Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What kind of merchandising did the first one do? Obviously meaningless to adults but i don't recall anything marketed to kids back then

Cybsled

There wasn’t much I recall at the time beyond shirts or some collectible figures. The only notable thing I can think of is the Pandora world thing they have at Disney

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What kind of merchandising did the first one do? Obviously meaningless to adults but i don't recall anything marketed to kids back then

This has about the same toy aisle saturation pre-release that Lightyear had, and those are all still rotting on shelves.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks nice but then again it's wasted on a generic remake of Dances With Wolves.

Come on, how about making a space war epic with this technology that can rival Star Wars? Actually Avatar looks like it came from an episode of Star Trek where the Enterprise discovers the blue cat planet, yeah there's an epic crossover that should happen, maybe we'll get a seen of Ferengis duking it out with the cats.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know if there has ever been a sci fi blockbuster movie that I have had less desire to watch than this movie. If I never see it, my life will still be complete. Now I am going to watch some low budget South Korean sci-fi trash on Netflix........

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Testosterone is toxic!

Shut the fuck up and watch my movie!

"The trolls will have it that nobody gives a shit and they can’t remember the characters' names or one damn thing that happened in the movie," he said in an interview with Empire. "Then they see the movie again and go, 'Oh, okay, excuse me, let me just shut the fuck up right now.' So I’m not worried about that."

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm not gonna lie, him just dropping the pretense and acting like a cocky mf cause he can is pretty great. Dude has never failed at making a fantastic movie, even younger generations know his older shit cause its all just so good

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not gonna lie, him just dropping the pretense and acting like a cocky mf cause he can is pretty great. Dude has never failed at making a fantastic movie, even younger generations know his older shit cause its all just so good
well shit, after 13 years it better fucking be a good movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
well shit, after 13 years it better fucking be a good movie.
what is it even about? magic mike is permanently a blue alien cuz of mind transfer and somehow he can make babies w/ that lab grown body?

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what is it even about? magic mike is permanently a blue alien cuz of mind transfer and somehow he can make babies w/ that lab grown body?
i'm sure it will be just as coherent as the first one. space shitlords come back again and fight blue cats for unobtanium and revenge.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It looks like Avatar 2: The Force Awakens. It's going to have all the same beats as the first one, just in a water setting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It looks like Avatar 2: The Force Awakens. It's going to have all the same beats as the first one, just in a water setting.
probably stole the script from this anime just like fern gully

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I mean from what I can tell from the trailer, my guess is: Humans return. They blow up the forest/make it not safe, so the Avatar1 Navi have to leave and hang out with the ocean Navi. They learn ocean shit, then the humans head over to fuck up the ocean people.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I mean from what I can tell from the trailer, my guess is: Humans return. They blow up the forest/make it not safe, so the Avatar1 Navi have to leave and hang out with the ocean Navi. They learn ocean shit, then the humans head over to fuck up the ocean people.

That‘s the feeling I get also, it’s going to have a lot of similarities with the first one and I’m fine with that to be honest as long as it’s well told, looks awesome and is entertaining. I loved the first one, and pretty much everything Cameron has done so pretty excited for this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at this point why would the space shitlords spend all this cash just to go back to this same planet to do this all over again? i understand the need for this maguffin material, but is fighting toe to toe with blue cats for it the only option?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
only place in the known universe that has the material needed for their FTL/antigrav? engines.

plus corporate assholes are....wait for it.....assholes.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users