Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sorry man sounded like the Cadnyman. Yeah Spronk if you are getting the Xbox One X and have a good 4k, definitely wait. Looks pretty good. Price will be dropped 50% within about four weeks anyway :) With that said, Ubisoft is notorious for this false pre release marketing shit when it comes to graphics. I would wait to see what digital foundry says.

I've had a blast with Wildlands. The HDR is smoking on that game dude.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Sulrn

Deuces
I've had a blast with Wildlands. The HDR is smoking on that game dude.

I can't find a non-retard / hispanic crew crew, myself. Visually though I must not have my settings set correctly (at max) as the game doesn't strike me as gorgeous.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't find a non-retard / hispanic crew crew, myself. Visually though I must not have my settings set correctly (at max) as the game doesn't strike me as gorgeous.

You got a 4k monitor/TV because yeah it looks great with HDR on.

The guys definitely get harder once you are hitting the army. I agree though the cartel guys are dumb lol.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm going to play on my xbox one X as its first game so sadly i will be missing the launch by two weeks or so, I expect the game to be 30-40% off though by black friday

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hGeka-tbSzaXv-HN_kpNyA.png

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Sulrn

Deuces
One month away! Anyone have high expectations?

At this point I'm starting to think that every game you consider purchasing is infected.

Tuco, you are the bane of the gaming genre. Stop buying games so we can make Gaming Great. No, Really Exit. (GGNoRE).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At this point I'm starting to think that every game you consider purchasing is infected.

Tuco, you are the bane of the gaming genre. Stop buying games so we can make Gaming Great. No, Really Exit. (GGNoRE).
If it makes you feel better I haven't bought an assassin's creed game since black flag!

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I like the direction of moving it more in the rpg direction a la Witcher 3, but being Ubisoft I’m sure it will be plagued with micro transactions and bugs

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stopped after black flag

Loved ezio trilogy minus Desmond

Hated the indian one

Which newish ones should I play to prep for this?

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i wouldn't play anything before this, its going to turn you off Origins since the AC series is fairly repetitive. The only game's you should have played are the Ezio Trilogy (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) and AC4 and you've played those.

AC:Syndicate (London, 2016) isn't bad but but not amazing, and if you play that and Origins soon after you will get bored and quit Origins I'm 99% sure. Its better just to jump straight into Origins, since it takes place like 4000 years ago none of the games are going to make any difference story wise.

Maybe in a year or two after you finish Origins you can go back and revisit Unity (Paris) and Syndicate (London), both have flaws but are sorta interesting to wander around and explore the city for a while, but only at deep discounts and definitely more for a little bit more of AC Lore than actual good game.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I haven't been excited for an AC game since Black Flag, I can't believe I'm considering buying this one day one.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kinda sorta a little, know a lead artist on this game. He's been raving about the non-game-play mode of this release where you can just explore completely outside of any mission requirements. Sounds like he's waaay vested in that portion of it, and they spent a ton of resources in environmental immersion. My impression is they are pushing an almost vr aspect of exploration around ancient Egypt. So even if you don't want to play the 'game' you can just go on a virtual vacation. Not sure if they'd offer that as an educational version without any combat?

Sulrn

Deuces
And people wonder why core game play hasn't ever evolved in an AC game.

• 1Solidarity

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stopped after black flag

Loved ezio trilogy minus Desmond

Hated the indian one

Which newish ones should I play to prep for this?

I thought the first 55% of Syndicate was good. Got a kick out of the detail/accuracy (with glaring exceptions, though) they put into Victorian London. If you can get the game cheap, the first half is worth it and its a visually pretty game world to explore if that matters to you (it does to me). After that it just bogs down into terribly repetitive content for the sake of content.

Black Flag was much superior.