Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, wait, theres more from that article,

During your time playing Carol, you've been really vocal about intersectional feminism. There are so many amazing female heroes in Marvel Comics. Which one you would like to see headline their own MCU movie? Anyone you're just dying to see on screen?

I would love to see a Valkyrie solo movie for sure. I'd love to see a Ms. Marvel movie for sure. I mean, they haven't even begun to tap into her abilities. And I love her story so much. It would be my hope she comes in sooner rather than later as Carol's sidekick, and then eventually kind of takes over. And then of course, the Wakanda ladies, I could watch a whole movie of those warrior women, there's so much to be mined from that. So I think there's a lot of material out there and a lot of new worlds to delve into.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
We won't know til Phase 4 gets rolling. I have a feeling it's gonna be at least 3-4 years before we get another Avengers movie. At this point there has been no plot reason for Captain Marvel to take over. However I think the Avengers go more cosmic in Phase 4. Especially with the Eternals coming out.

I think the setup is for BP to be the lead. He's kind of CA and IM rolled into one story. He was also the first out of the portal and asked for the gauntlet from Clint. A lot of foreshadowing for BP. Who knows though.... I'm not exactly sure if the Avengers will even be a thing for awhile. I don't see any team up films for probably 5 years so it's hard to tell how they'll handle it. I hope they make a movie with the Illuminati. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I know the movies don't need to follow the comics at all, and haven't for the most part, but here's a comic nerd's ranking of Avenger leaders:

If they use someone from the top 5, we've got a problem:
15 Avengers Leaders, Ranked From Worst To Best

THE WASP

The First Lady of the Avengers, Janet Van Dyne spent quite some time as the only lady in the superhero boys’ club, but still proved herself just as good as every other member of the team. One of few people to ever nominate themselves for chairperson, she got the support of Iron Man, Thor and Cap, and took over as leader in short order.

While heading up the team, Janet personally saw to increasing the number of women in the group, creating a more woman-friendly line-up by allowing both She-Hulk and Monica to join. Not only being a trailblazer for feminism in the Avengers, Janet also holds the distinction of being leader of the original Avengers longer than any other member besides our top pick, only stepping down for a well-earned vacation.

CAROL DANVERS
The premiere lady hero of the Marvel Universe, Carol Danvers has been around in some form or another for nearly 50 years. But though she gained her powers back in the late '70s, and has been an on-again off-again member of the Avengers for decades, it wasn’t until the aftermath of the "Civil War" that Carol was finally put in the driver’s seat and allowed to run her own Avengers.

The leader of the Mighty Avengers, Carol was the face of the pro-Registration team until the aftermath of "Secret Invasion" when Osborn tookover. Since then, she’s become leader of Alpha Flight as well as the Ultimates, and is frequently the second-in-command of other Avengers teams. The only thing keeping her outside of the top three is that she always picks the wrong side during Civil Wars.

Maybe they find a way to bring Black Widow back, since she was already shown to be a leader in End Game.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I know the movies don't need to follow the comics at all, and haven't for the most part, but here's a comic nerd's ranking of Avenger leaders:

If they use someone from the top 5, we've got a problem:
15 Avengers Leaders, Ranked From Worst To Best

Maybe they find a way to bring Black Widow back, since she was already shown to be a leader in End Game.

I’m down with having Rogue lead the Avengers provided someone else is recast to play her instead of that TruBlood Fairy and the character starts their stint by draining Capten Marvel of her powers and then throwing her remains into the sun.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I purposely left this thread about 2 weeks ago, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I don't know if we're still doing spoilers even, but I'll do it just to be safe.

Solid 9/10 for me. Honestly, it was about the best "end" I could have ever hoped for. The last act was by far the best massive battle of any movie I've ever seen. I will say that on future rewatches I'll be likely to skip a lot of the movie and just get to that part, which makes Infinity War a better movie overall. I have already watched IW from start to finish multiple times, including the night before Endgame, and I never feel like any parts are too slow or need to be skipped. You could have cut a good half hour out of Endgame though and other than the payoff for the characters themselves, it wouldn't detract from the movie very much at all. But, on first viewing, I'm glad all those scenes were there. Even the overwhelming loss you feel after they kill Thanos and realize they still failed was worth having in the film, but on subsequent viewings I'll easily skip much of that (including the Russo support group especially).

Fat Thor was hilarious...but I wish he had somehow gotten back to ripped Thor by the final battle. I'm no expert on Asgardian physiology, but I was hoping he could magic himself fit again or something, and just hadn't cared to prior to that. And the Fortnite scene definitely could have/should have been cut. Funny, and I love Korg of course, but we could have easily lost that part.

The girl power scene, yeah it was heavy handed and eye-rolling, but since there was a teenage girl (maybe 13) sitting next to me (no, not my date), I can definitely say that it opened my eyes a bit as to how much that bullshit meant to people like her. She literally sobbed when Black Widow sacrificed herself (and Tony, of course), she was ecstatic when Captain Marvel appeared, and when the girl power team stood on screen for a second, she literally shouted out, "The Women of Marvel!!! I'm going to pee my pants!" Thankfully, she did not. It sort of opened my eyes as to just how big this Marvel thing has gotten. Sure, I sort of knew it, but not really to this extent. That girl lived for those moments, and I guarantee she begged her dad to take her to Captain Marvel as well. So if 30 seconds of girl power was all it takes to bring in that audience and make these movies even more successful, I'll put up with it. Because unlike most other people it seems, I don't have any "superhero fatigue." I have lived for a long fucking time hoping for exactly this sort of thing, and now I'm getting them, and I will stay with them until they start sucking too hard to stand anymore. We're nowhere near that yet. Sure, it might happen soon, but I can still hope.

All of the callbacks and fan service in this movie was just amazing. I can't even imagine what the count is. I've seen videos that say shit like 209, and it feels like they really stretched the definition of "easter egg" with that video, but there were definitely a shitload of them. It was the perfect "Endgame" movie, honestly. I can't think of a better way to send off various characters and still move on with others without making their loss seem trivial. It was more of an event than just a movie, and I loved it. Again, not my favorite Marvel movie, but for what it was, it was everything I could have hoped for.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I like to think Old Cap planned to just hand his shield to whoever walked by first.

"Oohh ... hey there young man. Wanna be Captain America?"

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
How is some non enhanced dude going to use Cap’s shield and be even moderately useful. He’s going to get one punched and done in the first fight. They better be pumping him full of roids via some apparatus on the back of the shield or Rogers taped a package of magic muscle serum to the back of the shield in a brown paper bag and a note to Banner on how to put it into black man.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
How is some non enhanced dude going to use Cap’s shield and be even moderately useful. He’s going to get one punched and done in the first fight. They better be pumping him full of roids via some apparatus on the back of the shield or Rogers taped a package of magic muscle serum to the back of the shield in a brown paper bag and a note to Banner on how to put it into black man.

Some charisma serum wouldn't hurt either

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chris Evans ball tapping Chris Pratt in that video. Amazing.

Another nitpick: so Cap's shield, basically indestructible, is just destroyed by Thanos's sword. Now, I know the "vibranium can beat vibranium" rule exists, so I guess we just assume his sword was Vibranium or some Thanos-tech equivalent? Kinda makes Cap's shield pointless if there's other materials now that can just shred it with enough force.

And yeah, it was destroyed but old Cap has it again. He could've just nabbed it or had Howard Stark remake one or something, so I'll just assume that happened.

I hope the DVD has like 15+ minutes of deleted scenes. I really want to see Cap returning the Soul Stone and talking to Red Skull, who is probably not even Red Skull anymore, truly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Another nitpick: so Cap's shield, basically indestructible, is just destroyed by Thanos's sword. Now, I know the "vibranium can beat vibranium" rule exists, so I guess we just assume his sword was Vibranium or some Thanos-tech equivalent? Kinda makes Cap's shield pointless if there's other materials now that can just shred it with enough force.

And yeah, it was destroyed but old Cap has it again. He could've just nabbed it or had Howard Stark remake one or something, so I'll just assume that happened.

I hope the DVD has like 15+ minutes of deleted scenes. I really want to see Cap returning the Soul Stone and talking to Red Skull, who is probably not even Red Skull anymore, truly.
you spend 70 years all alone on a planet, you arent going to be the same person anymore.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

He probably hid around a corner and in a piss poor feminine voice was all like “Captain Steven Rogers, just toss the stone over the cliff and then leave, please. Quickly, I have a... grandchildren coming for a visit.”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
After seeing the resolution of 8 seasons of "winter is coming," I'd like to raise my review score of this movie and climatic battle by 100 points.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users