Audiobooks

• Guest, are you interested in a joint EQ/FoH gathering next summer?

Go here so we can get your input!
    Join one of the Legendary FoH meetups and enjoy the added EQ goodness!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
26d 12h 30m
I've been listening to "The Greystone Chronicles" series. It's super enjoyable and insane quality narrators (has a male and female).

It's a slightly in the future VR MMORPG setup, where you can earn real money by playing the game. It's pretty enjoyable. It has me wanting to listen outside of when I normally would (driving, going to bed) which doesn't happen often. Highly recommend

Lendarios

Potato del Grande
I've been listening to "The Greystone Chronicles" series. It's super enjoyable and insane quality narrators (has a male and female).

It's a slightly in the future VR MMORPG setup, where you can earn real money by playing the game. It's pretty enjoyable. It has me wanting to listen outside of when I normally would (driving, going to bed) which doesn't happen often. Highly recommend
Giving this a try with a free credit,but the book is only 14 hours long =(

gshurik

Always on your mind
<Gold Donor>
15d 5h 2m
I've been listening to Mistborn, and I'm sad that I slept on that series honestly. Just reaching the end of the Well of Ascension atm.

How is Stormlight compared to it?

chaos

JunkiesNetwork Donor
22d 1h 36m
I've been listening to Mistborn, and I'm sad that I slept on that series honestly. Just reaching the end of the Well of Ascension atm.

How is Stormlight compared to it?
I actually like the Mistborn stuff a bit more than Stormlight. Pretty sure I'm in the minority though. They're both pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: Reht

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
26d 12h 30m
Finished the third Audio book in "The Greystone Chronicles" and I'm pretty happy with all of them. Waiting on the Audiobooks for 4 and 5.

I might start one of his other series, but there are a few other things I want to catch up on first.

I feel like this is my first exposure to LitRPG outside of Daemon by Daniel Suarez (which I feel like might not qualify?). Is there much good stuff out there? Preferably with narration as good as this, because it was excellent.

Lendarios

Potato del Grande
Finished the third Audio book in "The Greystone Chronicles" and I'm pretty happy with all of them. Waiting on the Audiobooks for 4 and 5.

I might start one of his other series, but there are a few other things I want to catch up on first.

I feel like this is my first exposure to LitRPG outside of Daemon by Daniel Suarez (which I feel like might not qualify?). Is there much good stuff out there? Preferably with narration as good as this, because it was excellent.
4 hours in.

and OMG it is soo cheezy!!!

So far it is like reading SAO, heavy mixed with wow mechanics.

Ritley

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
45d 8h 7m
Cheese personally doesn't bother me, as long as entertaining.
It’s not. This is the most cringe shit I’ve read in a long time.

This is literally in the book:

“Boss, if we lower fees on the in game auction house we will lose billions of dollars. We should do it because.”

“Brilliant! Let’s do it. Who’s idea was this?”

“Boss, it was mine”

“Well congratulations on your $1M bonus!”

• 1Cringe
Reactions: Blitz

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
26d 12h 30m
Give it a little more credit than that. The premise was to get people to use it instead of black market because black market is more convenient.

That was still completely unnecessary hey look we are the good guys though

Ritley

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
45d 8h 7m
Give it a little more credit than that. The premise was to get people to use it instead of black market because black market is more convenient.

That was still completely unnecessary hey look we are the good guys though
The “black market” was just people advertising in chat and trading in person. And it’s far from the only example, the whole book is basically hey look we are the good guys. I mean the main in game conflict is the main character being so buttmad that some people PvP in a VR game that allows PvP. And killing npcs gets you put into e-jail for a year.

Every premise of the book is pretty much garbage. The characters are about as one dimensional as you can get too. Maybe in later books it’s better.