Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

spronk

FPS noob

Launches Oct 27th for PS4/Xbone/PC

I'm in, i love egypt, I like Asassin's Creed, and even the worst game of the series (AC3, Unity) were still good enough games for me.

spronk

FPS noob
Another gameplay trailer

It does look like Ubi is just fucking mashing up everything they do - drones (Ghost Recon), open worlds, towers, vehicles (horses), animals (Far Cry Primal), etc. Not gonna be a 10/10 game for sure, but meh I'll wander around Egypt and climb tombs for 20-30 hours

I wonder what the fuck is going on with the modern day story, the AC/Templars stuff seems like this is going to be, literally, an Origins story

spronk

FPS noob
and yeah typical ubi there are a million versions

E1vKmcJ.jpg

i would recommend only buying the standard edition on console, playing through, trading in, and then rebuying the game a year later when the gold is 75% off and you can play through everything. or just skip the launch and do the second thing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got some AC fatigue - but damned I love me some historical egyptian stuff - and getting away from the animus stuff looks like a good break to have for a bit. I'm way more hyped than I thought I'd have been before today.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The eagle is an interesting add-on (granted, I don't do many modern shooters, so I'm not tired of drones), and the changes to the combat mechanics may have potential, and it's nice to see them going back to a pre-gunpowder time period. Eh, I'm at least intrigued; we'll see if it works out.

sukik

I'm ready to kick of another season of the Ubisoft formula with this and then another Far Cry installment. I liked the engine Syndicate used but the story was abysmal so hopefully they use the same engine but get some better writers. I won't hold my breath. One thing Ubisoft has always done well is world building and there's a lot going on in 49 bc.

The Ptolemies have been in control of Egypt since Alexander's death in 323bc. The culture of Alexandria would have been wholly Hellenistic Greek. The current ruler is about to be replaced with his sister Cleopatra(the famous one) in 48bc by Julius Caesar during his civil war. In the span of 15 years the Ptolemies will have been discarded by Caesar Augustus and the province will basically become his personal property and bankroll. Depending on how long they want to spend during the game we have some big events like Pompey's murder by the Ptolemies, Caesar installing Cleopatra, Mark Antony using Egypt as a base to oppose Octavian and Octavian taking over after defeating Antony/Cleopatra. The time and place is uniquely situated so that you can plausibly, with video game logic & storytelling, pull people from all over the Roman Republic and remainder of the Hellenistic world then watch the end of both the Roman Republic and Hellenistic Greece.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I'm going through Black flag again as we speak. I'll replay Rogue (my personal fave) and skip replaying Unity and Syndicate before this I think.

The writers for Black Flag have been working on just this since Black Flag. I'm hopeful.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm really looking forward to running around in egypt, its one of my favorite places in the world (historical, not current) and if it is even half as immersive as 14th century Italy was in AC2 this could be my GOTY

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Black flags devs: check
Leonard cohen: check

Even Utnayan Utnayan is secretly jizzin his pants

Basically they took the skill system from black flag, some eagle shit from far cry primal, and threw it in Egypt. I'll wait for reviews. :)

Rude

Potato del Grande
This game will probably end up being as good as the movie was

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That video Regime posted reminded me of just that. Ha. Fucking awful.

Also is that the Candyman doing the voice over?

sukik

I think we all know what the Origins theme song should be

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
ComplicatedBruisedGrackle.gif

Think I'm gonna cancel my PS4 pre order and buy the XB1 gold edition when it goes on sale at target for 50% off around Christmas and play on X early next year. Kinda weird how a new console made me CANCEL a new game pre order lol

Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein release on the same date too

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sorry man sounded like the Cadnyman. Yeah Spronk if you are getting the Xbox One X and have a good 4k, definitely wait. Looks pretty good. Price will be dropped 50% within about four weeks anyway :) With that said, Ubisoft is notorious for this false pre release marketing shit when it comes to graphics. I would wait to see what digital foundry says.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user