Assassin's Creed Shadows

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've been wondering about this whole situation. How are people misusing "woke"? For a long time, I only heard people on the left using the word and it was very much intended to be a positive "with the cause" word. Now, though, the word gets interpreted by the left as some kind of pejorative and only the non-left uses it.

The turning point seemed to be Floydamania 2020, when a lot of people outside the left noticed their new religion and started pushing back on it. Suddenly "woke" was being used primarily as a negative "with the destructive cause" type of word and people on the left totally walked back from using it.

So now it's taken on its latest form as the left basically avoids using it and regards it as an epithet because it was co-opted by people who aren't in their club.

I've never seen a word go from "good" to "bad and we don't use it" so fast with a collective of people. At the end of the day it's a descriptor for whether someone's "with it" or not. If people on the left don't want a spotlight being shined on what "with it" means, I don't know if that counts as the word being misused. It's more that it just means a lot more people outside the left noticed it who aren't participating in the imaginary worldview that a woke populace = utopia.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Assassins American Inventors. Can only hope they lose shitloads of money and all the faggots end up jobless homeless and starving in the streets.

n6wmzieamevi3eqkcwz9.jpg

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Assassins American Inventors. Can only hope they lose shitloads of money and all the faggots end up jobless homeless and starving in the streets.

n6wmzieamevi3eqkcwz9.jpg

It's okay for black people to like Naruto. And the chick cosplaying an assassin has nice boobs. Not sure what point is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's okay for black people to like Naruto. And the chick cosplaying an assassin has nice boobs. Not sure what point is.
My first thought was... well we can't be posting that here. Does gorilla shoulders have nice boobs, I need a fact check here by our resident man-bag expert Bandwagon Bandwagon

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My first thought was... well we can't be posting that here. Does gorilla shoulders have nice boobs, I need a fact check here by our resident man-bag expert Bandwagon Bandwagon
I need to see balls to assess balls.

If you want to assess the likelihood of someone being a troon or not, you need to ask one of our many residents troon lovers.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't look like a man to me.

Also I'm going to guess that the two people in that picture don't know each other and the guy ambushed her for a picture, given that the guy is leaning in and the woman has the hand closest to him clenched.

Anyway, back to Assassin's Creed. Considering it took until Syndicate for us to even get a playable female (and Unity had a gorgeous redhead assassin who SHOULD have been playable), I'm guessing now with the DEI we're never going to get to play as anything like this:

Assassin's Creed Female Assassin.jpg

In the age of Stellar Blade and people wanting hotness, imagine how well this AC game would sell. Set it in Victorian England and we're off to the races. Oh well, maybe in another timeline.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rajaah, I've avoided dunking on you in the past because you have always seemed genuinely stupid instead of malicious.

That said, goddamn you're an idiot.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah, I've avoided dunking on you in the past because you have always seemed genuinely stupid instead of malicious.

That said, goddamn you're an idiot.

It isn't okay for black people to like Naruto? The woman with boobs is a man? What's the issue here?

Regardless, I appreciate you knowing that I'm not malicious, that's something in this day and age.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've been wondering about this whole situation. How are people misusing "woke"? For a long time, I only heard people on the left using the word and it was very much intended to be a positive "with the cause" word. Now, though, the word gets interpreted by the left as some kind of pejorative and only the non-left uses it.

The turning point seemed to be Floydamania 2020, when a lot of people outside the left noticed their new religion and started pushing back on it. Suddenly "woke" was being used primarily as a negative "with the destructive cause" type of word and people on the left totally walked back from using it.

So now it's taken on its latest form as the left basically avoids using it and regards it as an epithet because it was co-opted by people who aren't in their club.

I've never seen a word go from "good" to "bad and we don't use it" so fast with a collective of people. At the end of the day it's a descriptor for whether someone's "with it" or not. If people on the left don't want a spotlight being shined on what "with it" means, I don't know if that counts as the word being misused. It's more that it just means a lot more people outside the left noticed it who aren't participating in the imaginary worldview that a woke populace = utopia.

Its politics, that's why I just put it as a sig for bait because the term was always positive until...yeah - pointless to debate it because it seems it wasn't massively known until it was used as a weapon - anyways carry-on good chaps!

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Considering BoozeCube has been on government welfare most of his adult life, him wishing Ubisoft designers to go jobless is just him asking for company.

There is zero problem with non-Japanese people loving Japanese culture. Weebs take that too far, of course. Blacks who are into Japanese / anime / samurai culture is a significant market in the USA, but they're probably well-reached by AC games without a black protagonist. Staying true to the culture and history of an area or time in history miiight confer a bonus to sales locale to that area or aficionados. I'm curious if say, AC Origins had higher sales in Egypt than AC Valhalla, but I'm sure the market is tiny either way.

I know I'd personally be much more interested in an AC game if the levels and history were somewhat accurate. That might be a bit more relaxed like chilling with Hippokrates or fighting minotaur's in AC Odyssey, or be more serious like exploring what historians believe really happened or what a given setting really looked like. It's harder to do that with a protagonist that will likely disrupt the entire game.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I do not want to defend Ubisoft, if you look at the wiki for Yasuke, you'll that while he's a very minor character in history, there are a lot of novel, plays, manga, anime, games that have made use of him far more than his historical role warrants. I guess the novelty of a black man in Japan during that era lends itself to interesting stories.

I doubt this will be anywhere as good as Ghost of Tsushima which for most people will be the definitive "AC" in Japan

• 1Slow
  • 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
While I do not want to defend Ubisoft, if you look at the wiki for Yasuke, you'll that while he's a very minor character in history, there are a lot of novel, plays, manga, anime, games that have made use of him far more than his historical role warrants. I guess the novelty of a black man in Japan during that era lends itself to interesting stories.

I doubt this will be anywhere as good as Ghost of Tsushima which for most people will be the definitive "AC" in Japan

Basically he was a slave. And as of right now edits and re-writes are happening all over the Wiki not based on * any * credible fact of history.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hope this is trash because I don’t want to want to play it. I didn’t play Mirage because it was apparently so short and couldn’t be bothered with the dlc for Valhalla, that game was so mediocre at best and downright retarded at worst.

They'll keep making this shit until you weak willed men stop buying it. It keeps festering because you can't learn some discipline. Get it together.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Basically he was a slave. And as of right now edits and re-writes are happening all over the Wiki not based on * any * credible fact of history.

Not a slave. More like a court jester. He was a human oddity. Imagine being Japanese during the 16th century and having never seen a black person before, and also probably a whole foot taller than the average Japanese male of the time. He was just part of Oda's Traveling Circus of Human Oddities. If that two-headed conjoined twin was somehow alive back during that time she/they would have been part of Oda's entourage as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users