Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
While it doesn't really matter he also has a different motivation. Not that it makes him stronger but more dangerous. I think the MCU will be playing on that some. He's going to go bat crazy to avenge his family after the snapture most are assuming. One of those scenarios where it's tough to beat a guy willing to risk it all and feels he has nothing to lose.

Again, he's not more powerful but I guess a more dangerous version of the character.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you have nothing to lose, you are absolutely more dangerous. Reason being is there's nothing subliminally holding you back. You'd be willing to take a shot that could be 50:50 chance of being fatal to your target or yourself. Because if you die... who gives a shit? You've already lost everything. That's the logic behind it, at least.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Hell you would take a 1/3 chance because the chance to kill far outweighs the will to live

Even a one percent chance for your ultimate goal is worth it at that point. Still though he’s a shit hero.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Having nothing to lose wouldn't make you very dangerous in your company's next weight loss challenge.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If you have nothing to lose, wouldn't that mean you have everything to gain, and therefore should take extra care that nothing happens to you because things are actually starting to look up for you?

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you have nothing to lose, wouldn't that mean you have everything to gain, and therefore should take extra care that nothing happens to you because things are actually starting to look up for you?
it means you have nothing. no prospects for the future. nothing that can be taken away from you. nothing you care about. except revenge. its basically Drax's story arch in GoTG1 and how far did that get him?

• 5Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
it means you have nothing. no prospects for the future. nothing that can be taken away from you. nothing you care about. except revenge. its basically Drax's story arch in GoTG1 and how far did that get him?

Swear to god this *WHOOSH* was so powerful it actually left a measurable path of destruction on the EF scale.

• 14Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 14 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How can a person really have "nothing left to lose?" I mean, there is regret, sanity, memory, empathy, self control, physical ableness, arms, legs, peni.

He could be maimed, have his memory erased of his loved ones, of himself, lose bladder control, and stuck in a bed nearly catatonic.
Even from there, he would lose conscious.. but that would be gaining a mercy. so I feel at that point you have a catch-22.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Swear to god this *WHOOSH* was so powerful it actually left a measurable path of destruction on the EF scale.
someday you will whiteknight me. i dont know when, but when you do....

I+left+a+question+in+their+ask+i+really+hope+_8c375b5637ba8c859c38688db98210d0.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
Hell you would take a 1/3 chance because the chance to kill far outweighs the will to live

Even a one percent chance for your ultimate goal is worth it at that point. Still though he’s a shit hero.
Yep, I mean Thanos is on a different planet and he has a Bow and arrows, but he still has that small chance! Useless hero is useless.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so i randomly came across an article that reminded me that when eitri made Stormbreaker for Thor, he said he could use it to open the bifrost. i'm really hoping thor uses that in endgame to really decimate someone. i mean, even open up a small bifrost and teleport thanos' entire arm (including the gauntlet) somewhere else. i'm sure that's NOT going to happen... or maybe use it to teleport thanos' entire army out into the middle of a black hole or something... then thor needs to just look at banner and calmly say "Most. Powerful. Avenger." and THAT'S what brings the hulk out (because hulk has nothing to lose).

Last edited:

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I felt like they only mentioned that it could/gave it the ability to open the bifrost was so Thor making it to earth in time for the final battle made sense in the context of the timing of events in the movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users