Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Another nitpick: so Cap's shield, basically indestructible, is just destroyed by Thanos's sword. Now, I know the "vibranium can beat vibranium" rule exists, so I guess we just assume his sword was Vibranium or some Thanos-tech equivalent? Kinda makes Cap's shield pointless if there's other materials now that can just shred it with enough force.

I think of it as... the vibranium was the most amazing material *on earth*, but there's gotta be better shit out there. Plus Thanos is a fucking beast.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The thing that gets me the most is we had to suffer through a 2 hour commercial about how great Wakanda is and how they are so advanced and no one in the galaxy can come close to them technologically. However they never thought to look into this "Time Travel Thing" and was just now solved on earth of all places. No other civilization we have seen in the first 20 movies thought about time travel the most powerful weapon imaginable. Also why would Thanos go back to the time when they had the stones, it would have been a way better move to do what they did but show up a day ahead of time. They shouldn't have gone the time travel route it just opens up to many doors and is way over used.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
lol
So you're not just an actress, you're a director, too. Do you have any aspirations to direct an MCU movie?
Totally. I mean, for me, whether it's acting or directing, it's about story. And I've always been incredibly impressed with Marvel's ability to talk about very difficult subject matters; whether it's internal human condition stuff or worldwide issues, through the metaphor of superheroes and aliens in space. I feel like they've become such a powerful tool of connection that of course it's something I would love to tackle eventually, given the right story. Because, just on the acting side of Captain Marvel, I worked on it for two years. And I think it's even longer when you're writing and directing a Marvel movie. So it has to be a story that you really feel passionate in your gut that it's undeniable and will carry you through for a couple years.

Makes sense. OK, two more questions for you. If Carol were to show up in another MCU film like Thor: Ragnarock, which was kind of a buddy movie between Hulk and Thor, what character would you want to team up with?
I'm still really into this idea of an all-female Avengers movie. Getting all the women together and getting them to work as a team ... would be so powerful and iconic. Just because having just seen Avengers: Endgame, getting to see all of those characters on screen, you realize the beauty of these new superhero movies is that everybody has their own special skills they bring to the table. Their own, you know, superpower. And to see women work together, and in that way as a team, is not something we've seen enough of on screen.
Fine as long as her movies go straight to VHS. That's about the quality I'd expect out of her movies.

• 2Like
  • 2Direct to DVD
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
More than anything I just want a good quality video of Cap wielding Mjolnir. Been waiting like fucking almost 10 years for that. The more I think about it the better it gets too. He didn't run up and try to grab it and then know he was worthy. He fucking knew all along. He fucking gimme'd that shit and then unlocked all the special moves instantly. God damn. Full on Paladin Cap will probably stand as my favorite Marvel MCU moment to date and probably ever.

• 9Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Fadaar

That guy
Oh he totally knew in Ultron but didn't want to hurt Thor's feelings. It seemed like an obvious theory then but was nice to see it confirmed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh he totally knew in Ultron but didn't want to hurt Thor's feelings. It seemed like an obvious theory then but was nice to see it confirmed.

I think the hammer wouldn't let him pick it up until a moment of genuine need, not just to win a pissing contest.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow Time Travel really triggers people.

The Ancient One explained the rules, as long as the stones were returned then the timeline would be fixed without any alternate universes branching out. She even made us a diagram of the alternate universe merging back in.

I think that anything else would fit Harry Potter rules where anything that happens has always happened. Though yes this is not confirmed, that's clearly the intent of having old cap show up.

They even state that Cap has the job of returning the stones and fixing the timeline... if you are really, really salty about this just imagine that Cap went back and fixed all the plotholes you are enraged by.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just got back from this. I thought it was pretty good and a satisfying conclusion. My only complaint would be the length of the first act. I feel like they could have adequately buttoned up what was going on and set the stage for the last half of the movie in a much shorter timeframe.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I know Falcon is Cap in the comics, but you KNOW Feige chose him over WInter Soldier because of race.

Falcon was a great side kick in WInter Soldier. He was barely around in Avengers 2. He was fairly important to Civil War. But they spent a BUNCH of Movies Linking Cap and Bucky,evening beaking up the team for Caps choice of Bucky, just for him to get about 2 lines in Infinity War and one half assed gooebye in Endgame. At the end of Civil war we were all certain he would be the next cap.

But then WOKE shit came up. Now Falcon gets to be Cap, and Winter solider is what? Gone? Falcon could have just been number 2 to an actual new powerful Cap.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like they could have done more with the extras. Each character should have had one moment. Captain obviously gets his, but he has two random scenes that could have been given to others, namely Groot and Drax. For example, Drax could have stabby stabbied Thanos then got interrupted by the beast we saw him fighting and him ragefully try to get back, but more trashmobs come and he slaughters as camera pans.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know Falcon is Cap in the comics, but you KNOW Feige chose him over WInter Soldier because of race.

Falcon was a great side kick in WInter Soldier. He was barely around in Avengers 2. He was fairly important to Civil War. But they spent a BUNCH of Movies Linking Cap and Bucky,evening beaking up the team for Caps choice of Bucky, just for him to get about 2 lines in Infinity War and one half assed gooebye in Endgame. At the end of Civil war we were all certain he would be the next cap.

But then WOKE shit came up. Now Falcon gets to be Cap, and Winter solider is what? Gone? Falcon could have just been number 2 to an actual new powerful Cap.

yeah, i think it would have been great to do that scene completely differently. have cap give bucky the shield and bucky just straight up refuses it. then everyone else around is like, no bucky, it's you, take it. would have really solidified his journey and that despite what he's done, he has friends and they trust him

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Falcon is a joke, he got clowned by Ant Man , scrub Ant Man. Bucky will eventually become Cap after Falcon fucks it up.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

The next crew of avengers will have the largest collection of hubcaps in the galaxy!

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
They should have gone all in and introduced the multiverse.
Could be a great way to launch the new Fanastic Four, whenever they bring them back to the fold anyways.

Dr. DOOM should be the the mega villain for the next arc(assuming they get the rights if they havent already.
Doom need some serious justice done for his character either in a TV series or Movie.
Preferably both. Dude is so fuckin powerful and epic.

I'm also down with the A-Force teaser.
Hopefully they introduce She-Hulk at some point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
More than anything I just want a good quality video of Cap wielding Mjolnir. Been waiting like fucking almost 10 years for that. The more I think about it the better it gets too. He didn't run up and try to grab it and then know he was worthy. He fucking knew all along. He fucking gimme'd that shit and then unlocked all the special moves instantly. God damn. Full on Paladin Cap will probably stand as my favorite Marvel MCU moment to date and probably ever.

Ditto: I'd been waiting since Age of Ultron for this moment and I applauded when it happened. Only real nitpick (and this goes for the movie as a whole) is he didn't finish Thanos off with it.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to watch this a second time. I definitely enjoyed it, but in a different way than Infinity War. More emotional I suppose.
Cap with Mjolnir was fantastic. I enjoyed everything with Tony in it, especially the family stuff with his daughter and his Dad.

I didn't mind thicc Thor but i hope they change his look a bit now. He's a perfect fit for Guardians.

For the people left they need to rez Vision, and he and Wanda need to lead.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
They should have gone all in and introduced the multiverse.
Could be a great way to launch the new Fanastic Four, whenever they bring them back to the fold anyways.

Dr. DOOM should be the the mega villain for the next arc(assuming they get the rights if they havent already.
Doom need some serious justice done for his character either in a TV series or Movie.
Preferably both. Dude is so fuckin powerful and epic.

I'm also down with the A-Force teaser.
Hopefully they introduce She-Hulk at some point.
One of my favorite comic stories ever is Triumph and Torment where Doom and Dr. Strange (awesome combo) go to Hell to free the soul of Doom's mother. Doom and Silver Surfer I would love to see in a Marvel Studios film. Goddamn travesty the Fox version of those characters.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean you can't give the Captain America mantle to the known assassin/terrorist. You realize Bucky is technically still in hiding in Wakanda.

• 1Like