Fucker

Log Wizard
https://i.redd.it/melp869nbq681.jpg
Yes! Scuba diving! Moar of what we all want!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are people more interested in this because its the sequel to Avatar or because its finally a new James Cameron film?

Sterling

El Presidente
People really seem to hate on the movie. It's very generic plotwise, but I thought it was fine if nothing special for that kind of thing. I'm sure I'll end up seeing these sequels at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Plot synposis from Wikipedia...

"13 years after the events of the original film, Jake Sully and Neytiri have formed a family and are doing anything to stay together. They are, however, forced to leave their home and explore the different regions of Pandora when an old threat returns to finish what it started."

Seems like it is going to have the same themes/characters/conflict from the first film.

I expect a dud.
They are going to gather natives from all over the planet who are each coded as different PoC, they hate each other at first but learn to work together and they all have powers that coincidentally will be great and dealing with different aspects of the human military. The humans will mostly be white, especially the leaders.

For Avatar 3 they can go to Earth in human bodies for some role reversal and see how badly the white people fucked up the environment, and gain the support of the human PoCs there to get space ships.

Avatar 4 will be finally defeating the white man in his space slave utopia.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People really seem to hate on the movie. It's very generic plotwise, but I thought it was fine if nothing special for that kind of thing. I'm sure I'll end up seeing these sequels at some point.
what drew me in was the hyped next gen technology in making the film. it delivered on that. no idea if they do that again. i just know that Cameron promised there would be a whole bunch of sequels soon after the movie became a huge hit and he hasnt done shit in 12 years except make underwater documentaries. he waited 12 years from Titanic to do Avatar. do those movies require waiting 12 years? is Cameron kind of a pretentious director?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who the fuck even cares for this?
13 years after Pocahontas in Space, what other existing property are they going to copy from?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always liked to think that, plotwise, they're in a corner. Blue space monkeys with spears and cave man technology would eventually run into the problem that the humans could just nuke them from high orbit... then mine the minerals they wanted unmolested.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who the fuck even cares for this?
13 years after Pocahontas in Space, what other existing property are they going to copy from?
I do care in a curiosity sense, Cameron likes making underwater films, but when he needs the cash, he comes back down to earth to reward us plebs with a T2, a Titanic or an Avatar. Although i would prefer a new original movie than a long awaited sequel.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
what drew me in was the hyped next gen technology in making the film. it delivered on that. no idea if they do that again. i just know that Cameron promised there would be a whole bunch of sequels soon after the movie became a huge hit and he hasnt done shit in 12 years except make underwater documentaries. he waited 12 years from Titanic to do Avatar. do those movies require waiting 12 years? is Cameron kind of a pretentious director?
Yeah thats the thing. Cameron has realistically never directed a bad movie, his sequels have always been more bombastic than the original, he always invents some new technology for his movies.

Plus these things have been in production for years and there have been near 0 set leaks. That in and of itself is some kind of Hollywood marvel.

These things should be the most interesting story in movies when they release, for good or bad.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah thats the thing. Cameron has realistically never directed a bad movie, his sequels have always been more bombastic than the original, he always invents some new technology for his movies.

Plus these things have been in production for years and there have been near 0 set leaks. That in and of itself is some kind of Hollywood marvel.

These things should be the most interesting story in movies when they release, for good or bad.
he did such a great job, nobody even talks about Avatar anymore. there is a theme park ride or something, but outside of that its been hush hush. maybe he should have been a little louder about all this other than "im making 4 sequels all in china and they will be out "soon"" over the course of 12 years. which is why i asked if people plan on seeing this because they gotta have more Avatar or because Cameron finally made a new movie.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
he did such a great job, nobody even talks about Avatar anymore. there is a theme park ride or something, but outside of that its been hush hush. maybe he should have been a little louder about all this other than "im making 4 sequels all in china and they will be out "soon"" over the course of 12 years. which is why i asked if people plan on seeing this because they gotta have more Avatar or because Cameron finally made a new movie.
Tom Hiddleston Marvel GIF by Nerdist.com

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

There are 2 known facts in the film industry

1. Disney knows how to market
2. Cameron always delivers

When the hype train comes, you can bet that everyone will be talking about these.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Are people more interested in this because its the sequel to Avatar or because its finally a new James Cameron film?

I will be seeing it because the 3D was used damn near perfectly. Story was...meh. BUT it was the most visually immersive movie I have ever seen. Imagine him doing Aliens with the tech from 12 years ago, even today!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I will be seeing it because the 3D was used damn near perfectly. Story was...meh. BUT it was the most visually immersive movie I have ever seen. Imagine him doing Aliens with the tech from 12 years ago, even today!
the tech in Aliens still holds up really well because it was all practical effects. i really dont see how they can blow people away anymore because whatever next big thing isnt really a next big thing. de aging software or the Mandolorian tech. that stuff has been around for years now. whats left to groundbreak?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Avatar made its money off the visuals and tech, it was a decade ahead of its time. Now it's over a decade later and we (can) see that level of CGI in other movies so that alone is not going to put people in seats. Narrative-wise the original script from the 90s was less derivative than the movie, so it could have been more entertaining than what they put on screen. But unless his writing chops have exceeded early GoT no one is going to see sequels for story.