Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I rented it, should be here today but yeah Ubi is fucking with that shit and trying to normalize what will get called out and what won't.

Seeing a lot of that as well. Forcing a grind to get people to gravitate to the XP boosters. Which is bullshit.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
i'm 25, and I am outleveling the content by quite a bit, but I am a completist so doing everything on each map, all POI, all sidequest, all the bounties etc..

If you're just sticking to the main quest, you'll defenitly going be under level and need to grind, if you consider actually doing the game content grinding. )

Outleveling isn't the right word since content level with you up to a point, most of what I do now for main story is always 2 level below me. Basically at 25 if I am in a level 22-28 zones, everything will be 25 to 28, the 22 to 24 levels up. If am in an lower zone like 10-15, everything will be level 23...2 levels under my level. It will be like this for quite a while for me as the next few zones are lower than my current level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, the "waaaaah I need to grind" sounds more like "waaah I want to just do the main quest and not do the side content".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok yeah I played Origins and saw the same argument but the only thing that pissed me off was having to do a bunch of leveling up just to do the last few story missions to finish the story. If it's the same, that's fine in my opinion. I am still waiting for the darn rental to show up so wasn't sure if they changed it for the worst being they will have 2 years to recover from a PR mistake if they tried it.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody have any advice on which gender to choose? Mainly wondering which voice actor is better.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, I'm loving the VA on Kassandra. I like her snarky tone.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Played the first couple hours. So far so good. Skill trees seem good. Game is epic looking on X. Highlight so far are the dialogue options and humor.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Got it yesterday for PC.

Got the weirdest bug\hardware problem. It defaulted my native resolution to 4k, same as my monitor, but it went black at the opening screen. Didn't crash, so not the processor issue, could still hear sound, but when starting it, it flickered and got little blue dots everywhere and green lines like my graphic card was broken.

Tried installing drivers, changing them, entering commands to the exe, nothing worked. 10+ restarts and, while still flickering I managed to get to the menu before it turned completely black, switched to 1080p and it cleared right up.

Playing as Kassandra as I saw a stream on Twitch where the chat recommended it to the streamer due to voice acting, and I had previously seen DansGaming play it a bit as the male and I thought the voice acting for him was horrible. I don't mind hers at all.

Played it for 2 hours and enjoy it. Basically a reskinned Origins.

Downside of the game is that I am fairly sure that gathering crafting materials and exp has been artificially lowered to increase grinding to add the incentive to buy the micro transactions under "time". Playing only on Hard instead of Nightmare to negate that somewhat since the need for upgrades is lowered as well as my playstyle of doing everything before I move on will probably keep me somewhat overleveled for every zone even without the exp boost.

Microtransactions other than cosmetics in full priced games should be illegal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
damn this bitch sounds 100x better than the dude, play the vag

the animations for alexios seem significantly better, but kassandra's VA seems significantly better. ugh.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How do people like this compared to Origins? We picked that up w/ our One X and never really got around to playing it. I am interested in the setting of this one but am only playing it because of the Project Stream stuff. Going to need to switch to female after seeing that VA video I think.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I get distracted too easily. 50 hours in, 41% total progression and 37% regions discovered. I’m level 36, I’ll most likely be 50 with 25% of the story left to do if not more at this pace.

I complete the snake set, so all in with poison build right now and all points I can invest in assassination and the rest in warrior, zero in hunter right now. Poison not super useful on regular mobs because they die so fast already but it’s great on bigger ones.

Most of my gear is within 2 level or so of my level so not real issue with upgrading my gear at this point.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Agreed, heard so many complaints about it that I decided to boycott this game.

20 hours in, no need or obviously offer of MT. As normal it was just retards crying on the web. This game is amazing and it’s your loss that you got suckered into overeaction hype.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So yesterday I played about 10 hours.

1) I can feel the grind setting in.

2) I wish they would get rid of the Abstergo crap all together. I don't care - they already completely messed that up, and I just want to see what will happen with Alexio's story.

3) Ship combat is still very fun.

4) Humor and Dialogue options are dimishing from the opening area. I hope this picks up again because some of the one liners were hilarious.

5) Combat and Skill trees are well done and you want to try other specs.

6) Tons of varying game mechanics. Ship Combat, Bounties, Side Quests, Main Quests, Mercs, and another that just popped up for me
Cultists

7) Video and sound design is spectacular.

With that said, number 1 is what I am concerned about the most. After 10 hours I am level 13 (Maybe 14..) and need to start doing side quests now to be able to start on the main quests again. Also, I am running out of money (So will probably do a few bounties). Mats are not that hard to come by because you are always able to dismantle all your crap gear you won't ever use. And make sure to log into the ubiclub for some good skins for your ship, etc.

I feel XP is coming in too slow (Slower than Origins that's for sure) and considering they sell a permanent XP boost of 50% on the Helix MT shop, I think that's pretty damn weak. Last time we saw that was with SWTOR but that was a free to play game. They need to equalize the XP gains and if people want to move through a couple side quests and then the main story lines, let them do so but now I feel like I am going to have to force myself through scouting other islands within my level range to hit side quests to level up. Which I guess forces me to look for unique things I may not see otherwise, but it is still annoying.

Par for the Course though in true "Ubisoft creative" fashion they dropped on the ball on the first historic place I came too early in the game.

When you are in Ithica and at Odysseus's palace. The whole thing is in ruins. At least they could have placed those rings Odysseus's shot his arrow through when passing his own first test of stringing his bow on the ground in the palace. Anything here really... It was just a normal copy paste ruin. And it isn't like we are talking thousands of years. It would have been 200-300 years that have transpired. Some of that shit is still standing 2300 years after the fact and in most cases a lot longer than that.

This game severely needs more mythology IN THE GAME PLAY, and less about "Oh let's run here and open this chest and read about it".

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2) I wish they would get rid of the Abstergo crap all together. I don't care - they already completely messed that up, and I just want to see what will happen with Alexio's story.

i don't remember what game started it, there were a few games in the middle that i missed, but i remember when black flag came out there seemed to be a drastic shift in the abstergo stuff. abstergo entertainment is a brilliant idea. it's been talked about already, but they seriously just need to drop all the abstergo stuff outside of it just being a meta thing where they make VR games about all different points in history. you could even start making games about historical legends like st george and the dragon, king arthur, stuff like that. the only time you see anything about abstergo is when the game starts and when it ends.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
With that said, number 1 is what I am concerned about the most. After 10 hours I am level 13 (Maybe 14..) and need to start doing side quests now to be able to start on the main quests again. Also, I am running out of money (So will probably do a few bounties). Mats are not that hard to come by because you are always able to dismantle all your crap gear you won't ever use. And make sure to log into the ubiclub for some good skins for your ship, etc.

I feel XP is coming in too slow (Slower than Origins that's for sure) and considering they sell a permanent XP boost of 50% on the Helix MT shop, I think that's pretty damn weak. Last time we saw that was with SWTOR but that was a free to play game. They need to equalize the XP gains and if people want to move through a couple side quests and then the main story lines, let them do so but now I feel like I am going to have to force myself through scouting other islands within my level range to hit side quests to level up. Which I guess forces me to look for unique things I may not see otherwise, but it is still annoying.

I think we have a different definition of grinding. :)

Right now in the main story, I’m in Korinthia which is listed as a 19-23 zones, and I’m level 37 so I’m 14 levels above the intended level for the storyline. XP isn’t a problem. I have been in no regions other than the ones that the main story has sent me so far.

Now granted, I do all the side quests and bounties I run across in those regions and uncover all the POI. I don’t consider this grinding though, for me it’s just playing the game.

I mean whether it’s Horizons or Spider-Man, I always do that explore the entire zone and do all side quests and activities before moving on, pretty sure both those games are impossible to complete if you don’t do most of the side stuff too.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I mean whether it’s Horizons or Spider-Man, I always do that explore the entire zone and do all side quests and activities before moving on, pretty sure both those games are impossible to complete if you don’t do most of the side stuff too.

You can run through both games without touching a lot of the side content. It will guide you there, but you can easily skip it and just stick to the story quests and not have a difficult time finishing the game.

Here, however, you are distinctly level locked and there would be zero chance of survival even on easy mode to get through encounters where if you just played through main quests, you would be severely underleveled.

Subjectively, obviously, but I didn't have a problem with side activities in HZD or Spiderman because I didn't have to do them to progress. Here, I am forced too, and that's what I do not like about it. I may have a few hours to play at night or something, and I want to advance the story, but my play time will be relegated to doing side activities to get to an appropriate level to continue what I wanted to do in the first place that particular night.

It hasn't gotten to the point of ridiculousness yet, but Ubisoft is notorious for filler content and it usually gets boring as fuck around hour 20.

I wouldn't be complaining if I had more Clash of the Titans side quests. So far I only know of one which I saw in a game play preview which I have not made it too yet, and I haven't seen anything up to now in my first 10 hours aside from a missed opportunity with Odysseus.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You can run through both games without touching a lot of the side content. It will guide you there, but you can easily skip it and just stick to the story quests and not have a difficult time finishing the game.

Here, however, you are distinctly level locked and there would be zero chance of survival even on easy mode to get through encounters where if you just played through main quests, you would be severely underleveled.

Subjectively, obviously, but I didn't have a problem with side activities in HZD or Spiderman because I didn't have to do them to progress. Here, I am forced too, and that's what I do not like about it. I may have a few hours to play at night or something, and I want to advance the story, but my play time will be relegated to doing side activities to get to an appropriate level to continue what I wanted to do in the first place that particular night.

It hasn't gotten to the point of ridiculousness yet, but Ubisoft is notorious for filler content and it usually gets boring as fuck around hour 20.

I wouldn't be complaining if I had more Clash of the Titans side quests. So far I only know of one which I saw in a game play preview which I have not made it too yet, and I haven't seen anything up to now in my first 10 hours aside from a missed opportunity with Odysseus.

Fair enough. As I said it doesn't bother me, and actually I don't see it at all because it is how I approach all open world games. I mean I'm 14 levels above the main story requirement right now. :)

• 2Like