeah... the combat is dogshit. The rest of the game is so good that it kind of makes up for it but I just put that shit on the easiest possible difficulty so I get it done with as quick as possible tbh

I haven't even really touched the DLCs yet in assassins creed. I honestly waste a whole lot of time, lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have yet to finish this, think I'm halfway through. The game started getting bad fps every now and then, like dropping to 5fps untill i rebooted it so kinda gave up. Have this been patched?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have yet to finish this, think I'm halfway through. The game started getting bad fps every now and then, like dropping to 5fps untill i rebooted it so kinda gave up. Have this been patched?

Yeah multiple patches but when was the last time you played?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Shit on games less and listen to Reg more.

• 1Ice Burn
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah my Gamefly rental on Vanilla to buying the ultimate post patches made a world of difference. The XP grind was taken out and you could option into straight level match ups and not be under leveled, and the story and humor got better but I was stuck doing a lot of side quests in vanilla that didn't click for me (They still dont unless they were greek isles lost quests) but the patches really made this game fun.