Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not a story guy and I really think trying to drive a tight narrative in these massive open world games is futile. With that said the story is pretty basic overall, and they try to make it more grandiose than its foundation can handle. There are parts where they try to surprise you and it does not add up (Litopolis).

And the gameplay. There is an issue when you make a game set in realism and historic accuracy. It majorly limits you on what you can inhabit the world with and you run into the problem Ut brought up. It all becomes samey very quickly. To compound that, when you do try to hit Evey point because you are a nutbag like me, you get way over leveled very quickly. I am in a part that is mid teens in level range and I am almost 24.

I don't regret paying 60 bucks for it but yeah if you waited this long what's another month?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I am 50 hours in and I have come to the opinion that the main plot is serviceable at best. It does a decent job of propelling you through the game's world. However, the side quests have been way more interesting to me. Now granted, I enjoy the combat enough that running around and terrorizing soldiers and bandits endlessly is a ton of fun. Mix that in with those bounty Hunter boss guys and I definitely do not regret my purchase.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I want my money back.

I didn't enjoy it at all, and I'm pretty disappointed with everything this game has to offer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Spent the weekend at a cousins house. He got AC4 Black Flag.

I think I was more excited to watch him play that than to come back and try to play AC Origins again. Just about everything about that game was better, but I think the character being a swash buckler made the game just more fun to play, and exploring islands and the open seas is so much better than desert

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I love Origins... but again it's my first AC. In fact Origins insists on yanking you out of Bayek and forcing you to play as his dumb as dirt wife in bits, and it's mostly ship battles, so it makes me think that I wouldn't be too down with that. I set the difficulty to easy and just blow through them as quickly as possible. Then they make you play as her full on for a couple missions, and it's a very gimped version of Bayek, so did the same thing there.

The main story just goes to absolute shit in the latter part of the game. I'm at a point where the targets tab is completely full, and I have two hits left, so I think I'm really close to the end, and seriously once you get done with finding the four or five you get just after Alexandria, it just goes full on retard. The side quest stories are infinitely better than the main story, and they improve as you get deeper in the game. So at this point when I see the diamond shaped !, I stop and do them as they are pretty entertaining and interesting to go through.

I personally love the combat and the world so it was worth it to me, but the main narrative went from serviceable as a vehicle to get you to the next area to complete shit very quickly. As far as desert... it's really not though. There is desert areas for sure, but there is also a ton of tropical farm land as well. In fact you spend the meat of the game going south on the banks of the Nile, so very little desert through the meat of the main story parts. As a stand alone game, I think it's definitely worth the trip 8/10 for me. However, as the latest game in a very established series, I think it's way too much of a departure for long time fans for them to enjoy.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I love Origins... but again it's my first AC. In fact Origins insists on yanking you out of Bayek and forcing you to play as his dumb as dirt wife in bits, and it's mostly ship battles, so it makes me think that I wouldn't be too down with that. I set the difficulty to easy and just blow through them as quickly as possible. Then they make you play as her full on for a couple missions, and it's a very gimped version of Bayek, so did the same thing there.

The main story just goes to absolute shit in the latter part of the game. I'm at a point where the targets tab is completely full, and I have two hits left, so I think I'm really close to the end, and seriously once you get done with finding the four or five you get just after Alexandria, it just goes full on retard. The side quest stories are infinitely better than the main story, and they improve as you get deeper in the game. So at this point when I see the diamond shaped !, I stop and do them as they are pretty entertaining and interesting to go through.

I personally love the combat and the world so it was worth it to me, but the main narrative went from serviceable as a vehicle to get you to the next area to complete shit very quickly. As far as desert... it's really not though. There is desert areas for sure, but there is also a ton of tropical farm land as well. In fact you spend the meat of the game going south on the banks of the Nile, so very little desert through the meat of the main story parts. As a stand alone game, I think it's definitely worth the trip 8/10 for me. However, as the latest game in a very established series, I think it's way too much of a departure for long time fans for them to enjoy.

If Origins was your first ever AC, I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest Black Flag. It's the only AC worth a damn in my opinion.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Origins was your first ever AC, I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest Black Flag. It's the only AC worth a damn in my opinion.

My hang up is I absolutely hate stealthy game play. If I don't have to sneak around and back stab, then I'm golden. And after the ship battles in origins, not sure I would like that about black flag either. The only reason I gave Origins a shot was because you could go toe to toe and not have to sneak around, and for the most part that is absolutely what I do 90% of the time, unless I'm sneaking to the brazier to trap it in an area I haven't killed the bounty hunter guy in yet. So can is it viable to not stealth in Black Flag?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
My hang up is I absolutely hate stealthy game play. If I don't have to sneak around and back stab, then I'm golden. And after the ship battles in origins, not sure I would like that about black flag either. The only reason I gave Origins a shot was because you could go toe to toe and not have to sneak around, and for the most part that is absolutely what I do 90% of the time, unless I'm sneaking to the brazier to trap it in an area I haven't killed the bounty hunter guy in yet. So can is it viable to not stealth in Black Flag?

There are definitely a couple forced stealth missions. When there isn't though, I run around and kill everyone on the island :)

But I also really loved the ship combat, exploration of islands, treasure hunting, using a dive bell to find things which then you avoid sharks, etc. Shark/Whale hunting with spears and using the materials for upgrades, etc.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will definitely give it a try. I got the expansion from PS+... not sure why we didn't just get the full game but whatever (Yes I know the expansion was stand alone but still).

With that said, I beat the main quest last night. Story went from serviceable to crap in the last third. Couple that with the fact that you play most of that last third as his wife who they just kind of "scale" to what they think you should be at with one melee weapon and one bow, regardless of what you use on Bayek. Was totally jarring and infuriating at the same time. I have spent all this time building and customizing Bayek and his gear, why do I want to play his wife all of a sudden for the climatic battles with generic gear and limited skills, all to score some SJW womyn points? Oh well, I still like the over all game play, and will explore all the maps and kill the Phylakes that are left before hanging it up.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Story time:

So I had a spare key for AC:O on Uplay that I got alongside a motherboard. I tried to give it out in a giveaway on reddit but it ended up in a fiasco where the key apparently doesn't work.

I spoke to the admin, and apparently they guy who I tried sending it to has a tendency to lie about this or whatever. He told me it doesn't work but I have no way to know whether he was lying about that and used it, or if he was really too stupid to use it correctly.

To cut to the chase: I have a spare key that may or may not work, that you have to redeem on Uplay, and I'm willing to give it out to someone so long as you accept that it might not actually work anymore and it's a long shot.

If you're interested PM me and I'll send it to you, and I'll update or delete this post once I know.

Edit: Key didn't work :( Thanks for the help though.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Can this whole series be played via PC steamLink with a wireless 360 controller?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Can this whole series be played via PC steamLink with a wireless 360 controller?

I haven’t tried it yet, but it doesn’t say it’s compatible unless you have a steam con.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

Yes. Steamlink works with Xbox 360/one wired, wireless, dualshock 3/4 wired or wireless and any logitech controllers.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Its a pretty repetitive game with the quests but I am enjoying wandering around old ass egypt, the map is fucking insanely huge. Easily the biggest video game map I have played in a long, long time. It feels very 2008 MMO-ish in how you go to a hub, snag a bunch of quests, go around fedex'ing them all, upgrade yo shit, and then move on to the next hub. Which is a really weird experience in 2018 but I kinda like it. Once.

I really hate the use of egyptian language in the NPCs background chatter talk, it just sounds so weird and alien-ish compared to the italian of ac2, french of unity, etc. And its just a few words so you keep hearing the same things over and over and over and over.

still, fucking around with the tombs and temples of ancient egypt/greece are fucking awesome