Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw this today. Thought it was a pretty good book end for the MCU.

with the introduction of different timelines, does this mean the could bring back Tony or cap if they wanted too at some point?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I saw this today. Thought it was a pretty good book end for the MCU.

with the introduction of different timelines, does this mean the could bring back Tony or cap if they wanted too at some point?
they COULD theoretically, but they won't. they shouldn't. it would undermine the entire ending. endgame was really pretty good. but it wasn't GREAT. the parts that lift the movie up are the character specific arcs and endings. if you nullify that, you drop the best parts the movie had going for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should have gone all in and introduced the multiverse.
Could be a great way to launch the new Fanastic Four, whenever they bring them back to the fold anyways.

Dr. DOOM should be the the mega villain for the next arc(assuming they get the rights if they havent already.
Doom need some serious justice done for his character either in a TV series or Movie.
Preferably both. Dude is so fuckin powerful and epic.

I'm also down with the A-Force teaser.
Hopefully they introduce She-Hulk at some point.
Disagree. People loved Thanos because of he actually being a character of depth. Doom should also be this, but we need time to heal before an event hero again

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The only thing that stuck with me are Fat Thor and Captain's ass is America's ass. The rest..... /meh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It’s all in the details.

11 years ago in Iron Man in a cave Tony Stark is told that he is a man who has everything, and yet has nothing or something like that, and the last words Tony speaks are “I am Iron Man”.

11 years later in Endgame, Tony is a man who has everything, a wife and daughter, and the last words Tony speaks are “I am Iron Man”.

This is attention to details, The movie is filled with stuff like that. These little call back, this sort of closure to character arcs are amazing.

Now I think after rewatching this movie a few times these will lose their emotional impact and make the movie less rewatchable and feel a little long, but it’s still a masterpiece.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
just saw this, great movie, didn't catch up on the whole thread but I agree the girl power scene could have been done without just smashing it in our face, and my only issue:

Now this could probably be easily explained by autists, but I thought they did the time travel shit pretty well except captain america should never have been able to be sitting there, he would have been in a different timeline. Bothered me.

Helluva great rap up though, epic battles, insane.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Also wanted to add that it's going to be next to impossible for them to do any thing even close to like this again.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Endgame leaks Black Panther 2&3 plot:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Does the massive revenue haul of this movie convince Sony to re-up their alliance with Disney to continue sharing Spiderman after Far From Home? Id think they'd be nutso not to as having Peter Parker in the other movies can only serve to increase their own brand value.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Does the massive revenue haul of this movie convince Sony to re-up their alliance with Disney to continue sharing Spiderman after Far From Home? Id think they'd be nutso not to as having Peter Parker in the other movies can only serve to increase their own brand value.
Sony in their infinite wisdom have decided to start a Spiderman TV series.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well thanks to Spider-Verse there are many such realities. If any property is perfectly fine to have multiple narratives running parallel it is this one thanks to that movie.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I thought the end credits thing was Cap hammering the shield for Falcon. Maybe it was on his back, but it looked like he went back with only the case and Mjolnir. So where did he get the vibranium and where is Mjolnir?

Now I feel a little empty. Im satisfied with that ending and I dont really think it can culminate to such a point again. There may be some more great moments, but this has been an amazing decade of cinematic story telling. Im really happy that I got to experience it in the theaters.

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I assumed Cap returned Mjolnir to the same point in time as the reality stone. Thor took that Mjolnir when he and Rocket were getting the stone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thinking back on this fantastic movie, I did think of another small nitpick.

I know Agents of Shield was not part of this universe but they could have at least honored Agent Coulson. The character was seen as recently as Captain Marvel. I loved the character and it was one of the main reasons I watched Agents of Shield. I wonder if there is a back story around this. They did a fantastic job with all the Easter eggs. A little nod to the Agents of Shield through the agent that connected the two universes would have been nice.

• 2Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I assumed Cap returned Mjolnir to the same point in time as the reality stone. Thor took that Mjolnir when he and Rocket were getting the stone.

Oh duh. That makes sense.

Still think it was Cap hammering the shield. They spent the whole movie looking back. An allusion to the future would be more fitting for the MCU. Wouldnt be mad if it was Tony from IM1 though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Thinking back on this fantastic movie, I did think of another small nitpick.

I know Agents of Shield was not part of this universe but they could have at least honored Agent Coulson. The character was seen as recently as Captain Marvel. I loved the character and it was one of the main reasons I watched Agents of Shield. I wonder if there is a back story around this. They did a fantastic job with all the Easter eggs. A little nod to the Agents of Shield through the agent that connected the two universes would have been nice.

Having him as one of the funeral attendees would have been appropriate at the very least.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
All the box office records that “Avengers: Endgame” instantly annihilated
  1. Record, Total, Previous Record Holder
  2. Biggest global opening weekend gross $1.2 billion Avengers: Infinity War ($640 million)
  3. Biggest international (non-US) opening weekend gross $859 million The Fate of the Furious ($443 million)
  4. Biggest US opening weekend gross $350 million Avengers: Infinity War ($257 million)
  5. Biggest 3D opening weekend gross $540 million Avengers: Infinity War ($366 million)
  6. Biggest IMAX opening weekend gross $91.5 million Avengers: Infinity War (48 million)
  7. Biggest opening weekend gross adjusted for inflation 38.8 million tickets sold Star Wars: The Force Awakens (28.5 million tickets sold)
  8. Biggest weekend per-theater average $75,000 Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60,000)
  9. Biggest opening day gross $157 million Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($119 million)
  10. Biggest weekend market share 90% Avengers: Age of Ultron (85%)
  11. Fastest to $100 million 17 hours Star Wars: The Force Awakens (21 hours)
  12. Fastest to $350 million 3 days Star Wars: The Force Awakens (6 days)
  13. Fastest to $1 billion 5 days Avengers: Infinity War (11 days)

• 3Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I really wish the box office bullshit was based on number of tickets sold over dollar value. Also based on number of screens to get a better perspective overall.