Atlas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
My company quit when they got wiped by the Late Shift. Didn’t even take the land, just blew everything up and left.

Who has a opening for me to join?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh I forgot the best part yesterday, which I totally should have kicked stream on for:

We saw a new schooner so we sail up to them. Literally NEXT to them. We're naked except guns/lances etc. So we don't look threatening. They're a "trading" company. So we're talking to them, and slowly making our way on their ship via hopping from ours onto theirs. They don't even worry. We're like "oh nice tamed wolf, can you ride it?" etc. So they're just chatting us up, saying they're here to trade with one of the other Companies on the island. MEANWHILE one of us is planting an explosive keg. Just right on their deck. Next to their sail mast. Just fucking OUT in the open. We're keeping them talking while this happens a good 10 feet from them. Then I hear "ITS DONE" and *tick tick tick* BOOM!

They go "WOAHHH!!!! WHAT WAS THAT?" and we all feign "WOAH WHAT!" and they're all "ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?" and we just play it off "YOU GUYS HAVE GRENADES OR SOMETHING? THAT WAS WEIRD!" then eventually they figure it out. So we blast them and because they were here to trade, they have no respawn point. But the Company they're trading with has like 4 ships and a base at the shore. They start flooding out naked with guns. We're fucking blasting them and salvaging the Schooner which already sank. Then we see their Brig. It's dropping sails and opening the gun ports. We just have a sloop so we just fucking BOOK IT. They literally chase us for 30+ minutes, we make sure to lead them away from our base. Our cannon is on the front so we have no defense. But we managed to loot 50 fire arrows from them. So I'm full bow spec and just start hail marying these fuckers at like 600m. On my 9th arrow I hit their side and they PANIC! They fucking cut it and leave. One fire arrow. I didn't even get damage numbers. Pretty lulzy.

So smart people would let that be it. We're not that. We remember the name of their boat. Then we dump the loot at base, we get two rafts and we suit up. Guns, picks, and 3 powder kegs. Their brig is up next. We raft to their island, find their Brig. They're on it, but they're naked and ladders are down. FOUR OF US all get on the ship, kill them all, draw the ladders, and bomb their beds. Then bomb the rest of the ship. RIP Brig. We got murdered but SOMEHOW managed to salvage 2k fiber and 2k thatch from their ship on one of our rafts and take it home.

Basically no one in this game is PVP savvy and it's fucking great if you are. That is, if you can get around the CRUSHING lag. Nothing is more fun that loading your pistol after 8 seconds and having 1/99 shots in it and it just won't fire. Fucking fantastic.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Got my money worth already but I never bought it to play official servers. I've have 3 bugs, 2 disconnects in 100 hours on private servers. Game has been stable and I have never had rubber banding. That said, the dev kit is finally coming in the next few days and the reason I bought Atlas as said pages ago comes to life. I'm going to spend my free time developing a naval world more modern, probably shooting for WW2. Not sure I'll ever release it, I never did for my Ark stuff. Depends on how far I get with it or in the case of Ark, people made what I was doing faster and better than I could, but I enjoyed doing it.
My company quit when they got wiped by the Late Shift. Didn’t even take the land, just blew everything up and left.

Who has a opening for me to join?
Was that you on dasMehdi stream on a raft in the middle of nowhere asking for a company to join? That was great

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my money worth already but I never bought it to play official servers. I've have 3 bugs, 2 disconnects in 100 hours on private servers. Game has been stable and I have never had rubber banding. That said, the dev kit is finally coming in the next few days and the reason I bought Atlas as said pages ago comes to life. I'm going to spend my free time developing a naval world more modern, probably shooting for WW2. Not sure I'll ever release it, I never did for my Ark stuff. Depends on how far I get with it or in the case of Ark, people made what I was doing faster and better than I could, but I enjoyed doing it.

Was that you on dasMehdi stream on a raft in the middle of nowhere asking for a company to join? That was great

Nope. I mean when I last logged I was on a raft in the middle of nowhere, but I’m not to the point of begging. I could just join the Federation if I want to Zerg through.

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
Xev, please keep up with the good work!

I wish I could play, I'd be all over this grief fest.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So this game is EVE-lite where we let thousands of nerds waste far too much of their time so they can post stories we read in less than a minute and forget about by the next thread.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
So this game is EVE-lite where we let thousands of nerds waste far too much of their time so they can post stories we read in less than a minute and forget about by the next thread.

Pretty much. It's like any other survival mmo type game. You remember mega fucking people over for a little while, but probably not forever. I can't remember much about my H1 survival days except locking down Pleasant Valley to the point of no one coming in anymore. That and fighting chinese teleport hackers with my ass to a corner and a shotgun out.

Watching all these streamers like Grimmmz now in just mega mega guilds all with Galleons. It's what people think the game should be, but it isn't. You'd have way more fun with Sloops/Schooners with 1-4 cannons each battling each other than with 40 gun ships all gunned by AI that never miss. Oh well, hopefully I can stream some of the real nitty gritty terrorist stuff my team does. We're actually potentially going to strike up a deal with a mega guild to basically do hits on their enemies or even their friends for some of their resources. We're way better at PVP than their 200 man guild is and they're way better with their naked grunts mining iron for them 24/7.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been having fun on a friend's little 2x2 server. Had an awesome beautiful horse and a big fat bear that both got eaten by a lion. Built a big ass schooner and did a few treasure maps. Crashed on of my earlier sloops into a rock in the fog at full speed and sunk it :D

20190101183002_1.jpg

Got spawn camped by that crazy croc. Ended up punching it to death through a wall.

Goonsquad Officer
Hey, how do you guys deal with sharks and shit when scavenging from a wreck sunk deep? do you lead them away? or is there a gear set that guarantees victory vs sharks?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey, how do you guys deal with sharks and shit when scavenging from a wreck sunk deep? do you lead them away? or is there a gear set that guarantees victory vs sharks?
Best way to deal with sharks is to call a couple cheap hands down to the river with nothing and make sure to show. Let them know you'll follow them wherever they take you. Then muck a winner face-up on a small pot. Then sit back and wait until you get a top 5 hand and let them bet into you until you push on the river.

Then go get a couple lap dances.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, we upset the wrong people today. We sank a Brig they had (painted god awful pink/purple/blue named The Unicorn) in their base and salvaged most of it and ran away with all the loot. Then everyone little rat fink in their "alliance' tattled on every move we made. This led to this:

Apparently this was their commander:

Our defenses were actually decent for the 3 minutes it took us to put up, but I wasn't quite ready or prepared:

They came to land, SUPER leveled, pretty geared, but just the fucking WORST at PVP:

So they demolished our base. Every storage box, most all the huge walls, every piece of gear we had. Except some materials we had stored away. And that's where they fucked up. 3 hours later we're back, we've got a sloop headed to their homebase and we're ready to make them pay. This guild is 80+ people. We're 3.5 (one guy plays 2-3 hours every other night) people and we took it to them. HARD.

This is us seal team sixing their Brig, their schooner, their schooner, and their schooner within 3ish hours of them demolishing our base. We can do this even more efficiently. Basically they fucked with the wrong muchachos.

(15ish minutes)

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Well, we upset the wrong people today. We sank a Brig they had (painted god awful pink/purple/blue named The Unicorn) in their base and salvaged most of it and ran away with all the loot. Then everyone little rat fink in their "alliance' tattled on every move we made. This led to this:

Apparently this was their commander:

Our defenses were actually decent for the 3 minutes it took us to put up, but I wasn't quite ready or prepared:

They came to land, SUPER leveled, pretty geared, but just the fucking WORST at PVP:

So they demolished our base. Every storage box, most all the huge walls, every piece of gear we had. Except some materials we had stored away. And that's where they fucked up. 3 hours later we're back, we've got a sloop headed to their homebase and we're ready to make them pay. This guild is 80+ people. We're 3.5 (one guy plays 2-3 hours every other night) people and we took it to them. HARD.

This is us seal team sixing their Brig, their schooner, their schooner, and their schooner within 3ish hours of them demolishing our base. We can do this even more efficiently. Basically they fucked with the wrong muchachos.

(15ish minutes)

With the higher harvesting, faster sailing and less lag issues, battles will be more common. It's going to be a messy weekend!