Cybsled

If it is post-Korra, then I wonder if they are basically going to do "modern age" Avatar? Korra basically took place in the rough equivalent of the 1930s

spronk

FPS noob
watched avatar last airbender with the grandkids the past month and everyone loved, Korra wasn't as big a hit though. too serious, romancy, and Korra is too much of an angsty teenager to be a fun character. We took a break at s3, nobody wants to keep going lol

hopefully the next series skews back younger instead of going older

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It made sense to age the show up to match the original Uhvatar fanbase and the rest of your criticisms are picard worthy.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Avatars generally have a long life. Aang got shortchanged because he spent a century frozen in the ice, but most them live to be ~150+. This makes sense given the whole ~20+ years training before they can take on their role. If they only lived to 60 or so then your have 1/3 of human history Avatar-less.

Of course Korra could die early due to getting killed versus passing from natural causes, and she's also the re-start of a new Avatar cycle having had her previous lives lost in the whole spirit mess, so there is wiggle room for sure.

I would still expect the Earth Avatar to show up in a more futuristic space-borne setting where having a mystic representation of Earth is seen as anachronisticly jarring compared to people flying around in outer space / colonizing the moon etc. I would also expect to see some sort of resolution to the whole bender vs non-bender aspects of their society. Are there lots more benders now, potentially ones whose powers are enriched by the spirits and aligned to more than the 4 elements or have benders been relegated to Mutants and subject to persecution?

There's a lot to work with either way.

spronk

FPS noob

F-V3lukXkAAKf48.jpg

saw TLA for the first time last year and really enjoyed it, the pic looks pretty good and i assume a trailer tomorrow

thought TLA was way, way better than Korra too hope they don't try to rush it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Like everyone else I enjoyed Korra and TLA. I don't really care about a remake of TLA, much less a live action one.

Would much rather see an animated version of a totally different airbender, past or future.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The series ends if they don't get Toph right, doesn't matter that she wouldn't be in til next season if they aren't planning/casting for her already it's over before it starts.

Goonsquad Officer
Iroh looks a little too...young? Not tired enough? Maybe I need to see him act.

Everything else looks perfect.

Can't wait to see the red neck swamp men

spronk

FPS noob
fire nation looks awesome. water nation is kinda ehhh, but i'm sure it'll be fine. Ang is a little youngish but he was goofy as fuck in season 1 animated so it makes sense.

visuals are really, really good reminds me of One Piece how it captures the essence of the show style.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Trailer looks good. Would still rather they made it with a different avatar. I wonder if my eight year old would enjoy this.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
WELL ang looks age appropriate ~15ish year old range.
effects look good for the most part,
The Kioshi Warriors look AWESOME almost perfect from the original cartoon.
now if they follow the story line from the original- mostly- it will rock, appa and the momo look kinda wonky.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
People should really temper their expectations. A LOT. I've loved the IP ever since Uhvatar first came out but live action adaptations and Netflix both have terrible track records.

If people want to bring up One Piece as a comparison, I'll counter with Eiichiro Oda being actively involved with the project and supposedly being the driving force behind the show being as faithful as possible to the source material. Uhvatar's creators bailed on this project over 3 years ago.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider

Oh My.....that looks Good. Like Really Good. Deep Breath, they always make trailers look good, Deep Breath...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, looks good enough to at least give it a shot. The guy they got for Iroh looks the part, but going to take a powerfully good actor to turn Mako's performance into something worthy.