Avengers: Age of Ultron

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Saw it, enjoyed it. 8/10

But I came in thinking James Spader was going to take Stark's vision of creating a post-human defensive force and instead pervert it into a post-human eradication force. It would be like JARVIS (who was clearly running a ton of stuff in the Avengers at this point) but able to self-improve like a typical AI. This seemed to be hinted at through the entire first half of the movie where Ultron shows up in this pieced together robot with the beaten up crappy robots, then next he shows up all bulked out to get the Vibranium, later you see his industry making even better robots and also he tries to make his ultimate form and Vision is produced.

However, once he lost Vision he switches gears toward 'world destruction device' and seems to create an army of awful robots that get one shot by Black Widow. The armaments you saw from the 'first generation' of ultron were completely gone and replaced with fists, and they seemed made of tin. The 'defense of the button' scene reminded me of:
Conservation of Ninjutsu - TV Tropes

And it was fine, I just expected them to have to solve a problem they couldn't basically just overpower. Additionally Vision popping up and just sort of disabling Ultron's network interface with yellow boxes to solve the reproducible AI problem I thought was sloppy.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw it over the weekend. I give it an 8.5, probably real close to a 9. But that's also rating it on an MCU scale where 9 for a MCU movie is 50 times better than most other movies. I also think it's a touch below Avengers 1 but I kind of expected it going in. To me this movie has 'Two Towers' syndrome, it's a middle movie where all it's really trying to do is set up future movies and I think it did that well. Hulk vs. Iron Man was the best sequence, I think despite how it ended Hulk kicked Tony's ass for the most part.

I thought Spader did very well as Ultron. One of his best lines was saying humans found vibranium and the best they could do was make a boomerang.

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
"One of his best lines was saying humans found vibranium and the best they could do was make a boomerang."

It was a Frisbee referencing Cap's shield.

I would give it a 9/10. I think overall the first Avengers movie is better. I enjoyed some of the team up sequences between Thor and Captain, but I feel that whatever scenes they cut from Thor's story made his role seem "off".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Saw it over the weekend. I give it an 8.5, probably real close to a 9. But that's also rating it on an MCU scale where 9 for a MCU movie is 50 times better than most other movies. I also think it's a touch below Avengers 1 but I kind of expected it going in. To me this movie has 'Two Towers' syndrome, it's a middle movie where all it's really trying to do is set up future movies and I think it did that well. Hulk vs. Iron Man was the best sequence, I think despite how it ended Hulk kicked Tony's ass for the most part.

I thought Spader did very well as Ultron. One of his best lines was saying humans found vibranium and the best they could do was make a boomerang.
It's funny how that line points out a bit of a plot hole. You know Stark would've made a Vibranium suit if he could just go get the Vibranium from someone he knew.

And another part I enjoyed as a Thor fanboy is how he just jumps into the middle of this science and philosophy debate between Banner, Stark and Rogers by lightninening the shit out of Visions. Thor is out of place is any kind of real debate and I love it when they show off his Godhood on an intellectual level, as in, "You mortals can mince words, but I'm above yours and the audience's understanding and I know because Asgard that using my godly powers will make us a super being."

It was like when Gimli tried breaking the one ring with his axe but instead of looking like a stupid dwarf while Agent Smith watched it made everything work out ok in the end.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
My biggest problem in Avengers 1 is that Cap looks like he's wearing pajamas/cosplay through most of the movie. That bright blue looks like shit on film and the soft "mask" just didn't work for me. His tactical blue/white suit in WS was the best. Hope they go back to that for Civil War.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Avengers 1 Cap was awful. Spiderman CGI patkour bullshit. Everyone else looked awesome. Avengers 2 Thor/Cap combo ruled. The weakest by far action wise was Iron Man, which I'm fine with.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kind of interesting this is probably going to end up making approximately 170 million less than the first film in the states. Still a huge success and will likely beat the first film globally, but that's still a sizable drop.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was kind of upset they did a Shield helicarrier rescue instead of Vision doing something interesting. He was cool but it seemed like he was occasionally amazing and occasionally just a dude who got punched. Of course I don't know what his 'real' story is so maybe him needing to 'learn' his powers is a thing?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw it n last night and enjoyed it alot. It was definitely a second movie but got me even more excited for the next one. My only gripe is that in some of the action scenes, especially the opening the CGI was so apparent that it took me out of the movie. Almost looked like Matrix 2 cartoon people grphics.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
As for how more people aren't dying every time a "Code Green" happens there is the Amadeus Cho theory. Banner is effectively the Hulk's subconscious, and subtly directs the Hulk in such a way as to avoid innocent casualties.
I loved the SNL Avengers skit when Thor was hosting.

Banner: I think I ate a dude
Thor: You ate a lot of people

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Yep. The slow mo beginning scene where they show all six jumping or whatever did the exact opposite it was supposed to do. Now with that said, my favorite "oh shit" moment came right after that when Hulk steam rolled through that hydra bunker. That was pretty badass

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everything hulk did was awesome. I never watch anything in 3d but I was under the assumption that was filmed for 3d. Most shit scenes are

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
The two comics where Thanos takes all the gems from the gem bearers are some of my favorite. I really hope that entire process is done through Thanos' point of view to show off what an awesome character he is.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The two comics where Thanos takes all the gems from the gem bearers are some of my favorite. I really hope that entire process is done through Thanos' point of view to show off what an awesome character he is.
That's actually an interesting premise and could give a proper explanation for avengers 3 being split into 2 films. First one could be thanos as the protagonist just wrecking crap. Second one could be the avengers fighting back