Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy crap the gift that keeps on giving:

This Month in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – January 2019

I'm still not done with the main game yet. Hit 50 and unlocked the mastery thing. And I still have December's stuff to get through AND now this.

I'm still waffling between all out Melee Warrior or Hunter. I love my Hunter but Jesus it just breaks the game between Devastating Shot and Ghost Shot. I can clear an entire fort from a distance and not being caught. I much prefer Warrior's actual gameplay but the time to kill is by orders of magnitude longer and you are caught within the first couple of fights and not long after you are also dealing with multiple mercanaries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ubisoft is definitely doing a great job with this game and the post launch support.

New Cyclops, this is short but always fun. :)

The Lost Tales haven't been that great but it's something to do, but the first part of Legacy of the Blade was pretty good so looking forward to the next chapter.

The new features isn't something I actually expected from them though and has been a pleasant surprise. Level cap to 70, mastery system...and now new mercenary tiers, new engraving ranks 6-7 and new engraving merchant, and also being able to adjust the enemy scaling in the settings are pretty all unexpected and pretty cool.

Here's hoping they do this more in the future.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ubisoft is definitely doing a great job with this game and the post launch support.

New Cyclops, this is short but always fun. :)

The Lost Tales haven't been that great but it's something to do, but the first part of Legacy of the Blade was pretty good so looking forward to the next chapter.

The new features isn't something I actually expected from them though and has been a pleasant surprise. Level cap to 70, mastery system...and now new mercenary tiers, new engraving ranks 6-7 and new engraving merchant, and also being able to adjust the enemy scaling in the settings are pretty all unexpected and pretty cool.

Here's hoping they do this more in the future.

That is the stuff I'm most excited for. Yeah the DLC stuff is cool but like you have said, it's just a few hours tops. I wish they'd addpot an MMO model and at least release new "Raids" or areas. I guess in the end that paid DLC will equal a full on expansions worth but doling it out over months seems kind of unnecessary.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone crashing on PC since the new update? I decided to wait until now to get Odyssey to avoid the initial bugs. Oh the irony. I can’t even launch the game without crashing. All drivers etc are updated and I never have issues with other games, verified the files etc.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I never noticed this until now. At the beginning, just after Ubisoft logo

20190112_222955.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1OK, Sure
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it was there on the very first Ass Creed and pretty much every other Ubi game since then. The stuff after the last comma is new-ish, I think AC Origins added it? It's like the game industry version of "I can't be racist, I have black friends." as a preemptive response to any criticisms along those lines. Eidos games have something similar too, and Hitman 2 still does even after breaking away from Square Enix.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I don't see it as a preemptive response to criticism. Granted there is an industry now where idiotic activists create a grievance so they themselves can be the solution to those grievances and the cancer of social justice worriers is infecting business everywhere. But was there ever any valid reason for concern from gamers who just couldn't enjoy Ubisoft games because they weren't sure the company was diverse enough and the company was like, you know what, instead of having to field thousands of inquiries about our diversity levels we should let everyone know we ARE diverse at the start of the game every time it loads so they don't have to worry about it when they're playing our games!

Just like I don't think most vegans are just preemptively answer questions about their dietary requirements or preemptively defending their lifestyles against valid criticism. Most vegans think they're morally superior and want to make sure you're made aware of their superiority.

Many of these game studios, like a lot of businesses, have been infected by idiotic social justice bullshit to the point they're now becoming the social justice bullshit.

I'm open to being wrong if someone can explain why I need to know the company that created a game I'm about to play was made by people with a diverse range of gender identities.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never noticed this until now. At the beginning, just after Ubisoft logo

View attachment 189477
That's what I meant when I was saying I don't care what they identify as, these people just know how to make fun as hell games. And honestly after going through the late game Athens story line, you can totally infer any and all hyperbole on Trump (Kleon) and the deep state (the cult), and it really worked. Greatest moment in gaming is when Socrates shows up, pitchfork in hand, to bust you out of trouble. This game has been so good, I've bought watch dogs 2 and I will look to get Far Cry 5 as well. I just love how they approach game design as it relates to the story and world (gameplay trumps everything else).

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I really enjoyed this, and am wondering if Origins is worth picking up on sale?

As far as I’ve read, most feel that Odyssey improves on Origins in almost every way.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I really enjoyed this, and am wondering if Origins is worth picking up on sale?

As far as I’ve read, most feel that Odyssey improves on Origins in almost every way.

If you like Egypt, it's fun. I think most liked this better because of the time period and more ship battle. Other than that they are fairly identical. (I also liked Alexios a lot better than the Egypt guy who I already forgot his name) a lot of the humor fell flat in Origins.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Origins looked much better before Odyssey came out. It's a great open world game that's wholly in the shadow of Odyssey now. IMO, don't bother with Origins unless you love Egypt or you've already played Odyssey and want more.

• 1Like

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
The items and skills are not nearly as well fleshed out but I still enjoyed Origins, I enjoy the Egyptian setting though.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Going to repeat what everyone else said just to reaffirm them. Origins will feel way watered down compared to Odyssey just because that was their first attempt at adding in the RPG elements. It's still a great game, but if the character building was one of your main appeals, Origins will definitely feel more hollow. Origins was also way more focused. There isn't much for ship battles and what is there is really on rails. The story is much tighter as well. The "merc" system in that one is static and not as broad. (There are like maybe 10-15 of them and once killed, they are dead for good with no replacements). The assassinate target tree is also way smaller. I think there are like 5 or 6 when Odyssey has what? 50? And lastly, there are no conquest battles/missions. Many of the things in Odyssey are improvements, but some aren't (Focus in gameplay and story for me) but one thing is true across the board: Odyssey has way more of everything, so overall it is a much better package in my eyes, but Origins was still a very good game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Downloading this now, got it for $30 on steam. Hopefullyi t won't let me down as much as origins!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
so far I love this game, way more interesting than AC:O.

But....... they really need to knock off with the "every item you find is a level or two higher than you so put it in your inventory and you can equip it after you've forgotten about it."

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also i wish the sea shanties were in english, louder and had subs so i could sing along like the dork i am

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think the gear level thing is due to skipping side quests or something. The gear I was getting was almost always level appropriate.

I completely agree about the shanties. They were the best part of Black Flag, but fell short in this.