AssHat 2023 Final Four! Vote Now!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Oh shit, Ossoi Ossoi and Araysar Araysar (like always) just got BTFO.

Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen. I take no pleasure in beating up on retards, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

and Edaw Edaw like always you are a gentlemen and a scholar.

See you guys next time

lol did you even watch that video?

Their whole argument for Rocky in fight 1 is Rocky winning "10 or 11" in a row - the "public juice is on Rockys side because everyone loves Rocky" - so an emotional reasoning rather than a logical one with zero mention of those fights being hand picked.

"well that sucks because we just lost on him (Canelo" - yeah, these guys establishing their credibility and logic with a recent loss lol.

Lmao even when you think you've won you've lost

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The Daily Show Ok GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Scared Season 3 GIF by FOX TV

impractical jokers laughing GIF by truTV

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Oh shit, Ossoi Ossoi and Araysar Araysar (like always) just got BTFO.

Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen. I take no pleasure in beating up on retards, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

and Edaw Edaw like always you are a gentlemen and a scholar.

See you guys next time

lol why is he running away?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How do you faggots even remember Rocky this well? Quick poll, how many of you have rewatched it since the argument began? Followup question, how many of you don't really remember the movie and are winging it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
How do you faggots even remember Rocky this well? Quick poll, how many of you have rewatched it since the argument began? Followup question, how many of you don't really remember the movie and are winging it?

There's no need to re watch it when you can go to YouTube and pull up the exact scenes that support my argument with quotes from the key characters.

It shouldn't even be necessary to do that when the movie beats you over the head with how lazy and complacent Rocky has gotten.

Notice who is the only person arguing against the actual main characters lmao and using one line from a ringside commentator to claim victory.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not following who is claiming what here, you all seem retarded.

I haven't seen any Rocky movie but even I know that he has the shit beat out of him in Act 1 making him the underdog, finds himself and has a training montage in Act 2, then then squeezes out a win in Act 3. Then next movie has new threat and repeat.

Anyone with a brain knows that he will win in the end because the movie is named after him, so the movie needs to construct some immersion and suspension of disbelief so that the audience perception matches the in-universe perception of him as the underdog.
yes, thats the movie formula Sly uses. its not his formula, its the basic formula most movies use to tell a story. also known as The Hero's Journey.

What is the hero’s journey?​

The hero’s journey is a widely recognized storytelling pattern that has been used for centuries in literature and mythology. It is a framework that helps writers create compelling stories that resonate with their readers by depicting a protagonist who goes through a transformative journey. The journey usually involves a series of challenges that the protagonist must overcome in order to achieve their goal. The hero’s journey is also known as the monomyth, a term coined by Joseph Campbell in his book The Hero With a Thousand Faces.

The monomyth, or hero’s journey, is a storytelling pattern that transcends genres and time periods. It is a timeless concept that continues to be relevant today because it speaks to universal themes such as self-discovery, transformation, and growth.
when Rocky faces Clubber for the first time he is the underdog because thats how the story was set up. but the twist here is that Rocky was already the champ for several years and was undefeated in defending his title. so in the context of the movie, he was favored to win because he had defended his title many times already. the people in the movie did not know what we the audience knew. they did not know that rocky had gone soft, that he no longer wanted to be a fighter. they knew he was going to retire, but they didnt know why. his personal trainer/manager knew because he saw Clubber fight and straight up wreck every opponent's shit. he knew Rocky would lose. so these two are arguing semantics. one thinks the audience knew rocky was going to lose because we followed the movie and they were running the Hero's Journey playbook even though most dont know the term. they just know that midway through the movie, our guy, our hero is going to get his shit pushed in and by the end, he battles back and wins. the other thinks that of course we know Rocky is following the Hero's Journey, duh. but the characters in the story think everything is fine until it isnt.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
when Rocky faces Clubber for the first time he is the underdog because thats how the story was set up. but the twist here is that Rocky was already the champ for several years and was undefeated in defending his title. so in the context of the movie, he was favored to win because he had defended his title many times already.

so these two are arguing semantics.

Yes and that was established in August

1000008655.png

Except his counter claim didn't specify "from the perspective of someone inside the movie, not the audience"

Lang making the "fighting bums" claim also weakens the "rocky defended his title so therefore was favourite to everyone inside the movie" because that accusation would surely have generated discussion and analysis of Rocky's opponents.

As would Lang being #1 contender

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
HBO played all 4 Rocky movies nonstop through the 80s. then it went to Cinemax and replayed many more times. i have seen the first 4 movies dozens of times each and can quote lines from the film. there was never any argument about this retarded shit because we knew Rocky would get a setback midway through and then Rocky wins in the end. fucking Eddie Murphy made a comedy bit about it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
HBO played all 4 Rocky movies nonstop through the 80s. then it went to Cinemax and replayed many more times. i have seen the first 4 movies dozens of times each and can quote lines

Thanks for summing up your entire personality in 2 sentences. But no one asked for that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thanks for summing up your entire personality in 2 sentences. But no one asked for that.
i also have seen hundreds or thousands of other films multiple times during the same time period. for whatever reason the video store near my house had a special version of Nightmare On Elm Street with spanish subtitles. i rented that movie so many time i was able to quote the movie in fucking spanish. dont limit me to just one set of films, i am proficient in many others

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
lol did you even watch that video?

Their whole argument for Rocky in fight 1 is Rocky winning "10 or 11" in a row - the "public juice is on Rockys side because everyone loves Rocky" - so an emotional reasoning rather than a logical one with zero mention of those fights being hand picked.

"well that sucks because we just lost on him (Canelo" - yeah, these guys establishing their credibility and logic with a recent loss lol.

Lmao even when you think you've won you've lost

It's over, Bro. You lost. The movie backs me up, people discussing how massive of a favorite he was shows you lost. Maybe post that simpson's meme some more saying how 2 characters in a movie is "everyone".

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's no need to re watch it when you can go to YouTube and pull up the exact scenes that support my argument with quotes from the key characters.

It shouldn't even be necessary to do that when the movie beats you over the head with how lazy and complacent Rocky has gotten.

Notice who is the only person arguing against the actual main characters lmao and using one line from a ringside commentator to claim victory.

Yeah crazy how after being proven wrong you decide to try and argue completely separate things. "HUR DURR ROCKY WASN'T AN UNDERDOG TO THE PUBLIC BECAUSE OF A PRIVATE CONVERSATION!!! I KNOW MOVIES!!!"

lol then you got smacked down like the fucking retard that you were by multiple videos.

Suck it, faggot. It's also hilarious how you brought Araysar Araysar into this and I bitch slapped him too :trump:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yeah crazy how after being proven wrong you decide to try and argue completely separate things. "HUR DURR ROCKY WASN'T AN UNDERDOG TO THE PUBLIC BECAUSE OF A PRIVATE CONVERSATION!!! I KNOW MOVIES!!!"

1700441706501.png

Yes, a conversation that took place in front of the media is clearly a "private conversation"

You're literally claiming victory because of a two minute analysis from 3 people (none of whom mention the "fighting bums", whilst also having previously dismissed my external sources, lol

1700441823262.png

It's incredible that you're always the first one to run away from this debate and then come back trying to claim victory.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 501113

Yes, a conversation that took place in front of the media is clearly a "private conversation"

You're literally claiming victory because of a two minute analysis from 3 people (none of whom mention the "fighting bums", whilst also having previously dismissed my external sources, lol

View attachment 501114

It's incredible that you're always the first one to run away from this debate and then come back trying to claim victory.

IT'S OVER. YOU LOST.

"HE'S NOT AN UNDERDOG BECAUSE HIS OPPONENT SAID HE WAS GONNA BEAT HIM!!!" is officially the dumbest thing you've said in this whole argument. Accept your L. The movie said he was the favorite. We have videos discussing just how big of a favorite he would be, ranging from -550 to -700.

There's no coming back from that. You're running off pure autism at this point and have zero argument.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
View attachment 501113

View attachment 501114

STOP FUCKING DOGS

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
"HE'S NOT AN UNDERDOG BECAUSE HIS OPPONENT SAID HE WAS GONNA BEAT HIM!!!"

We went over this yesterday. I know you're literally brain damaged but the fact you can't recall a conversation from 24 hours ago suggests it's worse than I thought

1700442809577.png

You're straw manning "his opponent also recognises that Rocky is fighting bums" into "his opponent said he was gonna beat him"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even if there was no sign that Clubber was stronger and hungrier than Rocky, we the audience knew that Rocky was going to lose that first match because it happened early in the film. but since the trailer tells you that Clubber was a badass and Rocky was lame. before you watched the movie, you were expecting Rocko to lose going in. but we also knew Rocky would win by the end. there is no underdog. Rocky was always going to win. it was only a surprise to the characters in the film.