Avengers: Age of Ultron

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah that was the whole point of Cap's dream/vision. Everyone else on the team who gets mind fucked by the Scarlet Witch has these horrible terrifying dreams (Stark sees himself failing to save everyone else, Black Widow sees her training as a ruthless assassin again, despite now having an almost normal life with friends, Banner probably sees things that make him rage and go full-on Hulk mode which is why he wipes the floor with Wakanda, Thor has visions of Ragnarok...) but Cap is kind of immune to that terrifying dream, as he should be (in the comics his willpower is so strong he can resist mind control). He simply wraps up a loose end (his dance with Peggy Carter that he always regretted missing) and yes he also experiences some bad feelings (as was said above he realizes he has no place left in the world.. no appartment he wants to buy, none of the old friends anymore, no purpose for his personnal gain) so he just settles to become a full-time leader.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the movie but there were some parts that were a bit confusing.

Part of the confusion stems from the pace of the movie. You go from hardcore action to a farm in 2 seconds. It felt forced and I hope the extra hour that was clipped will help to distribute the pace a little better.

Why did Silver Streak die? He would not have died unless he wanted too. This was the worst part of the movie for me on a couple of levels. One that he died and two that an opportunity was missed to truly show case the power of the Scarlet Witch. She should have been the one that tore apart the entire city as it dropped. When they showed the scene that had her reaction to Silver Streak dying I was thinking " Oh shit, things are about to get real bad" and then she just kills the robots around her. That disappointed me.

Vision's origin story was ok. It did not distract too much from the movie as it was a fairly short sequence, but for people that do not know this character there might be some confusion. They really did not develop his character very much and just skipped right to him being bad ass.

I was really hoping for a Dr. Strange cameo. It would have been nice to have had him appear at a critical moment with the Scarlet Witch. I presume it was considered but Cumberbatch might not have been available or something.

I knew Loki's staff had an affinity stone in it but forgot that it was the yellow one. Was the blue color meant to hide the fact that it was yellow? I always kind of wondered why Loki's staff radiated a blue color.

I give this movie a 7/10. I love special effects but felt that the missing hour perhaps was too much cut from the film. With the extra hour this movie could very well be a 9/10 as the pacing will not feel as rushed. I cannot give it a 10/10 because of the way Silver Streak and the Scarlet Witch were handled.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They showed Quicksilver being out of breath like a normal person would be running around so much, showed that he was vulnerable and not god mode like X Men version.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
None of them wore earpieces or anything, so how could they all hear each other talk? Implants? If so, I want one so that I can hear Black Widow when she orgasms. They obviously don't active the radio. It seems to be always on.

faille

Molten Core Raider
None of them wore earpieces or anything, so how could they all hear each other talk? Implants? If so, I want one so that I can hear Black Widow when she orgasms. They obviously don't active the radio. It seems to be always on.
There's a scene showing quicksilver putting in an earpiece, so they are probably all wearing one.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes they did, at some point you see them put them in - i specifically remember quicksilver(whatever name he went by in the movie) put one in his right ear at one point.

TheBigTor_sl

shitlord
Apologies if this has been covered, I checked but didn't see anything related.
How is the 3d in this maovie? There are so very few 2d showings (must, resist, urge, to rant) that my wife, kids, and I may be forced to see a 3d viewing and just want to know if it is worth the few extra dollars or if we should wait another week or so.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Apologies if this has been covered, I checked but didn't see anything related.
How is the 3d in this maovie? There are so very few 2d showings (must, resist, urge, to rant) that my wife, kids, and I may be forced to see a 3d viewing and just want to know if it is worth the few extra dollars or if we should wait another week or so.
The 3d fucking sucks. Only reason I got the 3d was because the 2d was sold out like a month in advance. It's fine when nothing is really going on, but once things start moving it turns into cat ass in a blender. Don't do it.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Relevant

3. Captain America's "dream" doesn't really mean anything? I dunno.....Stark's was a foreshadowing to his fear and end of Avengers..... Thor's was a nice intro to Ragnarok..... and Captain Americas was ......something? I dunno I didn't get it.
Cap was already living his worst fear. That's what his "dream" meant.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Killing Quicksilver had to be done. They obviously do not want to share characters, and he's not essential to the plot like the Scarlet Witch is.
Sorry, late response. Reading up on past posts.
Do you think they could use Quicksilver as the next tie in to Agents of Shield, and bring him back to life using Kree blood? That might make it easier to re-introduce Agent Coulson as well.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man that Iron Man v Hulk fight was so excellent.
But it didnt make sense, hulk can take a nuke and if he puts a bullet in he head hulk will still take over, should have just had him calm down on his own. Stark intentionally looking for buildings to completely destroy was terrible also

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the real issue is that speedsters tend to be disproportionately powerful and sorta screw things up, which is why they quickly wrote Quicksilver out of DofP right after his jesus scene.. I mean yeah MCU Quicksilver won't win a fight against the Hulk, but look at the argument about Vision. Quicksilver just immediately unplugs everything before anyone can react. How do you keep someone like that around without asking 'why didnt Quicksilver just take care of that instantly' for every single problem, unless you start adding a 'this is why Quicksilver couldnt do it' to every single problem.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The hulkbuster fight was indeed awesome, but kind of strange at the same time. I don't think of Starks X-buster series of suits have EVER worked out in the comics, and they always end up with him getting his shit pushed in, especially by the Hulk. Was fully expecting him to get wrecked, but meh.

And he wasn't really trying to fight the hulk, he was buying time for the mind control shit to wear off. It's pretty obvious banner has at least some control over hulk form and given time for the mind rape to wear off he'd at least be able to get out of the city/stop the rampage.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He was trying to contain him, and that didn't work. Then he made him mad so he could take him away from civilians "let's go where you can't hurt anyone, big guy". That's why he scanned the building for life signs then essentially buried himself and the hulk in an effort to just pile enough shit on him to slow him down. And it worked. He came out unmind-controlled. I don't think the Tony punching him is necessarily him knocking Hulk out as that's completely impossible. I think it was more akin to the scene in Avengers 1 where Hulk and Thor team up and then at the very end Hulk sucker punches him.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Stark piston-punching Hulk's face and saying "Please go to sleep, please go to sleep," was pretty damn funny.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He was trying to contain him, and that didn't work. Then he made him mad so he could take him away from civilians "let's go where you can't hurt anyone, big guy". That's why he scanned the building for life signs then essentially buried himself and the hulk in an effort to just pile enough shit on him to slow him down. And it worked. He came out unmind-controlled. I don't think the Tony punching him is necessarily him knocking Hulk out as that's completely impossible. I think it was more akin to the scene in Avengers 1 where Hulk and Thor team up and then at the very end Hulk sucker punches him.
but demolishing the building with all the civillians at ground would be large casualties. Hulk in a rage like that would crush stark easily which. i still dont really get how it worked in the movie, Hulk cant really be controlled, you could try and shut banner off and then youre creating one of the strongest characters in mcu