Avengers: Age of Ultron

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure the tesserac is one which changed hands all over the movies and the red mist shit in the 2nd thor that got to be inside Natalie Portman was also one. So they have been handles a bit bifore AoU

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no pretty sure about it, they confirmed that in Guardians of the Galaxy. The Tesseract contains the Space Stone, the Scepter had the Mind Stone, the Aether somehow contains the Reality Stone, the purple one from GotG is the Power Stone. They haven't revealed the Time or Soul Stones. My bet is we see one in Dr Strange and Thanos will show up already in possession of the last one, maybe with a flashback to how he found it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the tesserac is one which changed hands all over the movies and the red mist shit in the 2nd thor that got to be inside Natalie Portman was also one. So they have been handles a bit bifore AoU
Yes, but changing hands "in care of" people is not a big deal. Even Loki wasn't harnessing the full power of the stone while it was in his staff (clearly). The first time one was used to its full potential as far as I can tell, was Ronan, and then it quickly got locked up. Now, there's a stone inside an android, who is using it to its full potential, or at least very close to. That's what I meant. Of course I'm aware they've been around in the movies changing hands and such.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nerd question. Were the Asgardians always aware that the Tesserac had an infinity gem in it? The movie version one at least.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nerd question. Were the Asgardians always aware that the Tesserac had an infinity gem in it? The movie version one at least.
I don't think it's ever discussed, but I doubt Odin would have left it hidden on Earth if he had known it was an Infinity Stone.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I just re-watch Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday.

Reading the last several posts makes me wonder why the Collector would ever want to have an Infinity stone in his collection? I mean yeah he's the collector and all. But he had very solid understanding of what the infinity stones are. And the simple fact is that owning one will just ensure a visit by the likes of Thanos or a powerful servant of his looking to take it with force.

Just seems such a magnet for trouble.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, there's a reason he's actually called The Collector. He collects things. He wanted the full set of infinity stones.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just re-watch Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday.

Reading the last several posts makes me wonder why the Collector would ever want to have an Infinity stone in his collection? I mean yeah he's the collector and all. But he had very solid understanding of what the infinity stones are. And the simple fact is that owning one will just ensure a visit by the likes of Thanos or a powerful servant of his looking to take it with force.

Just seems such a magnet for trouble.
Is Thanos 'known' though in the movie universe at that point besides his allies though? I've no idea what the 'normal' backstory for those somehow galactic villains like how they can keep making evil plans without anyone being like 'you know...'

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In the comics, didn't thanks make a deal with the collector to get one of the stones from him?

Rais

Trakanon Raider
In the comics it's called Thano's Quest. He pretty much tricks the collector for his gem in exchange for one of the other elder of the universe (The Runner). Thanos pretty much beats the shit out of, out smarts, and just overall bad asses himself all over the place. It's 2 books. It will give some of the best insight on what Thanos is.

hqdefault.jpg

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
After watching the scene with Stark looking at the bodies of all the Avengers on the rock, it looks like the extras on the rock are just fallen SHIELD combat troops. I remember the rumor floating around the scene hid some sort of Easter egg about the future. It is possible that the scene could be replicated with each troop being replaced by a new Avenger.