Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm level 34 now, no idea how far down the progression...
I just helped Cleopatra retake the throne

It's just now starting to get a little stale, but I'm still having fun.

My first AC game, and I only got it because I saw open world + skill progression + randomized item traits and I knew it was my style.

Grundge

Trakanon Raider
Started to give this game a go. Having fun so far but the whole leveling thing is really annoying. Looks like they threw this shit in to artificially slow you down.

At level 7 I finished the main quest and side quests in Siwa but have to get to level 10 for the next main quest.

Been just running around killing random shit. Apparently killing citizens isnt allowed. Found out I have a horse which runs much faster than the camel. It is way easier to hunt animals on it than chasing after shit on foot with a bow. That and apparently you can pick up quests to revenge noobs that got killed.

Wish I could just jump into the story line without side tracking like this. The story itself doesn't seem all that intruiging in the first place and now I forgot what was going on so.. not the best way to tell/experience a story.

Whatever I will keep at it, for now.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The world they built is the best part of the game. As for the story, it's better than Syndicate but the some of the character development and the ending was pretty lacking. They have room to clean it up in the DLC or sequels so we'll see.

Specifically:
Aya has no character development. She's mad then she's just gone and after she kills everyone in Rome they set up the Assasain's bureau but there's no explanation as to why. I have a suspicion that they fell into the trope of wanting Aya to be the idealized "strong independent woman" but she just comes across as a sociopath. Bayek is only interesting because he's more human in his journey through the game. Minor complaints because AC is full of poorly portrayed characters. The biggest sin for me is the lack of an explanation as to why the Assassin's guild becomes permanent. Also Because, y'know, everyone is dead. They give some mealy mouthed death to tyrants and Aya girl power outro, but that's not really an explanation.

spronk

FPS noob
They put in a tourist mode this week (accessible from main menu) I think it may even be free for everyone. Its actually pretty cool, you spawn into the world as a PC (can choose from like 15 skins) and then can visit various town and historical sites and take a "tour", where there are 5-10 tourist points and when you visit one a narrated scene occurs, where an actual historian (I think) tells you the history of the spot you are at and facts about it while the screen shows maps, sketches from history books, photos, and a ton more. Its absolutely awesome historical context and information, all of it is new to the game, and you cannot attack or be attacked or die (even falling) while in this discovery mode so its easy for kids and non gamers to try it.

Wife absolutely loved walking around the pyramids and hearing a historian talk about it, I can just imagine how crazy it'll be in a few years with VR mode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They put in a tourist mode this week (accessible from main menu) I think it may even be free for everyone. Its actually pretty cool, you spawn into the world as a PC (can choose from like 15 skins) and then can visit various town and historical sites and take a "tour", where there are 5-10 tourist points and when you visit one a narrated scene occurs, where an actual historian (I think) tells you the history of the spot you are at and facts about it while the screen shows maps, sketches from history books, photos, and a ton more. Its absolutely awesome historical context and information, all of it is new to the game, and you cannot attack or be attacked or die (even falling) while in this discovery mode so its easy for kids and non gamers to try it.

Wife absolutely loved walking around the pyramids and hearing a historian talk about it, I can just imagine how crazy it'll be in a few years with VR mode.
I think it'd be cool if they allowed for you to activate these virtual tours in the normal mode.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Discovery Tour was amazing and for achievement hunters super quick finish.

I wrapped up the Hidden ones DLC. Once again amazing open world and setting for this game based in the Sinai. Very fast DLC and the only thing that takes time is leveling up on side quests and forts. Side quests were fun but repetitive which is fine.

Main Story of DLC was still a bit jarbled but they finally appear to be (maybe lol) bringing us closer to what we know of as the Templar Order.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I don't mean to sound harsh, but it just gets repetitive after a while. I'm having more fun doing the scrolls and trying to find puzzles and treasures. It's a beautiful game, but the main story does not really grab me and the fighting..meh. All imo. I enjoyed W3 abit more. I like loot, i like puzzles. This has both, but i guess it just doesn't grab me. Prefer the pirate one.