Atlas

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was getting horrible input lag. Almost a second. Kept flipping through lowering options and it kept going away and coming back.

Eventually I figured out that if you alt tab and tab back, boom big input lag. Tab away and back again and it goes away.

So if you alt tab, remember to do an addition switch and switch back.

Even in super potato daggerfall mode I'm only getting around 25 fps though.

Anyone figure out tattoos?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Almost 1900 reviews on steam. Mostly negative, 31%. Ouch.

I'm still waiting to buy it.. but.. if you're retarded enough to spend money on an early access game I guess I can't really expect these people to know the launch of a "mmo" is not going to be smooth, ever, and never has been.

Like half those neg reviews are about being stuck in main menu or it being similar to ark

also
jiir18lmdx521.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ya I think it looks fun as hell, wife and I are gonna try it out next week, these types of games are the only types she likes

Oldbased

> Than U
The biggest issue I've found so far is for people who want to run the default game map through hosting.
See for example $13 a month gets you one "zone". The issue is that since it is the ONLY zone you must select a newbie area, which limits you to level 8 which you get in about an hour and you have to leave that zone to advance. The problem is that is another $13 a month and a shared link cluster server. If you clear the content in that then you guessed it. Another $13. Even the $93 package is only like 6 of these shared server zones. The default game has like 600 or so of these zones.

Lots of people who want to use the ocean map and 3rd party hosting are going to be very pissed pretty quickly.

Some solutions is toggle to remove the level restriction. The other viable option is use the editor to make your own zone as the zone size is pretty massive, about the same as a Ark map. This won't be so much a issue once people can play the main servers stable or mods get released from the community but for now there is thousands who paid for hosting, most of which are in for a nasty surprise.

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ark Dev 1: Man, loot boxes and cash shops are getting a lot of flack. What do we do?
Ark Dev 2: Make the public servers dogshit, then allow people to rent their own servers. But the catch is the "server" is just one small zone and to progress, they have to rent more servers!
Ark Dev 1: Brilliant!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Gave the servers a shot. Loaded into the middle of the ocean and quickly got killed by a school of eels.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think a lot of people's concerns is this was obviously an Ark dlc that was turned into a higher priced game with a different name to avoid having to give it to all the Ark Season Pass owners for free.

Which also happen to be primarily the most hard core Ark fans. So they're milking their biggest fans in a pretty crass way.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think a lot of people's concerns is this was obviously an Ark dlc that was turned into a higher priced game with a different name to avoid having to give it to all the Ark Season Pass owners for free.

Which also happen to be primarily the most hard core Ark fans. So they're milking their biggest fans in a pretty crass way.

isn't it 25 bucks which I think is what they charged for ark dlc?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Probably but if you bought the season pass you get a deal or something. I haven't played Ark much. I bought it, none of the expansions, but that's the complaint I was seeing on the steam reviews page, that the product is a shoddy reskin of Ark that rips off the Season Pass buyers.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm pretty sure they said a while back that extinction was the last expansion in the pass. And the end of ark.

And I think atlas is cheaper than individual expansions.

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That wouldn't surprise me but the steam user base is currently review bombing this game into oblivion, as well as youtube reviews, over shit like that.

So I dunno. Game looks like it has potential, but Ark's performance was so bad every time I tried it I haven't messed around or kept up with anything from those devs in awhile.

Oldbased

> Than U
They put in a toggle and optional value so you can set home max level to whatever you want. So at least those buying just a single "zone" are no longer screwed.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That wouldn't surprise me but the steam user base is currently review bombing this game into oblivion, as well as youtube reviews, over shit like that.

I used to think the review bombing was a solid response but people also review bombed Artifact for not being Half Life. (yes, shouts of p2w exist but they completely omit half of the game modes purposely)

I still stand by if you buy an early access game you're a retard that doesn't deserve to be allowed to be mad the game has bugs lol

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I used to think the review bombing was a solid response but people also review bombed Artifact for not being Half Life. (yes, shouts of p2w exist but they completely omit half of the game modes purposely)

I still stand by if you buy an early access game you're a retard that doesn't deserve to be allowed to be mad the game has bugs lol

Agreed. Every MMO launch is a mess at launch, especially "Early Access" ones that basically allow in the normal population instead of true "early access" which allow like 1/20th of estimated server pops to actually test stuff. I've been playing or attempting to play since yesterdays fiasco and I'm not mad. That's the way these shitty things are. And all these nerds downvoting a game they never even set foot in are a bunch of fucktards. It's like me saying Alison Brie is an awful lay because she won't have sex with me.

Internet nerds are too strong with rage. I never played ARK and so far it's pretty fun with a group, but there's a lot of dumb shit. Especially those of us who were put in fake noobie islands that have basically no way off and not enough resources to continually survive/build a base. Once I met up with my friends who claimed an island it's been pretty fun. We're locked and loaded with guns and shit now and a shipyard away from fucking up some nerds.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's extremely unfortunate that people can't play but it kind of comes with the territory, I'm not sure why people ever expect a full release of a game immediately when this is essentially their first test lol. Then again it's probably years of AAA games offering "betas" which are really just demos so people get real salty when the game is actually in a beta state.

I don't get it.

I'm personally just waiting a lil bit until servers are a tiny bit more stable, I'll be behind but oh well.