Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Except Thanos still has it (the gauntlet might have burned, but he didn't leave all those gems littered around).

Expectations are that they use Quantum Realm shenanigans from Ant-man's portals to do so (apparently, Quantum Realm has weird time aspects). Probably tweaked by Tony (when he and Nebula have finished repairing the ship or whatever and reached Earth) and powered by Capt. Marvel.

I think the quantum realm stuff Lang was harvesting is what powers those portals mentioned in Ant man & Wasp, so instead of taking everyone there, it'll be the secret sauce to using Stark's Binarily Augmented Retro-Framing (B.A.R.F) to use technology for the time travel instead of just manifesting memories.

Brad2770

All retarded guesses.

Capt. Marvel is going to fly really fast around the earth counter clockwise until the earth’s spin is reveresed. Then all they have to do is wait until time goes back far enough until Lois Lane isn’t crushed by the earthquake. Then she reverses earth’s spin again saves Lois.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All retarded guesses.

Capt. Marvel is going to fly really fast around the earth counter clockwise until the earth’s spin is reveresed. Then all they have to do is wait until time goes back far enough until Lois Lane isn’t crushed by the earthquake. Then she reverses earth’s spin again saves Lois.

Captain Marvel shows up and has a sit down with Thanos and teaches him about his toxic masculinity. Through this Thanos admits he has always wanted to be a woman and that is where all his anger comes from. He uses the gauntlet to make himself female and renames herself Thanorita. Then uses the gauntlet to give "birth" to a renewed universe.

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 14 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Captain Marvel shows up and has a sit down with Thanos and teaches him about his toxic masculinity. Through this Thanos admits he has always wanted to be a woman and that is where all his anger comes from. He uses the gauntlet to make himself female and renames herself Thanorita. Then uses the gauntlet to give "birth" to a renewed universe.
Stop giving them ideas.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Reports are that it's 3hr long and that not one person moved from their seats at audience test screenings and it is getting great comments from said audiences.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Reports are that it's 3hr long and that not one person moved from their seats at audience test screenings and it is getting great comments from said audiences.

They could probably hit 3.5 hours and I'd still be ok with it. Better than having a hacksaw to the movie to cut like 30 minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
He uses the gauntlet to make himself female and renames herself Thanorita.
terrxa-ironmans-head.jpg

"Simpsons did it"

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
All retarded guesses.

Will Australians see him flying Clockwise and wind up in the future?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
In a word, yes. It's going to be fucked up because New Zealand and all of south america are also going to the past. But Australia is going to be the sole place going ahead in time.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Hulk spoiler(ish)

Dy2do-bU8AA7eO9.jpeg

Seems this is almost a 99.9% certainty based on this early photo that Professor Hulk is confirmed!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Ok stupid question. Is Iron Man always CGI? Or does he have an actual costume that he wears? I feel like I've seen the clips where he has the top part of the suit on. But is it ever him with the helmet on?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok stupid question. Is Iron Man always CGI? Or does he have an actual costume that he wears? I feel like I've seen the clips where he has the top part of the suit on. But is it ever him with the helmet on?

I think older Mk versions of the suit with the simple flip-up face were often real costume in most scenes. And they may have a full helmet for this new suit, but obviously any of the nano-tech shit is CGI. As good as they've gotten with it, I'd guess if he's helmeted it's full CGI now.

Jive Turkey

Karen

A lot of the full body, face showing stuff is CG. I think the suit is just too form fitting to be practical and still look good. In Infinity War, it's particularly noticeable at the end when War Machine is walking around in the forest after the snap

And a random thought: The end of Infinity War might be the closest thing we have to the ending of Empire Strikes Back as far as nailing the tone goes. The stillness and quiet as the snap propagates is awesome. And the subtle strings as Thanos looks out at the sunrise is the perfect final scene

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
when i saw it opening night the theater was dead fucking silent from the snap til the credits, absolute perfect movie experience

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

There was a full physical suit for the first couple movies. Then as the CGI got set it was just him in a dot suit.