Cybsled

I liked both. Korra was a good sequel, because it showed a post-Aang world and how the actions of the original crew shaped the world, especially how the advanced bending they discovered (metal bending, lightning bending) basically ushers in an industrial and technological revolution. Plus it put Korra in a difficult position: The Avatar was this deified role (they've got like a 200 foot tall statue of Aang) and she gets plucked at a young age and told she has to match this legendary person (Aang), but its too the point where she begins to doubt herself when she realizes she is falling short and has to overcome those shortcomings or at least account for them (like she would get really angry while fighting vs. fighting smart, so she would get her ass kicked a lot). It gave her a good heroes journey, because she eventually realizes that just being the "Avatar" doesn't mean you auto-win everything.

Plus Tenzin as Aang and Katara's son was a badass airbender lol. The Zaheer vs. Tenzin fight scene was sick, first time you actually see Tenzin really let loose and show his mastery of airbending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Just rewatched Korra and if anything I'm even more eager to see a third series. There is a lot that can be done with the world they've built.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just rewatched Korra and if anything I'm even more eager to see a third series. There is a lot that can be done with the world they've built.
Cabbage bending will save the world.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Korra coming August 14, Netflix is dropping some decent animation options for that month since Wizards is the 7th and Glitch Techs S2 is the 21st

Cybsled

Not super surprised that grabbed Korra, since they seem to be investing big on Avatar IP stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Zaheer vs. Tenzin fight scene was sick

tbh Tenzin is in another league. Zaheer spent the entire fight running away from him, and I honestly think Tenzin could have beaten Zaheer, Ghazan, and Ming-hua 1v3 after Kya and Bumi went down. It was P'li sniping from above on that airship that decided the fight.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Hmm, ut oh

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well not looking forward to this anymore. But excited in that this may lead back to renewed focus on the Third Series in animation form.

Cybsled

Interesting. If they are doing animated again, I wonder if they’ll just revisit the established characters in different times, or move past that. There’s like 60+ years between end of TLA and Korra, plus they have all the prior Avatars. Or do another massive time jump to post-Korra (Avatar in Space lol)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Sounds like they will be doing movies and multiple series... so I would guess at least one will move to the Third Age with the follow-up Earthbender.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
20220722_221154.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Kyoshi would be cool, but seeing the gap years between Last Airbender and Korra is probably a better starting film since it will have stronger ties to both of the animated series

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As fun as it would be to see some of the middle years, plot armor would make any kind of conflict trivial when we know already they all live to be x-age.

Loved watching both & re-watching them again, favorite episodes are still the lion turtle & first avatar memories.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
plot armor would make any kind of conflict trivial when we know already they all live
It started out as a kid's show and there were only like 3 deaths of named characters in the Last Airbender. and Princess Yue is more like half a death really. Not a single member of the main cast or even any of the villains died, although maybe Admiral Zhao should count as a death too. Obviously they got shockingly hardcore for a Nickelodeon show with Korra (presumably why Nick moved it to web only) but you don't need to kill a bunch of people to tell an engaging story.

Still can't believe Nickelodeon let them end the first season with a murder-suicide by Tarrlok and then Korra very clearly being on the brink of suicide herself.

Cybsled

Korra got fucked up a lot during that series. Gets her bending taken away and she almost kills herself, gets crippled in another fight and basically has to rehab her way back to functionality, has her connection to her past lives severed, etc

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Korra got fucked up a lot during that series. Gets her bending taken away and she almost kills herself, gets crippled in another fight and basically has to rehab her way back to functionality, has her connection to her past lives severed, etc
Yeah I figured seasons 3 and/or 4 would be about some crazy quest to restore her connection to her past lives, possibly involving some buddy comedy with her and Jinora journeying in the spirit world. Instead they continued to feed Korra into a wood chipper for two more seasons. It made for a good story but I think the showrunners have a bit of a sadistic streak.

I was ambivalent about the Korrasami relationship but I ended up supporting it wholeheartedly when I realized how much Sean fucking hated it.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rumors going around the next TLA series post-Korra will come out in 2025 about the next one in the cycle, an earth Avatar